• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Going on Strike

G

I have worked 8 rounds more than required for promotion. I know ppl that have worked way more than that. I can not take all the lag, 6 cooks and sims left from the previous round sitting in invisible chairs in the diner and outside on the sidewalk all the way down the street. LOL I am tired of being stuck in this dead end job with no chance of getting promoted.

Has anyone been promoted on time, within the last few days?

I

imported_Rare-Buyer

Yes I was promoted earlier today, but I had to go through the same darn lag you're talking about. It's so hard to work the restaurant job with this constant freezing/unfreezing.

G

WOOT someone got promoted! Did you get promoted on time?

I

imported_Rare-Buyer

Yes, from Dean of Diners to Suitable Server. I've been keeping count and it was indeed after my 25th shift that I was promoted today.

G

Yes I just started the diner job this week, and have been promoted, right on time, twice already. I've heard that there is a bug further up the track (Sommelier, maybe?) but I won't know for sure till I get there if it happens to everybody or not, but for now I've gotten all the promos I'm due.

What I want is to be able to have more than one job at a time. It's annoying to me only to be able to go to work during those few hours, since I also have the skills required to be a DJ, and those shifts work at different times from the restaurant job, so it'd be neat to be able to do both. I thought I remembered at one time that a person could do that, but I guess not
. Oh well, for a while there will be skilling to be done between rounds, especially after amnesty comes around and those extra locks to be filled up.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

All the rounds you worked while we had the 5 minute bug didn't count. But it seems everyone is starting to get promoted again. I haven't tried working in the diner during heavy lag. The lag adds an amusement factor to robot job

G

<blockquote><hr>

The lag adds an amusement factor to robot job

[/ QUOTE ]

Not, from what I hear, unless the sim is suicidal

An aversion to death is actually what kept me from the robot track at all, much less with the lag, but it would create a market for a new job track for the shamen, if sims weren't too broke and/or cheap to pay for revivals LOL. Actually it won't be long until I have the shaman skills myself, and I don't plan on charging for revivings either, especially since it doesn't cost the shaman anything to revive a sim, so there's no *overhead* involved.

I

imported_Starrfoxx

Lol, when you mentioned "strike", I was thinking of all the "sims" in SimCity 4 that yell out "strike, strike, strike, strike" holding up all the picket signs.