• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Good dexxer/tamer template

• Thread starter MonkeyBusiness
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

MonkeyBusiness

Does anyone have a good dexxer/tamer template for PvP (including recommended items)? I am thinking of getting into some PvP action and this template seems to look like an effective one. Of course, doggie dexxer seems appealing too. Thanks for the advice!

A

AZ-

Archer Dread Mare/Cu dexxer:

120 arch
90 tact
105 tame
110 lore (110/115 w/ tame talisman)
85 anat
90 heal
120 resist

Stats: 90 str (110 w/ totem), 110 dex (150 w/ pots and crimson), 55 int (wear mana inc armor)

I'd wear a Spirit of Totem, Taming Talisman, Fey Legs, Rune Beetle's, and some HCI/EP jewelry (at least 40 HCI and I'd recommend 40+ EP). Get a fast (>30 SSI) Heavy X with HLD and Balanced as well as a fast balanced regular Bow (for para shot). A fast hit spell composite with HLD doesn't hurt either for moving shot once they're dismounted.

Run around, hop off mount and dismount, then hit them with para and mortal and running shot when they start running. This is very effective with either a Dread Mare or the Cu Sidhes. Dread mares, when trained, can fireball for 40+ as well as meleeing for in the 30s. Cu's have their bleed attack as well as their high damage output.

Bushido Cu/Dread Mare Dexxer:

120 swords
90 tact
90 heal
85 anat
105 tame
110 lore
120 bushido

Stats: 90 str, 90 dex, 75 int

Wears similar gear to the other template. Weapon arsenal must include a No-dachi, harvester, and some kind of AI or Concussion weapon (alot of people opt for Hatchets for the disarm/AI).

You run around on mount with Riding Swipe toggled and hit someone (when mounted this special paralyzes your target) you then UOA dismount and hit them with another riding swipe to dismount and sic your pet on the target. Then switch to the harvester for mortals/para blow or the AI wep and AI spam them down.

This temp requires a decent amount of mana as well as a trapped box, since you have no resist.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also, it must be noted, that these are two of the gimpest templates in use atm...

But yes, very effective if you get the timing down.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh boy, another trammy sitting in the GZ waiting to dismount someone and sick their pet on them.

If you really want to master pvp you'll need to learn how to say things like;

WTF OWND NOOB
ROXXOR U NEWB
TRAM ----->

That way when your pet kills someone you can call yourself a real pvper.

Learn to play a mage or something else for god's sake.

R

Revenant2

Oh boy, another trammy sitting in the GZ waiting to dismount someone and sick their pet on them.

If you really want to master pvp you'll need to learn how to say things like;

WTF OWND NOOB
ROXXOR U NEWB
TRAM ----->

hahahaha thats funny!

I wanted to make a quick comment - - - not all people who are pvping on a tamer are doing it out of being lame. I PVP on a blue tamer and for me its really, specifically, PVP done on that particular char, my tamer. It's no different from my petless reds in it's goals, it's just PVP with the tools provided to that template.

My main tamer has 115 eval and his sneaky kill is where he comes out of nowhere, standing there with no mount, and starts casting spells with damage delay on someone (like explode-flamestrike). As the other guy is typing "LOL" because it looks completely newb, the bola hits and the formerly-invisible superdragon pops out and then the spells all go off, and if my tamer's lucky, he gets the justice gain he wanted (heh).

It works about one out of 3 times. I might take his eval to 120, we'll see.

Point being, it's possible to be at Yew gate on a tamer without being a putz who like, puts his dragon on fresh-rez reds or interjects pets into people's duels.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use the following template for one of my faction characters, but only because I'm constantly ganked.

115 swords
90 tact
80 med
85 taming (102 with 1/2 +12 taming ring and +5 talisman)
105 lore (110 with talisman)
80 Vet
100 resist
60 chiv

I use 100 RPD with a total of 37 stam inc and 10 MR. Use the Orny and Spirit of the totem. 4/6 chiv is the healing method. I use a UBWS fc 1, 30 ssi, 50 HLD mace. Usually get a disarm off or just an HLD hit. I then switch to a Bardiche. Para hit, UOA dismount, toggle dismount hit, all kill. Works great against archers who get a hit on me before I hit them with the para.

I've used 2 different pets with this.. I've used a normal Hiryu and a Cu Sidhe. I'm not sure which I like better. Hiryu can hit really hard (close to 60 dmg to someone in a 70 suit when fully trained), lower physical attack, and dismount. A Cu hits with bleed and heals you, but doesn't hit quite as hard. It's a toss up. They both work well.