• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

goodbye.. again..

S

Sonezftw

Well I tried to come back to the game I once enjoyed, only to be terribly disappointed. I could deal with the non-stop dismount tamer ganking, the nerve strike spamming ninjas that can escape from anything, but.. when an archer 2 hit kills me without using any specials and faster than I can cast a gheal I know its time to just give up. I wont be the only one leaving im sure, the dev's seem to deem it ok to use bugged items in the game even if it unbalances an entire skill.

To the people that still play this game fairly I salute you, I hope you guys can endure the broken gameplay that is uo 2009.

R

RichDC

Well I tried to come back to the game I once enjoyed, only to be terribly disappointed. I could deal with the non-stop dismount tamer ganking, the nerve strike spamming ninjas that can escape from anything, but.. when an archer 2 hit kills me without using any specials and faster than I can cast a gheal I know its time to just give up. I wont be the only one leaving im sure, the dev's seem to deem it ok to use bugged items in the game even if it unbalances an entire skill.

To the people that still play this game fairly I salute you, I hope you guys can endure the broken gameplay that is uo 2009.
Sad to see you go, especially as the devs confirmed the bug quivers will be reverted. The problem is there so busy(thankfully) with SA that they have little time to do the rest, it is a pain dont get me wrong but give it time. Maybe take a time-out and come back at the beginning of SA?

S

Sonezftw

Sad to see you go, especially as the devs confirmed the bug quivers will be reverted. The problem is there so busy(thankfully) with SA that they have little time to do the rest, it is a pain dont get me wrong but give it time. Maybe take a time-out and come back at the beginning of SA?
I hope SA really makes some ground-breaking changes in the game, I see so many dedicated uo players that are just barely hanging on to the game as it is.
As with most expansions there always tends to be major balancing problems at the start, so I might hold off for a bit if I decide to try it. As for the quivers.. well simply put gm's have the ability to replace the items, this could easily be done as well as putting in a hotfix when the servers restart.

R

RichDC

I hope SA really makes some ground-breaking changes in the game, I see so many dedicated uo players that are just barely hanging on to the game as it is.
As with most expansions there always tends to be major balancing problems at the start, so I might hold off for a bit if I decide to try it. As for the quivers.. well simply put gm's have the ability to replace the items, this could easily be done as well as putting in a hotfix when the servers restart.
They will, im certain of that. What im sure will happen is they will put some code in to revert them.

SA i think will be the most balancing expansion since they through it out of whack with AOS. The imbuing, allowing all players acces to the 200mil weaps of today for minimul investment should go a long way to bringin the item dependacy of present uo down

*Crosses fingers*

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You died in two hits from an archer who wasn't using any specials? Somehow I think you are exaggerating there or you really didn't have good enough resists.

M

MoneyMaker

What shard are you playing?
On Legends, we don't have that many people who pvp, but those that do are 99% honest pvpers. We do have the occasional packet pushing speedster, or supposed ultra macro artist, but most are doing it the old fashioned way.... purely on their wits and skill alone.
Of course we do have the rampant gank squads, but they mostly hang at the spawns.
At least half of our pvp base is faction players as well.
I continue to hear about all of these major problems with pvp, but apparently we haven't been unfortunate enough for them to make much of a impact on Legends shard.
Hope things get better for you, and that one day you will give UO a chance again.

S

Stratic Fanatic

Thank god/moses/mohammed/buddah/and any other religion I left out. :thumbsup:

You are the weakest link....again!

REAL QUITTERS DONT QUIT...AGAIN!

G

Gladius

I guess the best way to handle the situation is to hope for the best. With SA there is a bleak light on the tunnel.

It pains me to see that for 50 bucks anybody can be a Legendary Mage overnight!

I recall the countless earthquake spells I casted and hours of hard lonesome labor done just to achieve my stripes! Man it's like getting a degree in Medicine in a day!

That's why PvP probably will be the main reason folks will leave this game than enjoy it. Besides most enthusiasts of PvP rarely play fair anyways. And I see no good logic in running around trying to kill people at fel like a bunch of lunatics.(JOHO)

It's best that more champ spawns would be made available to Tramm as the present status quo of things are just leading people away.

-G-

J

Jesusislord

I've learned to enjoy UO for the PvM in Trammel-ruleset facets.

Back in the day, when the speedhack was first becoming popular, the people who used it stuck out like a sore thumb, and they do to this day. When you've played the game since it's beginning, and have pvped from the beginning, you know when something is wrong... and something is wrong.

Speedhack was never popular as it is today. And neither was scripting.. add those two together.. and there's just no point on pvping.

Dungeons on most servers, in Felucca, and pvp in general, has been hijacked by the Cheaters plain and simple.

PvP has turned into something I won't bother getting into.. even though it used to be my passion. Spellcasters jumping across the screen while casting their spells isn't fun.

But hey.. they can die. And when they do they drop enough potions to fill a potion keg almost 1/4 for each potion. So just get em guard whacked and take their potions, and their enchanted apples, and their orange petals, then go fight some rune beetles or something.