• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gold dust BODs

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not really - they are expensive, but at least not as stupid as the Wild Staff and Bow BODS that require ML recipes/gems and can't go above basic woods (only the smalls for the base item types that don't use recipes/gems can be bribed to higher woods)

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
At 33% chance success to make gold dust, I calculate -

upload_2018-5-30_5-15-14.png

- that it costs over 5 million gold to fill a 10 BOD. There is nothing in the reward table that is worth anywhere near that much.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
At 33% chance success to make gold dust, I calculate -

View attachment 82214

- that it costs over 5 million gold to fill a 10 BOD. There is nothing in the reward table that is worth anywhere near that much.
Trying to figure how you're calculating that cost. I agree it's too expensive, but to me that number seems at least 10x too high.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trying to figure how you're calculating that cost. I agree it's too expensive, but to me that number seems at least 10x too high.
Must be Atlantic.....everything costs x10 more on Atlantic. ;)

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
My error. I thought I had the value of 1 Gold Piece as worth 1 gold piece. Obvious. Instead my Vlookup was finding gold ingots at 175 gold pieces, drastically skewing the results.

Corrected:
upload_2018-5-30_13-4-48.png

Since it's a small normal bod, it costs nearly 3000 gold per reward point, about 10 times higher than other alchemy bods. Here is how much it costs to fill a regular potions bod:

upload_2018-5-30_13-6-56.png

Banking the points is like throwing 30,000 gold away.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yeah, I have a spare BOD book with stuff I'll never fill because they're worthless. I've run out of reasons though why I hang on to that book. I think there's a couple of dozen nexus core bods in there.

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Meez just leabes dem rite at da feet ob da wortfless npc da gab demz to meez.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
i wish they would give us an option to trade a bod back
its like all those exceptional meats BODs that I can't fill
can't make them exceptional

let us exchange empty bods for new ones

Calla Lily

Journeyman
Yeah, I have a spare BOD book with stuff I'll never fill because they're worthless. I've run out of reasons though why I hang on to that book. I think there's a couple of dozen nexus core bods in there.
I don’t fill the nexus cores either.