• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Golem.....

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why doesn't my golem gain wrestling or tactics? Anat gains great! it has 85.4 wrestling and 84.5 tactics and its fighting something that has 100 tactics.

P

Pasquinade

I do not have an answer for you.
But I have one of my own...are Golems worth it anymore?
I remember visiting the acid elementals in Despise 3 with my two golems and having a fun time (got a Glorious Lord GM Tinker).
I have heard that the Devs seriously nerfed golems, though.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What makes the Golems also useless is the heal time for a Tink to Golem is skill timed. Should be like appling an aid to a pet and not the use skill wait time. The pet slots it takes up it shouldn't be owned by two giant serpents becuase you can't heal it fast enough.

P

Pasquinade

I left way back when the Devs' first golem nerf was implemented. The control slot issue was absurd. A golem took up 3 slots, same as a dragon, and yet a dragon would take out the golem. But, upon my recent return I heard that they had weakened the golems even more and that they were only useful to "practise" skills against.
And to think I GM'd Tinker again.

O

Old Man of UO

Why doesn't my golem gain wrestling or tactics? Anat gains great! it has 85.4 wrestling and 84.5 tactics and its fighting something that has 100 tactics.
Skill gain for pets are based on the skills for the target/opponent, EXCEPT for anatomy. Your pet will not gain skill if the opponent is greater than +/- 25 skill points different, but seems to be best at 20 or less. Anatomy doesn't seem to matter at all through.

If your Golem is at 50 skill and the target is 100 skill, your golem won't gain, except in anatomy.

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Skill gain for pets are based on the skills for the target/opponent, EXCEPT for anatomy. Your pet will not gain skill if the opponent is greater than +/- 25 skill points different, but seems to be best at 20 or less. Anatomy doesn't seem to matter at all through.

If your Golem is at 50 skill and the target is 100 skill, your golem won't gain, except in anatomy.
Yeah thats what I thought so why isn't it gaining? it has 84 and its attacking something with 100. Neither tactics nor wrestling will raise! Doesn't make sense!!!

C

Connor_Graham

It's probably confused since you're not standing in front of it beating on it endlessly with a 100% poison weapon.

Poor Golem.....:lick:

O

Old Man of UO

Yeah thats what I thought so why isn't it gaining? it has 84 and its attacking something with 100. Neither tactics nor wrestling will raise! Doesn't make sense!!!
Not sure about that then. Do you have high DCI on? What is it attacking? If the Golem can't hit it, then the Golem won't gain. If it is a mage, do you have a mage weapon on lowering skills? Though that doesn't seem right either.

Also, I would take your Golem out to whack on a few trolls and cyclops if it is bonded. And sooner or later someone will suggest you kill it and rez it... though a developer did once say there was nothing in the code that would be affected by death.

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no DCI. I am in a guild and it is attacking me. I am using a weapon I have 0 skill in so it hits every time. Seriously at a loss here. Why would other pets gain and a golem nothing?

C

Corrupted Goblin

Because your now too low for it to gain its wrestling off of... you need to search through the hunters guide and look for a monster to beat on that has between 70 and 100 weapon skill.

O

Old Man of UO

no DCI. I am in a guild and it is attacking me. I am using a weapon I have 0 skill in so it hits every time. Seriously at a loss here. Why would other pets gain and a golem nothing?
Ahh.... that's it I think... try putting a weapon on that you have a skill in. Essentially you are using zero weapon skill against the Golem's skill. That is why some use 100% poison weapon, which does the least amount of damage, but I think it has to be in your weapon skill category.