• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gone until Lag is Gone.

D

donnallg

I have dealt with the lag as long as I can. I was hoping it would have been fixed by now.

I will not pay for a game with so much lag in it. I pay for 3 accounts for myself and family members and I refuse to pay another cent until the lag is gone.

I have played for ever 3 years and even in the lag days it wasn't as bad as it is now. I never had problems working and dying due to lag before.

I hope this issue is resolved soon. I am going to hate to lose all that I've accomplished in the 3+ years I've played.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I haven't had any consistent lagging.

Even on my old dinosaur, I'm not lagging.

Is it possible that some of the lag problems could be caused by something running in the background on your computers such as virus protection, pop up blockers or even a good case of spyware hanging out on your computers.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

Is it possible that some of the lag problems could be caused by something running in the background on your computers such as virus protection, pop up blockers or even a good case of spyware hanging out on your computers.

[/ QUOTE ]

None of that is lagging me. I play another game that is known for lots of lag and only lag I get there is when internet connection is acting up.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

None of that is lagging me. I play another game that is known for lots of lag and only lag I get there is when internet connection is acting up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what to tell you then.

I know my old computer can handle dropping 2 sims into the game comfortably without any lag. That computer is nearly 7 years old with very senior hardware and drivers that haven't been updated in 3 years. I am very humble and will not speak of my new computer. I have found that Vista is very very picky. One tiny piece of 'low priority' piece of adware can grind it to a halt.

But as for the lag, I don't really understand why some people can run TSO without a problem and others can't unless it's because of the largely varying type of software/hardware/connections being used to play TSO?

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

I don't know what to tell you then.

I know my old computer can handle dropping 2 sims into the game comfortably without any lag. That computer is nearly 7 years old with very senior hardware and drivers that haven't been updated in 3 years. I am very humble and will not speak of my new computer. I have found that Vista is very very picky. One tiny piece of 'low priority' piece of adware can grind it to a halt.

But as for the lag, I don't really understand why some people can run TSO without a problem and others can't unless it's because of the largely varying type of software/hardware/connections being used to play TSO?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have XP. So I have no clue.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
It's all of those things plus a few more - and it's different combinations for different set-ups. That's why lag is so hard to pin down. The best you can do is make sure your own stuff is up to date and working properly and hope the other guy's is too.

One thing that most people don't even think about is the "physical" connection.
Make sure all cable connections to your comp are clean and tight. This includes the feed from the cable company (if ya got) that comes into your house.
Don't forget the router (if you use one). Those things are notorious for causing problems with connectivity. (E23 is a favorite).

DO NOT leave your computer turned on 24 hours - shut it down occassionally. Sometimes things get glitched and a cold re-start is the only way to fix it.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I have performed all maintenance to reduce lag. Spybot, disk cleanup, defrag. I have a new vid card that meets new specs. Highspeed internet with up to date drivers on router.

However, the lag is bad. The delayed seconds in loading can be a matter of life and death in the robot factories. There are lag spikes everywhere. Similar to those we have always gotten when sims enter or leave properties. However, now they can occur at any time.

I hope this is addressed soon because the addition of more objects, more players and more custom content will only increase lag issues.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

I have performed all maintenance to reduce lag. Spybot, disk cleanup, defrag. I have a new vid card that meets new specs. Highspeed internet with up to date drivers on router.

However, the lag is bad. The delayed seconds in loading can be a matter of life and death in the robot factories. There are lag spikes everywhere. Similar to those we have always gotten when sims enter or leave properties. However, now they can occur at any time.

I hope this is addressed soon because the addition of more objects, more players and more custom content will only increase lag issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. That is what I was talking about. And because of this I choose not to pay for TSO aka EALand until it's resolved.

M

MandiK

<blockquote><hr>

I have dealt with the lag as long as I can. I was hoping it would have been fixed by now.

I will not pay for a game with so much lag in it. I pay for 3 accounts for myself and family members and I refuse to pay another cent until the lag is gone.

I have played for ever 3 years and even in the lag days it wasn't as bad as it is now. I never had problems working and dying due to lag before.

I hope this issue is resolved soon. I am going to hate to lose all that I've accomplished in the 3+ years I've played.

[/ QUOTE ]

See ya later. Probably not, though.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

Hopefully they will in fact fix this issue soon, but until then, best wishes. This is most definitely an issue. I have a top of the line computer, cable high speed internet, don't run any programs in my background, and still have lag. I also play Second Life, LOTRO, etc, and experience no lag whatsoever on those games. It wasn't until they implemented custom content that I lagged. Now, with the merge, etc, the lag has skyrocketed. I'm not going to quit, but it's definitely something that needs to be addressed, like Gracie said.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

Hopefully they will in fact fix this issue soon, but until then, best wishes. This is most definitely an issue. I have a top of the line computer, cable high speed internet, don't run any programs in my background, and still have lag. I also play Second Life, LOTRO, etc, and experience no lag whatsoever on those games. It wasn't until they implemented custom content that I lagged. Now, with the merge, etc, the lag has skyrocketed. I'm not going to quit, but it's definitely something that needs to be addressed, like Gracie said.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to quit but I'm so fed up with the lag right now that I don't want to pay for it.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to quit but I'm so fed up with the lag right now that I don't want to pay for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggest playing in the production cities untill the lag problem can be resolved.

Quitting now because of lag in a TEST CENTER is like hunting rabbits with an Abrams Tank. OVERKILL! But do what you feel is right for you, I just think it's plain silly to quit over TEST CENTER bugs.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

I suggest playing in the production cities untill the lag problem can be resolved.

Quitting now because of lag in a TEST CENTER is like hunting rabbits with an Abrams Tank. OVERKILL! But do what you feel is right for you, I just think it's plain silly to quit over TEST CENTER bugs.

[/ QUOTE ]

True I shouldn't quit cause of this but everyone is in TC3 making the production cities boring. And I just get so aggravated with the lag.

I

imported_LFancey

A few words on Lag...

-we know there is lag
-we are working on it but it will not be fixed overnight.

I would like a little information please.

Dutch... Are you only playing in TC3? If you don't are you keeping multiple patched folders?

Gracie and donallg... Same questions.

As pointed out manythings can cause "lag" some of this may be the server sending object selectors to your clients.

Here is what will help with some issues caused by lag.
-when landing on a property and you it seems you are hung. "WAIT" when you are presented with a cancel or continue button try the cancel button. Then go your lot or a lot with few people. This should help and even help with lease errors.
-we just ran and optimization on the merged Database. This should help with lag.

Cheers,

Lee

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

A few words on Lag...

-we know there is lag

Dutch... Are you only playing in TC3? If you don't are you keeping multiple patched folders?

As pointed out manythings can cause "lag" some of this may be the server sending object selectors to your clients.

-when landing on a property and you it seems you are hung. "WAIT" when you are presented with a cancel or continue button try the cancel button. Then go your lot or a lot with few people. This should help and even help with lease errors.
-we just ran and optimization on the merged Database. This should help with lag.

Cheers,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I'm playing in TC3. Multiple patches folders? If you are meaning one folder in Main cities and one in TC3 now. I'm doing update back and forth when I go.

M

MandiK

Honestly, I dont expect the lag to ever be totally fixed. But I dont so much understand what causes 'lag'. I figure the type of computer &amp; factors EA cant control probably have a little to do with it. My computer isnt exactly new, but I figured maybe I might lag more sometimes just beucase my computer is 'older' and whatnot.

I just dont get why you wouldnt play at all until the lag is fixed? Are you going on strike? The game is still fun, still the same things to do. Just a little choppy. Shouldnt let that kill your fun for ya!

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I'm using the same icon at the moment. So I'm patching back and forth at the moment. I either have them all in TC3 or all in the production cities.

I've gotta clean up my folders and get them all updated. With all the updates, it's been hard to do.

I would point out that my TSO is still being kept on an external hard drive and not on my computer. But that doesn't seem to affect my game much.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

Honestly, I dont expect the lag to ever be totally fixed. But I dont so much understand what causes 'lag'. I figure the type of computer &amp; factors EA cant control probably have a little to do with it. My computer isnt exactly new, but I figured maybe I might lag more sometimes just beucase my computer is 'older' and whatnot.

I just dont get why you wouldnt play at all until the lag is fixed? Are you going on strike? The game is still fun, still the same things to do. Just a little choppy. Shouldnt let that kill your fun for ya!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well because you try to move you can't because you are lagged. You try to work and you die because you are lagged. You try to type a message and it appears or sends 12 seconds later. 12 seconds of lag is bad for a game. And if this were a fighting game, that would make it hard to fight a battle. You would be dead before you knew what was happening. Same with working.

G

I use two different TSO folders so I don't have to patch back and forth and can play in BF and TC3 at the same time. I have the same kind of lag that is mentioned here, freezing up, taking several seconds for a message to send, etc, but only in TC3. I've not noticed lag in BF at all. In TC3 it's intermittent and I can understand people not wanting to work factory like this, it's downright dangerous in there when you freeze up in the wrong spot. Oh in case you are wondering, just playing one sim in TC3, going through the tso.exe, I still have same lag as going through tsoclient.exe and running more than one account.

One thing that helps a little is running netstat, it keeps your internet connection going, but it doesn't fix it completely. Click start, run, type in netstat 23 and click ok, then just minimize it and let it run. Hope this helps some of you.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

A few words on Lag...

-we know there is lag

Cheers,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the time I only play one sim in one city at a time. So yes, I am playing only one sim in TC3 when I experience the lag and using tso.exe from patch folder. Occassionally I will login a second account in TC3 but rarely. I patch back and forth to old cities as needed and never run two versions of game at the same time.

Lag at the robot factories is very dangerous now. I am luckier than some as others have worse lag than I do.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

Yes, I also must point out that the lag is only pertaining to TC3 for me. I have no lag whatsoever in all the production cities, but when I patch over, I end up lagging. The entire speed things process is slower (Ie. scrolling down the top 100 lists, clicking on a house bio, entering a property, sending a message, zooming in and out).

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Question, are any of you still running folders with 'clothing' patches on them?
I do not have any 'additional' patches on my main folders at the moment.

The folders I am using at the moment are also downloads of the 'new' download.

W

wishywashygirl

I have no problems with lag other than when a sim is entering a property...then its only for a second and usually nothing worth complaining over.
My neice, however, has constant lag issues. We have the EXACT same computer, set up the exact same way, the only differance is out internet connections. We have the same speed connection, but through differant providers. She plays other games as well that are considered high lag games, and has no lag ever.
After calling her internet provider and discussing the issue, the were able to determine that her lag was their fault and they are "working on the issue".

Sooo... The lag can't be all the games fault, when some of us are able to play without... No one here can force you to play, or continue to pay for something that you are not happy with, but please do take into consideration that other factors are at play here, not just the updates and changes to the game.

BTW, we both play tc3 exclusivly

G

(OOPS started another thread - have been directed to here)

Hi all *waves*

I have asked around and everyone I have spoken to seems in agreement, the lag in TC3 seems far worse since the merge. No lag problems over in BF or AV.

I don't usually have any problems, unless at a body lot for some strange reason (if anyone knows why this is please feel free to tell me). However, since the merge it's painful to play in TC3 as its lagging for 5 secs then playing catch up for 3 secs then lagging again *sigh*

Some other threads on here have suggested that the lag is due to Custom Content - is this true? If it is, can we have the option to turn it off?

I for one aren't really interested in seeing pics of players, their families and pets staring back at me (escpecially now it's easier to get to their FB pages), so why should I have to wait for it to load!

Anyone with me on this?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I use two different TSO folders so I don't have to patch back and forth and can play in BF and TC3 at the same time. I have the same kind of lag that is mentioned here, freezing up, taking several seconds for a message to send, etc, but only in TC3. I've not noticed lag in BF at all. In TC3 it's intermittent and I can understand people not wanting to work factory like this, it's downright dangerous in there when you freeze up in the wrong spot. Oh in case you are wondering, just playing one sim in TC3, going through the tso.exe, I still have same lag as going through tsoclient.exe and running more than one account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooh - could you tell me what I have to do to set that up?

I'd like to play my main sim on my first account in AV and my main sim on my second account over on TC3

G

I am having lag issues as well, and they are not any worse on busy lots than on my own or all by myself in the factory.

I have only played in TC3...and now TC/TC3....on one account and TC (rarely)until the merge on the older account.

There was a little lag, once in a while until the merge, now it is fairly consistant: Delayed but steady response time for the majority of the time, then freeze/fast forward, all at once......that is the one that kills in the factory!

K

Keep It Real

I've found the laaaaaaaggggggggg to be worse today than I have ever seen. I sure hope to hell this is on the top of the FIX list. It's almost to the point of the game being unplayable now.

G

Robot factory was about unbearable for me earlier today, lag spikes of 5+ seconds. This needs to be fixed before anything else, NUMBER ONE PRIORITY.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Now are you saying 'lag' or 'momentary freezes'?

There's a big difference. I did start experiencing 'freeze ups' today. It's like the game 'stops responding' for a few seconds and then comes back.

I had that real bad today. However, I did not have it in MF. Just in TC3.

As for the factory and disco floors, in the past those have been infamous for lag problems. I always figured it was my old computer. I took my sims to the factory on my new one and there wasn't a lag. But there was a 'freeze up' like I stated earlier.

The disco floors have been infamous for causing lag just as the big fish tanks, lots of fireplaces and ceiling fans. However, I have not had the lag with more ram on this computer.

So there are 2 things going on I think. It's probably a combination of our computers and EA's servers.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

There's a big difference. I did start experiencing 'freeze ups' today. It's like the game 'stops responding' for a few seconds and then comes back.

[/ QUOTE ]

6 of one half a dozen of another, same thing.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No actually there are 2 different things. Lag is when the game doesn't seem to be running fast enough. You ever land on a lot and it seems to take forever. And as the lot comes up on your screen everything seems to be in fast forward? That's what I call lag. You still see everything going on but either too slow or too fast. Freezing up is when everything literally freezes and your sim pops up where you originally sent him. Freeze ups used to always lead me to error 32 but I haven't errored today.

I hate to say it, but in the past when I experienced these types of 'freezes' was when another player was performing a glitch. Not sure what the glitch is but there was one where you could sit one sim inside the body of another sim. I don't know how it's done but I have seen it.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No actually there are 2 different things. Lag is when the game doesn't seem to be running fast enough. You ever land on a lot and it seems to take forever. And as the lot comes up on your screen everything seems to be in fast forward? That's what I call lag. You still see everything going on but either too slow or too fast. Freezing up is when everything literally freezes and your sim pops up where you originally sent him. Freeze ups used to always lead me to error 32 but I haven't errored today.

I hate to say it, but in the past when I experienced these types of 'freezes' was when another player was performing a glitch. Not sure what the glitch is but there was one where you could sit one sim inside the body of another sim. I don't know how it's done but I have seen it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok then, I am having issues both from Laaaaag and freeze then. Same thing to me either way, makes game unplayable.

G

I experience both types too. I get the usual door-lag, when sims land. It doesn't bother me much. What is really annoying is the number of freeze-ups on properties with a lot of sims (25+) and also a lot of cc signs out. I haven't tried the robot factory, so don't know how I would do there.

Have to say some days have been far worse than others. Don't know if that's connected to cc being up or not, but definately the number of sims on property. Game gets sluggish and slow, and I freeze up quite often.

G

These are both caused by lag, just one is perhaps an underperforming data transfer, and a freeze would be a period of no data transfer at all.

C

calvinscreeksim

Is everyone that is getting lag running 1 instance of TSO? Or are they running 5+ accounts on 1 computer to get visitor bonus...all the while getting their rl business done for 18 hours in the day and coming back to update their skill status and noticing that lag Mc[censored] stopped by to ruin the party? Just curious is all

K

Keep It Real

Running a single instance of EA Land download and I get the lag/freeze. I have also noticed that no matter if I run it on different computers with different cpu's and amounts of ram it is the same lag/freeze.

C

calvinscreeksim

Oh...well then thats a bummer. Be like me, avoid the game completely till its up and running without burdens like that

G

Since you asked so nicely....

I am only running one instance.....I was alone in the factory, when I died there, I went to a busy lot (with lots of cc on a stick) to get revived.
Later, I was alone on my lot, watering plants and working money objects....the lag was the same where ever I was......

It is too consistant and universal to be the work of the Evil Lag-making Sims Underground.....and it pretty much dates from the merge for me.....

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

Since you asked so nicely....

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like to much sugar on my responses what can I say?

<blockquote><hr>

I am only running one instance.....I was alone in the factory, when I died there, I went to a busy lot (with lots of cc on a stick) to get revived.
Later, I was alone on my lot, watering plants and working money objects....the lag was the same where ever I was......

[/ QUOTE ]

Well this sounds to me like theres no ending anytime soon so why not pull out a good book (maybe one about computer paraphenalia to aid the Devs) and curl up by the warm fireplace and ride this storm out. Unless of course laggage and baggage is the "in thing" to do/put up with nowadays.

G

Ok, I totally understand the issue with the lag. Thankfully, I am not one of the many experiencing it. However if I was... I'd realize I was faced w/ three options.
1) to try to deal with it.
2) go to a production city, where the lag is said to not be an issue.
3) do something else.

It's obviously been reported. I'm sure it's being worked on... and I don't understand why in game I'm watching people have mental breakdowns over it.

M

mariotso

<blockquote><hr>

Ok, I totally understand the issue with the lag. Thankfully, I am not one of the many experiencing it. However if I was... I'd realize I was faced w/ three options.
3) do something else.

It's obviously been reported. I'm sure it's being worked on... and I don't understand why in game I'm watching people have mental breakdowns over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

perhaps because people would like to play the game they pay for?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

3) do something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

perhaps because people would like to play the game they pay for?

[/ QUOTE ]

TC3 is free.

G

<blockquote><hr>

i wish, i have a monthly bill that shows otherwise [/quote

You are paying for the game as a whole.

But lets go this way. Traditionally with any game, when you play on a Test Server You are warned that the server at times can be unstable, and also that any assets you have on that test server are at risk of being lost.

When one decides (that being the key word) to play test on a test server, they are also choosing to play with the bugs that come along with this. The lag is unfortunate and very annoying. But all of this is necessary, eventually the production cities will be merged and hopefully this type of situation will be avoided at that time, due to the fact that players OPTED to test it out

If the lag is too unbearable for some, I'm sure they can zip on over to a production city, where no lag is being reported (unless I'm incorrect)... and play the game that they are paying for.

G

mariotso, you can switch to a free account.

Here is something that Lee posted earlier in this thread that seems like everyone keeps over looking:
<blockquote><hr>

A few words on Lag...

-<u>we know there is lag</u>
-<u>we are working on it but it will not be fixed overnight.</u>

Cheers,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

I put somethings he said into <u>bold and underlined</u> them. So please everyone, keep what he said in mind. They are working on the problem. Also, the lag may not be just on their end. Where is Donavan when you need him to explain something technical in laymens terms.

M

mariotso

i'm glad they are working on it. it's been ten "overnights" for me.

and i'm glad people are complaining about it. lets me know i'm not the only one and maybe the more people they know about the quicker it will be moved to the front burner. don't forget how long they been working on the fourth year gift.

G

<blockquote><hr>

i'm glad they are working on it. it's been ten "overnights" for me.

and i'm glad people are complaining about it. lets me know i'm not the only one and maybe the more people they know about the quicker it will be moved to the front burner. don't forget how long they been working on the fourth year gift.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oy, Its sort of silly to base the current progress of the current team, on the previous progress of no team.

I hope where you work, they don't base your value as an employee on work that was done before you got there.

K

Keep It Real

Lets just hope that the squeeky wheel will get the oil before the other well lubed parts get anymore.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

3) do something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be rude but you have the choice here to read this and listen to our mental breakdowns or not.
We are here venting cause it's bothersome to us. Why read or reply if you are tired of hearing it?