• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Good and bad news about the europa garg abyss plot

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all, like you can read above, there are bad and good news.

Ill start with the good ones. Ill make it public with a nice deco on first floor with an ank to use for res, an arcane circle, with 2 o 3 vendors with first aid items and more things ( help me with more ideas hehe ). So the whole community can benefit of it.

The bad news is that theres a rule about the recall and teleport tiles, only can be used by owner, co-ownwer and friend list, so i cant make a public teleport to the house. This was told by Mesanna herself, so not much i can do about it sorry.

Well, at least can be used for first aid restock and res point, theres no prob with that.

It will take me about 1 moth to do it cause im with finals exams right now , so if i have time ill do it soon, if not have to wait 1 moth ^^U

Last thing, i have some ideas for the deco, but if i have prob ill ask for some help :p

See you all at the game. Cyaa

S

Seasseragh

How about a crystal ball ?
(whatever it´s actually called, the one that takes you to a bank :) )

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bad news is that theres a rule about the recall and teleport tiles, only can be used by owner, co-ownwer and friend list, so i cant make a public teleport to the house. This was told by Mesanna herself, so not much i can do about it sorry.
Can you provide a link to where she said this? Because according to Mark normal recall and teleport tile rules will apply.

"1 more question, will the owner/friends be able to recall to the house? What about using linked telporters?"

Anyone who can mark runes in a normal house can mark runes in the Abyss house.
Linked teleporters will work.
Sounds to me like anyone who can normally mark a rune in the house should be able to do so. Meaning anyone can mark in a public house, so they should also be able to use them.

Unless there's some new info that I couldn't find.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well this is hugely disapointing :( But, I guess it would make UO just that little bit easier..

Thank you for atleast doing what you can with the Ankh etc

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Black sun, i read the post you say, but mesanna herself said that rule when she trae me the house.

Im dissapointed cause i already bought the teleport tiles ^^U

Yeah they will aply, but only for friend list, owner and co, like i said.

For now it isnt be able to mark runes , cause she told me they were solving a prob, and i think it could be that you mean that everone could mark a rune, but have to w8 a week to see what happens.

A

aceheart1976

oh now that really sucks, was looking forward to having a recal spot into the abyss.....

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to a few folks in UHall although recall runes don't work the house teleporters will if you set them to anyone.

K

Kiminality

Well, that's just crap.

Ok, I know there's supposed to be a song and dance about getting into the abyss...
But to tell someone they can't do something to help the community, when that something is well within the mechanics defined in the game... Yet another in a long line of arbitrary exceptions.

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, ill send a email to mesanna asking again about it. If she say now theres no prob, doubt will change her mind :( , i promise ill put one.

K

Kiminality

Whatever happens, respect to you for wanting to do something for the community.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, ill send a email to mesanna asking again about it. If she say now theres no prob, doubt will change her mind :( , i promise ill put one.
Well people on other shards have loads, I recon you would be safe in puting one out with anyone access, Its maybe you misunderstood her? Seems pritty unfair some shards get it and others don't.

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
umm mapper, which shards have it linked for anyone? just to check it before i talk to mesanna, dont like to use unconfirmed info ^^U.

The problem isnt linking them, the prob is to make the teleport service public for everyone.

Umm im trying to find the post that black sun talked about, can you help me with a link please?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Umm im trying to find the post that black sun talked about, can you help me with a link please?
I assume you're talking about the one I quoted Mark from? If so it's http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=1674947#post1674947

If that wasn't it, let me know which one you were referring to, I'll see if I can find it.

(FYI for those who didn't know, Anytime you see a little blue box with a ">" in it at the end of a person's name in a quote, clicking that box will take you to the thread it was quoted from.)