• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Good morning guinea pigs.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At the request of the talented Sahra Swift, news manager extraordinaire, Catskills has been picked as one of the forums to give a test run to new thread prefixes. When you post a new thread next to your title you will see a little drop down menu for prefixes (they are not mandatory). These are to make it easier to decipher the purpose of a thread. The prefixes are:

(OT) <--- Off Topic
(Player Event) <--- Player run event info (Not EM events)
(Player News) <--- Player news (Not to be confused with news from our reporters)
(Question) <--- Pretty obvious (*hint* its for asking questions)
(RP) <--- Roleplaying

By using the filter at the bottom of the forum on the left side of the screen you can filter to view only a specific set of tags. So if you want to only view the (RP) posts, pick RP from the drop down menu and other posts will be hidden leaving only the RP ones listed. Please try them out, feel free to leave feedback and/or questions (if you have any) in this thread.

(And yes, I know this isn't really player news per-say, but I wanted to use one of the new prefixes. So there. :mf_prop: )

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure!

I think they may have forgot,
(DR) <--- Drama
(PA) <--- Petty Arguments

JK!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sometimes I think those might come in handy.

Additionally, I've went through the first 2 pages of threads and put tags on threads that I felt fit easily into a category. If anyone has a thread they would like tagged, PM me a link to it and the tag you think it should have and I'll edit it for you if it won't let you. I'm not sure if users can edit them or not.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can change prefixes when editing posts, so hopefully that means everybody can.
Click Edit, then click "Go Advanced", you should see the option next to the title of the post (if it is the post that started the thread, and it is your post).

J

Just Emma

I like this... it's a great tool, and the filter options make it so much easier to pull up just the info you're looking for.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
OMG I AM THE ONLY ONE ALLOWED TO TELL KELMO TO STOP FLIRTING WITH ME.
(notice all caps for emphisis)

NOW SOMEONE ANSWER MY QUESTION!!
(notice more all caps for attention)

B

Beleg Megil

Also add to the menu:

(BS) for any info posted by Black Sun?

Kidding. Thanks Gildar for the idea and Black Sun for implementing. Unless Black Sun just told us, and kelmo was the implementer. Then thank YOU kelmo for implementing, and thank YOU Black Sun for letting us know. Or something...

I forgot what I was talking about.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Don't look at me!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually Sahra came up with the idea and Petra implemented it. I'm just a messenger in this case. But I do like having my own (BS) tag. Might cut down on people wasting too much of their time on my nonsense posts. :D

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
OMG I AM THE ONLY ONE ALLOWED TO TELL KELMO TO STOP FLIRTING WITH ME.
(notice all caps for emphisis)

NOW SOMEONE ANSWER MY QUESTION!!
(notice more all caps for attention)
:smooch

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually Sahra came up with the idea and Petra implemented it. I'm just a messenger in this case. But I do like having my own (BS) tag. Might cut down on people wasting too much of their time on my nonsense posts. :D
As giggles would say thats Hawt:flame:

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it comes from Beleg the prefix BM must be used. *grins*

I am AD and I approve of this message.

V

Vlaude2

i have an off-topic question about player news related roleplaying at a player event

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The story behind the prefixes:
1. Somebody decided to add prefixes to the Enhanced Client forum
2. Those prefixes helped discussion on said forum
3. Pandora came up with the idea of having a separate sub-forum for RPers on Stratics
4. I decided to investigate what interest there would be in such a sub-forum
5. Everybody disagreed about the sub-forum
6. I got the idea of using prefixes within the normal forum
7. I suggested the idea to other staffers, and we discussed it
8. Staff discussion resulted in us being guinea pigs, as well as a few tweaks to the White Stag (shard prefixes and description change), Stygian Abyss (description change), and Enhanced Client (description change) forums (all tweaks implemented by Petra).
9. Black Sun logged in before I did after Petra added the prefixes, and took credit by telling you all about it before I could ;)

B

Beleg Megil

So that breaks down to the following percentages in the Thanks Chart:

Mysterious "Somebody" from point 1. : 11.1% of my thanks.

Pandora: also 11.1% of my thanks

Gildar: 33.3% of my thanks for points 4., 6., and 7.

All Staff : 11.2% of my thanks, rounded up for point 8. This 11.2% is to be shared and not applied to individual Thanks Tally.

All Users who participated in the non-agreement on point 5. : 11% of my thanks, rounded down for only helping by accident and to account for the rounding up of All Staff's thanks.

All Users who participated in the discussion mentioned in point 2.) 11.1% of my thanks

Petra: 11.1% of my thanks for implementation.

Black Sun: 0.1% of my thanks for announcing. (Though he gets to share in the 11.2% of my thanks to All Staff, But remember, not to apply to individual Thanks Tally).

I will entertain requests for a pie chart.

Disclaimer: All math is arbitrary and if in mirror, may be closer than it appears.

Also: I agree with Aedon, but I forgot why or what for.

P.S., i need a nap.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
9. Black Sun logged in before I did after Petra added the prefixes, and took credit by telling you all about it before I could ;)
I get up early in the morning :D
So that breaks down to the following percentages in the Thanks Chart:

Mysterious "Somebody" from point 1. : 11.1% of my thanks.

Pandora: also 11.1% of my thanks

Gildar: 33.3% of my thanks for points 4., 6., and 7.

All Staff : 11.2% of my thanks, rounded up for point 8. This 11.2% is to be shared and not applied to individual Thanks Tally.

All Users who participated in the non-agreement on point 5. : 11% of my thanks, rounded down for only helping by accident and to account for the rounding up of All Staff's thanks.

All Users who participated in the discussion mentioned in point 2.) 11.1% of my thanks

Petra: 11.1% of my thanks for implementation.

Black Sun: 0.1% of my thanks for announcing. (Though he gets to share in the 11.2% of my thanks to All Staff, But remember, not to apply to individual Thanks Tally).

I will entertain requests for a pie chart.

Disclaimer: All math is arbitrary and if in mirror, may be closer than it appears.

Also: I agree with Aedon, but I forgot why or what for.

P.S., i need a nap.
Math is hard. :confused: