• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Good place to raise wrestling past 120

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
I have a frost dragon with 129.9 cap for wrestling currently at 119.6 where can I train him to get the remainder of the wrestling skill?

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Save yourself a lot of time and get discord/musician on your tamer/trainer.
Discord your pet down to 80-90 and raise off shadow elementals that can be trained on without it dying to your pet.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Discord your pet down to 80-90 and raise off shadow elementals that can be trained on without it dying to your pet.
Where is a good place to find them

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Where is a good place to find them
Yamotso mine or whatever it's called. Spawns 2-3 naturally inside cave.
Lure it to entrance of cave and train on it, or find a quiet spot where the priests and warriors dont go.

Alternatively.
Grab a gargoyle's pickaxe.
A sturdy shovel/pickaxe and a prospector's tool. Go to a quiet area with mountains or where you can mine.

1. Dig with sturdy once (if dull copper hop to step 3).
2. Dig with gargoyle's . If it's dull copper, use prospector's to upgrade vein to this and then.
3. Dig with gargoyle's if the vein is dull copper, the garg pickaxe will upgrade it to shadow and you have a chance of spawning a shadow elemental. Mine until vein runs out or a shadow spawns.
Rince and repeat.

Once you have a shadow elemental, you can train on it.
It has a big spawn range of wres/tac. If its wres/tac is too high, discord the ellie.
If it's too low, then discord your pet. They'll sync up eventually and you can keep both discorded.

If the ellie is way too high, you can train your pet on ortanord until it hits 55's in wres/tac and you should be in range on discorded shadow then.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Step 2 to save you garg pickaxes "if you get iron on step one use prospectos tool to upgrade to dull"

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
I trained all my GDs/CUs on Swoop. Discorded Swoop to start and Vet pet as needed. When Pet can kill Swoop without discord then it is ready to go kill other stuff.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Step 2 to save you garg pickaxes "if you get iron on step one use prospectos tool to upgrade to dull"
Doesnt always give dull when the vein is if you are using a sturdy pickaxe sadly. Maybe it does if you're GM, but I was using a 98 mining dude.
I find that to get 100% assurance is to use pickaxe , prospector's are more annoying to get unless you run bods.

Garg pickaxes can be found on gargoyles quite a lot if you farm where there is an abundance of them. (or of course via BOD)

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For very high Wrest/Tact values, the spawn inside Covetous Dungeon can have up to 160 Wrest/Tact skill. 130s when Discorded. I'll occasionally kill the spawn down in the Prison level of Covetous to re-train my Triton's Wrest. Can get Legendary Artifacts and the occasional Covetous Artifact (non Ephemeral) from it with a Luck Suit. Just gotta be careful of mobs with AoE capability down there. The spawn takes forever for a pet to kill, since they have thousands of HP, 90s Resists, 120 Parry and up to 160 Wrest, all pre-Discord.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If your pet has high energy resist, Unbound Energy Vortex often have wrestling that exceeds 120.

Personally, I usually discord my pet and use the Shadow Elemental technique.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Could you discord a 120 wrest. down that far. I agree with the discording your pet but you need high end wrest. mobs to do this.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Could you discord a 120 wrest. down that far. I agree with the discording your pet but you need high end wrest. mobs to do this.
Yeah you can.
Your 120 wrestling pet will be discorded down to 86.4 at 120 disco.

Your general shadow Ellie will spawn 60-90 or something, so usually you'll be in luck.
If your pet is a discord pet,it's gonna be a bit trickier but it's possible still.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Acid slugs will take a pet to 120, possibky more.disco your pet from a ledge and your both safe