• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Good samurai weapons...

G

Anyone have any idea on where to get these? I've heard doing the strongbox quests, but all I get is junk on those... And I haven't got anything good in probably 30+ Dread solo runs either. Do I just have terrible luck or what?

Specifically looking for an ornate axe or rune blades with 30 ssi, 40 mana leech and 30 stam leech and hld, but so far haven't even found one with only 40+ mana leech and 25 ssi.

I

imported_GFY

The best weapons take alot of time to find or craft. Many players burn 10's to 100's of runics looking for the perfect weapon. Some do hundreds of peerless looking for the same. Still others pay other players millions of gold for them.

IMHO the best way to find the "perfect" weapon is a bit of both. Build a crafter, do bods to get kits and make some yourself. At the same time play the game and you may get a great drop. Just don't get burnt out doing one all the time.

I

imported_Jimmy Pop

It's all a matter of perspective.

I used a dull copper runic hammer and got this:

Leaf blade
Hit Mana Leech 50%
Swing Speed Increase 30%
Hit Damage 40%

I'd consider it almost perfect.

If I had to absolutely say..... I'd want:

50 Hit Mana Leech
50 Hit Stamina Leech
50 Hit Life Leech
50 Hit Lower Attack
30 Swing Speed Increase
40 Damage Increase

The reason for HLA instead of HLD is I use M&S Glasses, so HLD is taken care of on them. HLA is overlooked by Fighters.

I

imported_Farsight

I've got to agree a lot on that HLA thing. I've actually killed Rend with an Arctic Death Dealer, whose only benifit is HLA. I haven't managed it with any other weapon.

C

Connor_Graham

I burned 150 runic hammers to get my ornate axe with ML, SL, 25 SSI & 40 DI. I've gone through another 100+ trying to make a radiant scimitar with the same mods with no luck so far. I've also done a few hundred strongbox quests, and run countless peerless. It just takes time, patience, and a lot of luck.