• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Goo vs. Aura of Energy and AOE questions

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I read somewhere that aura of energy covers a smaller area than goo, but anyone know if there's a damage difference or how much damage they do? I've had some people tell me they love goo and others say they were not very impressed. Anyone have experience with aura of energy?

I'm thinking about making my pp White Wyrm AoE with mysticism, goo or aura, and one other move, maybe fww or AI? Any suggestions?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm thinking about making my pp White Wyrm AoE with mysticism, goo or aura, and one other move, maybe fww or AI? Any suggestions?
If you only have one prepatch white wyrm, I would probably not use aoe/mysticism. Again their strength is their overcapped strength attribute and doing half cold damage. Mysticism does not synergize with the overcapped str.

I would train up a cold drake with mysticsm/goo/fww if i had to have a mysticism dragonkin

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Thanks for the advice! What would you put on the WW then? AI/CHIV? The only reason I didn't want to do that is because I'll have AI/CHIV on my prepatch Nightmare and probably on a CU also. I have a prepatch 3 slot dragon as well that I might get to do something with in the future if they enable training. Maybe I'll try AoE on my other unicorn.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also any area damage will cause the pet to wonder around and re target things it hits. So, if you do have a pet that can do higher melee damage than other pets, you should stick with that and not use an area.

Like K said, put other magics and abilities on pets that are disposable first.

Lesser Hiryus are good test pets for a magic and one ability.

He also loves when people speak for him I will say he would advise Chivalry.

He actually said that here:

Chivalry is really the only magical ability that truly takes advantage of the pp wyrms over capped strength. Other builds can be fun pets, but they won't carry the same punch.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Just a follow up; I put chiv/ai on the WW. He does very well.

Also I trained up another unicorn and put aura of energy/ai/mysticism on her. I only wish I had gotten her GM magic resist before taking those skills because now I can't get spellbinders on her without her killing them. Maybe I can use provocation and get them on her that way? Otherwise I'll just have to wait for it to raise in regular battle.

Also I tamed a lesser hiryu yesterday, actually I tamed 5 or so of them and kept the one with the best stats, has around 300 HP/STR, I only wish it had a rare color. Anyways, I'm thinking of using Ninjitsu, it sounds pretty fun. Anyone here tried it? Which spells does the pet use?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Say all kill all stop really fast to make the pet not kill them.

Ninja gives them 100 hiding right away. They go stealth and do all the stealth ninja moves and sound like Bruce Lee.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Say all kill all stop really fast to make the pet not kill them.
I tried that, even setup a macro, and even then with the spellbinder about as far away as possible uni still killed them. I think its the aura but could be wrong. Tried multiple times.

Ninja sound like A LOT of fun, but how's the damage?
Also is there any reason to train a regular hiryu over a lesser hiryu that you can think of?