• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Going nuts with what I thought was a simple macro

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I’m playing around trying to setup a potion macro.

What I want to do is swap a double axe, swap a ring with 50% epots, then drink a GA, drink a GS, then swap back in the double axe and my “battle ring”

I can get it to work but the delays that I need for it to work reliably are nutso ....

I stripped it down to only the beginning part ... swap weapons and rings .... then drink GA ... then drink GS .... I played with different delays before each of the potions ... I can’t get it to run reliably with either delay less than .9 seconds. Seems kinda long to me.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I took out the swapping stuff and put down my double axe .... so now the macro does nothing more than drink two potions. I still need to put a .9 second delay between them .... and it fails to drink the second potion every once in a awhile ... if I use a 1 second delay it never fails. When I try to swap and drink the macro ends up taking just about 4 seconds to run .... 4 seconds feels like eternity.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup, Timer between being able to use most objects in game is supposed to be 1s

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the reply .... that sure feels about right ... and it does seem to be specific to steps that handle an object