• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Golem Training Help

mazamotuck

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So new to UO again, been trying the golem training, not getting any gains PERIOD....what am I doing wrong? Using 100% poison bow, guarding me, whats goin on?

Thanks

mazamotuck

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Read your own thread, understand it, then you have the answer.

BTW, opening a new thread because noone has an answer, is a really, really good idea.
Read the threads, two different questions lol, get a fcking life dude haha

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Read the threads, two different questions lol, get a fcking life dude haha
First thread: golem training, 100% poison bow, no gains, 50 skill... help
Second thread: golem training, 100% poison bow, no gains, guarding... help

Wow, you were right. Two COMPLETELY different questions...

mazamotuck

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First thread: golem training, 100% poison bow, no gains, 50 skill... help
Second thread: golem training, 100% poison bow, no gains, guarding... help

Wow, you were right. Two COMPLETELY different questions...
Well was told to get to 70 and get gains, now that im there still no gains, different ****ing question dumbass lol

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You only got sort of a correct answer ,when you were told to get to 70, then train on a golem.

Here is the complete, correct answer: Your skills MUST be within 25 points of the Golems skills in order for you to gain. (example - Golem has 99.1 Wrestling and you have 70 Archery, that is a 29.1 point difference, you will never gain a point.)

A common misconception is that a golem made by a GM tinker will be a "gm made" golem = GM skills on the Golem. That is Wrong. Even a Golem made by a GM tinker has a large variance of skills.

What I usually do is make the Golem and have my Tamer Animal Lore it, then I name the golem whatever the wrestling is (like - EightyFour) If my GOlem had 84.0 Wrestle skill, I could train my weapon skill from 59 all the way to 109, but no more.

Hope that clears things up for ya.

Nyses

mazamotuck

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You only got sort of a correct answer ,when you were told to get to 70, then train on a golem.

Here is the complete, correct answer: Your skills MUST be within 25 points of the Golems skills in order for you to gain. (example - Golem has 99.1 Wrestling and you have 70 Archery, that is a 29.1 point difference, you will never gain a point.)

A common misconception is that a golem made by a GM tinker will be a "gm made" golem = GM skills on the Golem. That is Wrong. Even a Golem made by a GM tinker has a large variance of skills.

What I usually do is make the Golem and have my Tamer Animal Lore it, then I name the golem whatever the wrestling is (like - EightyFour) If my GOlem had 84.0 Wrestle skill, I could train my weapon skill from 59 all the way to 109, but no more.

Hope that clears things up for ya.

Nyses
thanks a lot!

i appreciate it