• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Good Day Catskills - 2009-01-14

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*slips in to the tavern, running very late*

Ahh, it seems things have not gotten started yet. Well, first things first.

*moves over to the fire and loads it up good with logs and kindlin. "Kal Vas Flam" the fire is ablaze and the warmth can be felt immediately. There we go, I knew that spell was good for something.

*moves back to the counter and starts the water and tea*

Goodness...it is already lunch time.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*slips in the back door and hangs his spring cloak on the peg board*
Wow, it's actually pretty nice out there today. I wonder how long this will last?

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't believe it is actually above freezing for once. I was actually able to wear my light (and more attractive) coat today. I think we are supposed to stay right around 33-35 for a high all the way through the weekend. I really enjoy heat waves like this.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a sad state when you're calling 35 a heatwave. I actually planned ahead today. I wore my wool coat despite the nice sun when I left the house. I won't be out of work until after dark and I know as soon as that sun goes down the temp will quickly follow.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good planning actually. It is indeed sad when we have to put an entire extra set of winter gear in our vehicles. And if we have children and spouses it is almost like a closet sometimes.

W

woody_cats

hiring an assassin. told hubby did not know if wanted to watch football games with the gang at the local sports bar this weekend as wanted to watch figure skating US championship. I am a total Olympic geek. I usually take the whole 2 weeks off and sleep only when no coverage on . He by the way is almost not quit as bad so we both enjoy. He just called and said that everything is set. we can watch the figure skateing on universal sat and sunday and also the football games so we should not miss much i will have 10 houseguest for weekend. he even has it planned to who is sleep at our house and jims who is 2 doors down please tell me justified in screaming.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Woh...woody...what are you doing here? It sounds like you have an insane schedule to plan for....

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm honestly surprised. With a name like woody I thought you were a guy.
Specifically a small wooden cowboy with Tom Hanks' voice.

W

woody_cats

nah try little old lady in rocking chair who started out as a lumberjack 12 yrs ago and though woody was a great name now most of my other char are female but if they are a melee fighter male .

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And using a gender neutral or even a name closer to the male spectrum is a good idea to discourage being hit on "just because you are a girl"

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its funny how a name gives you a mental image of the person. Even if it is way off.

Here's what I picture for Podolak:

Sorry buddy, I couldn't resist.