• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gold Chest spawn dropped?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Was there another ninja nerf? Bumped luck to 3k and no more gold boxes. Was getting them with much less worn, before a few days ago.

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was there another ninja nerf? Bumped luck to 3k and no more gold boxes. Was getting them with much less worn, before a few days ago.
Reversion to the mean always bites after a hot streak.

Results are more likely an artifact of a streaky RNG than anything nefarious. Similar experience around two months ago. Only rusty chests after a point. Implemented Musashi's advice on fixation and temporarily moved on to something more productive. Luck seems to positively affect gear intensity, unconvinced it affects much else.

Is the character human, elf, or gargoyle?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Reversion to the mean always bites after a hot streak.

Results are more likely an artifact of a streaky RNG than anything nefarious. Similar experience around two months ago. Only rusty chests after a point. Implemented Musashi's advice on fixation and temporarily moved on to something more productive. Luck seems to positively affect gear intensity, unconvinced it affects much else.

Is the character human, elf, or gargoyle?
Character is Gargoyle, all 70's etc. Upper range MR, Mana, 140 HPS, LRC 120. He is Legendary Mystic and Spellweaver, magery to 91 real I think. Does all level chests with relative ease. I was thinking higher luck and Carto as we were told makes a difference. Not sure if there is a race component.

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if there is a race component.
Keeping an eye open regarding the resource gathering properties of human/elf vs gargoyle, if at all applicable, as more maps are completed. Attempting to determine if my elf is actually finding more armor amalgams than my humans and gargoyles, or if it's only randomness. Data set is not large enough as yet to make any believable comparison.