• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gold Elementals just gone?

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Clearly with the update to Blackthorns the Gold Elementals appear to no longer be there. Per chance have they been moved to another location or are they just gone for good? I've done a little Google-Fu but can't find anything. :(

Never realised how much I relied on them to fill BoDs for acquiring low level runic hammers etc. Now I am back to farming Shadow Elementals and using Elixirs of gold conversion. Whilst tedious it's certainly no where near as tedious as actually going out and mining!

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
People have complained for a long time about people afk scripting down there.
So now the spawn is gone.

you can get the ingots from merchant and pirate ships.
they are found in the crates and chests on the decks of the ships.
Also you can use a gargoyle pick axe at a copper vein to pull up an elemental there.

Also you can get ore from Ant Lions.
They are located in the Solen Hive.
If you have a tamer with a giant beetle, the beetle can carry the ore back for you to smelt.

Last edited:

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
People have complained for a long time about people afk scripting down there.
So now the spawn is gone.

you can get the ingots from merchant and pirate ships.
they are found in the crates and chests on the decks of the ships.
Also you can use a gargoyle pick axe at a copper vein to pull up an elemental there.

Also you can get ore from Ant Lions.
They are located in the Solen Hive.
If you have a tamer with a giant beetle, the beetle can carry the ore back for you to smelt.
Appreciate the reply but the problem with all those methods are they are very, very inconsistent in terms of what you get and none are time efficient.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually I find killing the "smugglers" (Merchant ships) you can consistently get loads of Valorite, Verite, and such in fair quantities ... you also get FAR more frostwood than you'll ever find in the woods... as well as bloodwood and higher leathers... wool, copper wire... and many other nice items.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Actually I find killing the "smugglers" (Merchant ships) you can consistently get loads of Valorite, Verite, and such in fair quantities ... you also get FAR more frostwood than you'll ever find in the woods... as well as bloodwood and higher leathers... wool, copper wire... and many other nice items.
That is completely fair to say and I appreciate that it is quicker to get resources that way these days, but all I ever need from BoDs is PoF or either Shadow or Copper Hammers and the easiest way to get them was filling Gold small BoDs.
Spending hours sailing around looking for merchant ships just does not cut it for me, it's time consuming and tedious.

In reality I'd be quicker just buying said Items from vendors but... and you can shoot me down if you wish.. 99.9% of those vendors that seem to have an endless supply of PoF/Ingots (insert other resources) etc are absolutely not doing it manually/legitimately and I for one am not happy lining their coffers.

I'll stick by my alternative method and farm Shadow and convert it to gold.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The gold eles in Blackthorns was the best way to get Crystalline Blackrock. I would take my thrower down there (with Mining) and kill them for the CR's and smelt the gold. Just because scripters do it doesn't mean that everyone that goes there is a scripter. I would spend maybe an hour or so, just enough time to get 10-20 of them. I also miss killing the Balrons for Fame and Honor and would kill the red mages until I got a drop. Took quite a few of my chars to Knight of Honor that way. Hope they return it soon.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The gold eles in Blackthorns was the best way to get Crystalline Blackrock. I would take my thrower down there (with Mining) and kill them for the CR's and smelt the gold. Just because scripters do it doesn't mean that everyone that goes there is a scripter. I would spend maybe an hour or so, just enough time to get 10-20 of them. I also miss killing the Balrons for Fame and Honor and would kill the red mages until I got a drop. Took quite a few of my chars to Knight of Honor that way. Hope they return it soon.
Totally with ya, you could spend like 30-40 mins there and come away with maybe 5k+ Gold ingots, waaaaay more efficient than any other method.
The irony is, they have taken them away to deter scripters but the ball is firmly back in the scripters court because they run mining scripts 24/7. Those gold elementals essentially stopped me from buying from scripters, now I'm almost back to square one!

Such is life I guess! o.0

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not to mention that, if the elementals are gone for good, that means that's another smith BOD reward made useless.

I'd go claim a couple of the gold smelting talismans, then spend 60-90 minutes down there, using both talismans completely up with my smith/macer.

The Agapite/Verite/Valorite talismans were already near-useless from the cost vs. amount one could gather, so to actually make one of those worth having as a non-scripter you had to either hold all your higher ore in a pack animal, and collect it at home until you reached the amount the talisman affects (then claim the talisman and smelt), or have a house full of ore carts and collect for several weeks to do the same.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just bullsh@# they would just remove content because they can't patrol their own damn game. I know it seems like a small thing but it just keeps happening. All their decisions come from either wanting to placate a select few or to (in their foolish and idiotic way) combat scripters. Why do I call it idiotic? Because everything they do make it harder for the non scripters to get. It doesn't hurt the scripters, they just add more lines to their script. They literally drive up the prices of the goods that only the damn scripters can spend the time to get. I actually think after 19 years I have finally had enough. :(

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
The gold elementals shall be put back to there after this event.
Kyronix said on TC, that they are going to have a discussion about what to do with that area after this event is over.
I doubt that they would put back everything they took away.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Kyronix said on TC, that they are going to have a discussion about what to do with that area after this event is over.
I doubt that they would put back everything they took away.
Best solution is just have the trash mobs in Blackthorn, NOT drop Blackthorn Artis. In my opinion, no 'sane' person would specifically farm trash mobs for Artis, most players will just go do the Captains, far quicker to accumulate Artis with 1-3 per kill. Killing random trash for a small chance to get 1 arti every hour really is a scripters game.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That is completely fair to say and I appreciate that it is quicker to get resources that way these days, but all I ever need from BoDs is PoF or either Shadow or Copper Hammers and the easiest way to get them was filling Gold small BoDs.
Spending hours sailing around looking for merchant ships just does not cut it for me, it's time consuming and tedious.

In reality I'd be quicker just buying said Items from vendors but... and you can shoot me down if you wish.. 99.9% of those vendors that seem to have an endless supply of PoF/Ingots (insert other resources) etc are absolutely not doing it manually/legitimately and I for one am not happy lining their coffers.

I'll stick by my alternative method and farm Shadow and convert it to gold.
While I don't disagree with you all I can say is you have as far as I know 1 person to thank for the Gold Elementals removal... I won't name him in public but if you want to PM me I'll tell you who it was who was running MULTIPLE semi-AFK scripts on MULTIPLE shards all day every day farming drops in the hell hound room... most know who it is. That is the person to thank for taking it away from everyone else... I used to go down and train up some pets on the Balron down there... I also used to go down there and try to steal the stealables... which I can't do anymore either... so I feel it.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best solution is just have the trash mobs in Blackthorn, NOT drop Blackthorn Artis. In my opinion, no 'sane' person would specifically farm trash mobs for Artis, most players will just go do the Captains, far quicker to accumulate Artis with 1-3 per kill. Killing random trash for a small chance to get 1 arti every hour really is a scripters game.
That’s right !

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
the only time I ever did the lighthouse, was as a guild event.
I liked doing the mage area, when I wasn't busy doing other things.

however, that is a great suggestion...

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While I don't disagree with you all I can say is you have as far as I know 1 person to thank for the Gold Elementals removal... I won't name him in public but if you want to PM me I'll tell you who it was who was running MULTIPLE semi-AFK scripts on MULTIPLE shards all day every day farming drops in the hell hound room... most know who it is. That is the person to thank for taking it away from everyone else... I used to go down and train up some pets on the Balron down there... I also used to go down there and try to steal the stealables... which I can't do anymore either... so I feel it.
Was he banned though? :lol: j/k, I know the answer already.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
some people have thousands of blackthorn arty points from years of scripting. it wasn't just the scripting of blackthorn drops, people have gotten millions of spring turn in points from scripting the gold elementals. even with all the complaints, look how long it took to stop what was going on. amazing

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
some people have thousands of blackthorn arty points from years of scripting. it wasn't just the scripting of blackthorn drops, people have gotten millions of spring turn in points from scripting the gold elementals. even with all the complaints, look how long it took to stop what was going on. amazing
I think a good chunk of the point being made here is that removing valid content because of scripters isn’t really a good solution. An opportunity for lower level players to be able to slowly collect blackthorn artis was a good thing. A reliable way to collect larger quantities of an upper level ore was also a good thing. Removing the content completely because they can’t (won’t) police those who are abusing it is poor leadership/development. Should something have been done long ago to blunt the abuse, absolutely... however this is a poor solution IMO.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Personally, I love what happened here. Y'all whined and complained about someone else doing something that doesn't affect you at all. Then they fixed it with a solution that affects everyone. Good job. What's next?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The solution hurt everyone but you can pretty much blame ONE person... who everyone knew was down there on MULTIPLE shards every day...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Personally, I love what happened here. Y'all whined and complained about someone else doing something that doesn't affect you at all. Then they fixed it with a solution that affects everyone. Good job. What's next?
It did affect anyone and everyone trying to do the quest that was there are NO ONE could compete with the guy to kill the Hell Hounds there that you needed to do for the quest because that guy was there every day all day killing them the instant they spawned... making it nigh on impossible for anyone else to do the quest... so Yeah it did affect others...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It did affect anyone and everyone trying to do the quest that was there are NO ONE could compete with the guy to kill the Hell Hounds there that you needed to do for the quest because that guy was there every day all day killing them the instant they spawned... making it nigh on impossible for anyone else to do the quest... so Yeah it did affect others...
Was this guy able to kill liches and a herd of dragons?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Was this guy able to kill liches and a herd of dragons?
He didn't have to... If you lured on him he would page on you... he was "alerted" any time anyone would enter... and he'd tell you to leave... threaten you if you drug anything in with you...

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
He didn't have to... If you lured on him he would page on you... he was "alerted" any time anyone would enter... and he'd tell you to leave... threaten you if you drug anything in with you...
on Sonoma, the person that would always do it on Sundays, never spoke at all.
Never moved from the same spot either.
My husband used to page about it and one time it seemed like a GM came in and moved the guy.
He was in the middle of the room one second, and the next second he was in the corner.
And then after a few mins he was back in the middle.
The whole time he was killing stuff.
He never said a single word, even when we were trying to talk to him.

Hubby sent Mesanna an email with pics of the guy and detailed everything that had happened.
She wrote him back about the issue had been dealt with GMs and they found that he wasn't afk scripting.
About two weeks after that we saw him down there again.
This time he wasn't afk at the time, because we got there before he did.
And he made some comments to my husband about him paging a GM.
And that he had friends in higher places and laughed.
After that my husband didn't play very much.
He started doing the pirates like crazy this year, but has since burned out from doing it.

This guy only did it on Sundays.
The guy you are talking about also did them on Sonoma.
After you told me about that area being flooded, I went and did the quest there.
And he was rather rude, telling us that we had to go to the fel side, because this side was all his.
told him that it would just take a few seconds to complete that part but he is just greedy.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sounds like him... He was there all the time on my shard. Rude... annoying and 100% camped but yes he was as I call it "semi-afk" as in there doing whatever probably watching TV but had "alerts" if a GM showed up he'd get right there and talk to them... but otherwise he was AFK for the most part... and what I never understood is why didn't he get sent to jail like the rest of us? Anyone else that stood in one spot doing that would have been whisked to the nasty jail in Blackthorns and died... but not him. Go figure... but it's water under the bridge right now because it's gone now and no one can go down there for any of that... so yeah.

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spent time down there to have an idea, but I don't know who this is/was... My guess is that this party made 50 plat by doing what you describe.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I miss the controllers and exodus things. Great for compassion sage and power crystals

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Ruins.jpg
from compassion moongate
follow the mountain down on the West
go through the passage at the gympsy camp
then proceed to the circled area.

the controllers and golems respawn here quickly.

upload_2019-11-14_13-48-36.png
And for the Exodus Minions, you can go to Honor Moongate & follow the mountains North.
go through the passage to the gargoyle mining camp (where the skull is)

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I used to fight both the mages for blackthorn arties and the gold elementals for crystalline blackrock. I hope they put it back the way it was after the event concludes.

The one thing they need to do is update the reward list to include some of the newer artifacts in game for selection.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Maybe they are hoping that after the event the scripters will have moved somewhere else, I can't see them putting it back as it was, that's not how they do things around here, certainly it's easier than actually tackling the real issues. :(
Of course they won't think that the scripters will then ruin some other content for everyone else....:rolleyes:

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Totally with ya, you could spend like 30-40 mins there and come away with maybe 5k+ Gold ingots, waaaaay more efficient than any other method.
The irony is, they have taken them away to deter scripters but the ball is firmly back in the scripters court because they run mining scripts 24/7. Those gold elementals essentially stopped me from buying from scripters, now I'm almost back to square one!

Such is life I guess! o.0
Perfectly said!

Scripters win again. Our Dev team has no idea how to combat scripting whatsoever. Most changes seem to benefit them. Makes me wonder who on the dev team is profiting from this.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Perfectly said!

Scripters win again. Our Dev team has no idea how to combat scripting whatsoever. Most changes seem to benefit them. Makes me wonder who on the dev team is profiting from this.
Wondered that for a long time... And who in the Rares community has them on the payroll since they seem to cater to them over everyone else.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Clearly with the update to Blackthorns the Gold Elementals appear to no longer be there. Per chance have they been moved to another location or are they just gone for good? I've done a little Google-Fu but can't find anything. :(

Never realised how much I relied on them to fill BoDs for acquiring low level runic hammers etc. Now I am back to farming Shadow Elementals and using Elixirs of gold conversion. Whilst tedious it's certainly no where near as tedious as actually going out and mining!
I haven't logged on in a while, and this is sad news :(