• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Going live tomorrow!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Patched and ready to go!

:cheerleader:Forgotten Treasures – World Wide Release:cheerleader:

6/17/2019

Greetings,

We are pleased to announce that as of each shard’s normal maintenance beginning June 18th, 2019 Forgotten Treasures will be deployed world wide.

A few highlights in Forgotten Treasures include –

• Forgotten Treasures – a mini-event that continues the story of the nefarious pirate called Hook and introduces a new organization to Britannia – the Fellowship! Visit the in-game Town Cryer to learn more!
  • Treasure Hunting Update – we have revamped the treasure hunting experience and introduced new loot to treasure chests!
  • New MIB Salvage Loot – take to the High Seas and drop your line, fish up new salvage items including new paintings, ship artifacts, and more!
  • Update to Cleanup Britannia Turnins – now you can throw out more of that unwanted clutter and claim some points!
  • New Keeps from the Keep Design Contents!
You can read all about the latest changes in the Forgotten Treasures publish notes.

See you on the High Seas,

UO Team

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Patched and ready to go!

6/17/2019

Greetings,

We are pleased to announce that as of each shard’s normal maintenance beginning June 18th, 2019 Forgotten Treasures will be deployed world wide.

• Forgotten Treasures – a mini-event that continues the story of the nefarious pirate called Hook and introduces a new organization to Britannia – the Fellowship! Visit the in-game Town Cryer to learn more!
  • Treasure Hunting Update – we have revamped the treasure hunting experience and introduced new loot to treasure chests!
  • New MIB Salvage Loot – take to the High Seas and drop your line, fish up new salvage items including new paintings, ship artifacts, and more!
  • Update to Cleanup Britannia Turnins – now you can throw out more of that unwanted clutter and claim some points!
You can read all about the latest changes in the Forgotten Treasures publish notes.

UO Team
I think something that has been widely overlooked is the new MIB Salvage loot; has anyone been testing that and has some spoilers of the new loot?? Please :devil:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think something that has been widely overlooked is the new MIB Salvage loot; has anyone been testing that and has some spoilers of the new loot?? Please :devil:
Yeah, I posted some bugs about it.

The small house south of the Minoc moongate in Trammel on Test Center has some nice examples of the new fished-up loot. Be sure to visit the roof.

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
i dont see it in patch note but i read from a devs somewhere they were suppose to boost the chance of acquiring ancient sos from mibs...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you find out how many points to advance in The Fellowship? We got a good run of beacons tonight. Perfect timing.
Nope, nothing there is interactive in any way. And the same message pops up as you walk in.

You see some items laying around--an icon, coin, tome, and staff--that have the Fellowship name on them, but there's nothing there to do except dump cargo in the box at the NW end of the hall. No way to check your balance or anything. And there's no grand total showing on the box or anything like that.

Last edited:

Matrix Cubed

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Patched and ready to go!

6/17/2019

Greetings,

UO Team
So...after all these years I have to add 2 new skills to my over taxed t hunter to open the damned chests?? FAIL!!!

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So...after all these years I have to add 2 new skills to my over taxed t hunter to open the damned chests?? FAIL!!!
I'll save you the time of reading the publish notes and the countless threads (since it doesn't sound like you have done much brushing up in the last 2 months). I'm assuming you the 2 skills you mean are Carto & Remove Trap; so the following is based off that. You don't need 2 new skills because as a treasure hunter Carto should already be GM'ed unless you were only doing level 1 maps and if that's the case nothing changes. Yes you need to actually have the skill on your character now at the time of the dig but honestly not having the skill at the time of dig was a bit of a loophole so I'm not sympathetic there. The only NEW skill you might need to add is remove trap BUT it's not required at all. You can have zero remove trap and still remove the trap (it will just take more attempts). Additionally remove trap no longer requires detect hidden or lockpicking (although you will need LP for chests as usual). If you go this route; you can easily take off mining (no longer needed) and replace with Carto (which takes the place of mining for dig radius).

If you actually are going to train remove trap (it easily can fit into a template but you can look that template up) then you can check out some other threads about how remove trap is now much easier to gain. One of the K's posted just yesterday about it taking roughly 100 chests to get from 0-88 remove trap which honestly is pretty good given that you would need MANY MORE attempts/uses to gain just about any other skill (you wouldn't raise LP that quickly on chests).

I'd probably be a little more open to the whining had it been done 2-3 months ago when the rest of us were griping about the addition of remove trap but after the DEVs kind of met the players in the middle with requiring the skill (but not needing the additional skills or puzzles to remove trap & boosted the loot some) there really isn't much reason to complain about it... seems like you weren't around for the worst of it :)

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new paintings are quite nice and the floor skulls festive. Thank you to artists. My keep is still improper and no word from M. That is not quite even close to nice or festive.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
...and the dread pirates are still disappearing and there are crewless ships.

That's some half-waffled omelet there, @Bleak, @Misk. Now get going and fix this bug. While you're at it, figure out how and why you introduced this bug and then why you didn't catch it yourself, Bleak, and why you didn't catch it either, Misk -- and in the future don't introduce bugs like this one, and when you do, don't let them go live. Y'all hang your heads in shame right now (no, I do not mean the dungeon).

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd probably be a little more open to the whining had it been done 2-3 months ago when the rest of us were griping about the addition of remove trap
While I appreciate the players doing free testing on TC in their spare time, that's nothing you can ask from everybody. For the majority of players those things come to their server only now.

This whole revamp was a Frankenstein when born in Kyronix' head, now they added some make-up, but it's still overthought and changed for the sake of change. It's different, ok, but what of it apart from adding powerscrolls to the loot is actually an improvement? Skill A instead of skill B? Spell A instead of spell B? A new sword graphic? LOL

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Only things I didn't get were the Porthole & Ship Chain.

Here are the 13 New Paintings, New Anchor, New Mib Bottles and Ship in a Bottle.

View attachment 99044
@Lord Bytor - Thanks for the pics!! I won't lie, I will definitely try to fish up some of those new deco items for sure. Did you notice if anything inside the chest had changed? Any noticeable improvement on loot like on treasure chests or anything different about the contents in them?

North_LS

Journeyman
this publish finally got me off my butt to dust off one of my 15 year old templated toons and remake him as a t-hunter. hopefully i'll be on the prowl for chests soon.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
While I appreciate the players doing free testing on TC in their spare time, that's nothing you can ask from everybody. For the majority of players those things come to their server only now.

This whole revamp was a Frankenstein when born in Kyronix' head, now they added some make-up, but it's still overthought and changed for the sake of change. It's different, ok, but what of it apart from adding powerscrolls to the loot is actually an improvement? Skill A instead of skill B? Spell A instead of spell B? A new sword graphic? LOL
Yea I get it that not everyone will want to test but honestly that's not an excuse to be un-informed about what has been in the works for several months. Anyone posting on this thread obviously uses the site for info etc so there has been more than enough posts about what is going on and what changes are taking place. At this point complaining about needing remove trap (or T-hunter template changes) is beating a dead horse. You have valid points on the changes themselves (you have also posted on them a few other times) but I think someone coming in after the fact (the day everything goes live) and complaining about it being a "FAIL" without having voiced any opinion previously or done any work to help guide changes is senseless whining.

@Laura_Gold - Please stop hijacking every single thread with your bug that you refuse to post on the forums. This is literally like the third different post OUTSIDE of the thread you dedicated to this issue. If you haven't taken the time to take the steps required to get your seemingly huge issue fixed then stop wasting our time posting it. At this point you are just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Anyone having an issue where some maps are Unreadable? They were in a Davies in deed form prior to publish, placed it this morning and a handful of them are unreadable while a bunch of them aren't... all facets effected

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Also, who doesn't like puppies? Dizzy says in a poor attempt to hijack and lighten the thread.

I did a couple of simple stash maps early today with Remove Trap = 0. After 2 maps, RT is now around 5, so it raises quickly. On one thunter, I dropped Spellweaving in favor of RT, and just using Mysticism now.

My tamer t-hunter doesn't have that luxury, so for now I'm just going to keep RT at 0 and kill off the spare guardians and see if I find that acceptable.

Loot in the stash chests wasn't great, but I didn't expect it to be. A lot more resources, I actually enjoyed the 50 valorite ingots.

What to do with all those armor enhancements, though, is lost on me. Nobody buys them off my vendor, even when I work them up to Invunlerability.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Whoops. I guess I shouldn't have even brought up that last one in the suggestion thread...

upload_2019-6-18_13-29-17.png

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope, nothing there is interactive in any way. And the same message pops up as you walk in.

You see some items laying around--an icon, coin, tome, and staff--that have the Fellowship name on them, but there's nothing there to do except dump cargo in the box at the NW end of the hall. No way to check your balance or anything. And there's no grand total showing on the box or anything like that.
It does give you your total after every time you donate cargo.

As for levels, you get the tome around 150m points, icon around 250m and coin around 350? I cant remember the exact number of points I had donated when each item got rewarded

Last edited:

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Just now on Atlantic I donated 10 mythical chests. Each is worth about 10mil. Each time I put a cargo in it gave me a running total of how much I donated which is a tad over 100m.

I wonder, if this is a community effort thing, like the christmas tree. The wording of it is a little unclear from the follower's message you get at the door.
"With enough donations you too can become a member of the Fellowship!"

Don't know how to precede, other than wait to see if something happens as more people donate.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tina said there was a running total earlier. She forgot.

Thanks @Promathia for the numbers.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

As for levels, you get the tome around 150k points, icon around 250 and coin around 350? I cant remember the exact number of points I had donated when each item got rewarded
You were able to select those items? I haven't had a chance to log in today but looking forward to checking it out later tonight.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You were able to select those items? I haven't had a chance to log in today but looking forward to checking it out later tonight.
You are given them automatically once you reach the point threshold. After I got the coin, every donation after rewarded me with another coin. At 600m points, it told me I had donated the maximum amount and would not let me do any more.

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

As for levels, you get the tome around 150k points, icon around 250 and coin around 350? I cant remember the exact number of points I had donated when each item got rewarded
I guess it must have been bugged on Origin. The last total I had was 59,728,000 and I got not one thing during the process of donating.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Forgotten Treasures – a mini-event that continues the story of the nefarious pirate called Hook and introduces a new organization to Britannia – the Fellowship! Visit the in-game Town Cryer to learn more!

What pieces are in T chests, just the fragments? How will these combine to make this mini-event?

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess it must have been bugged on Origin. The last total I had was 59,728,000 and I got not one thing during the process of donating.
Oops, I meant million.

It was definitely around 30-40 Mythical Trade Cargos when I got the 3rd reward.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tome at 150M.
upload_2019-6-30_18-12-35.png

Icon at 300M
upload_2019-6-18_17-17-12.png

Coin at 450M
upload_2019-6-18_17-39-43.png

You get a coin for every donation after 450M
upload_2019-6-19_21-54-29.png

Until you get to 600M
upload_2019-6-19_21-55-19.png

Then you can not donate more.

Last edited:

Matrix Cubed

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I'll save you the time of reading the publish notes and the countless threads (since it doesn't sound like you have done much brushing up in the last 2 months). I'm assuming you the 2 skills you mean are Carto & Remove Trap; so the following is based off that. You don't need 2 new skills because as a treasure hunter Carto should already be GM'ed unless you were only doing level 1 maps and if that's the case nothing changes. Yes you need to actually have the skill on your character now at the time of the dig but honestly not having the skill at the time of dig was a bit of a loophole so I'm not sympathetic there. The only NEW skill you might need to add is remove trap BUT it's not required at all. You can have zero remove trap and still remove the trap (it will just take more attempts). Additionally remove trap no longer requires detect hidden or lockpicking (although you will need LP for chests as usual). If you go this route; you can easily take off mining (no longer needed) and replace with Carto (which takes the place of mining for dig radius).

If you actually are going to train remove trap (it easily can fit into a template but you can look that template up) then you can check out some other threads about how remove trap is now much easier to gain. One of the K's posted just yesterday about it taking roughly 100 chests to get from 0-88 remove trap which honestly is pretty good given that you would need MANY MORE attempts/uses to gain just about any other skill (you wouldn't raise LP that quickly on chests).

I'd probably be a little more open to the whining had it been done 2-3 months ago when the rest of us were griping about the addition of remove trap but after the DEVs kind of met the players in the middle with requiring the skill (but not needing the additional skills or puzzles to remove trap & boosted the loot some) there really isn't much reason to complain about it... seems like you weren't around for the worst of it :)
Wasn't around for the worst of what? I made 4.5 million gold in 2000 when I gmed lockpicking do the math on the avg number of chests that would have taken!...I had to make hundreds of maps to get to 95 Cart then kill enough crap to get the maps you needed to decipher to gain GM which was so ridiculous I'd have to wait 24.01 hours to gain .1 from 98...mining was the first pain in the ass...run home stone it after marking all the spots...ok...not horrible but petty. Blowing the dust off a never (cept factions) used skill ? What's the upside? Oh yeah...I still have to stone something after wasting time with Detect Hidden which is necessary to raise Remove Trap...so...one more time? I don't need mining anymore? That must be the upside...?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

That's some half-waffled omelet there, @Bleak, @Misk. Now get going and fix this bug. While you're at it, figure out how and why you introduced this bug and then why you didn't catch it yourself, Bleak, and why you didn't catch it either, Misk -- and in the future don't introduce bugs like this one, and when you do, don't let them go live. Y'all hang your heads in shame right now (no, I do not mean the dungeon).

It's happening to a lot of people, and often. they all poof. even the ones that are shackled can poof. amazing...

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wasn't around for the worst of what? I made 4.5 million gold in 2000 when I gmed lockpicking do the math on the avg number of chests that would have taken!...I had to make hundreds of maps to get to 95 Cart then kill enough crap to get the maps you needed to decipher to gain GM which was so ridiculous I'd have to wait 24.01 hours to gain .1 from 98...mining was the first pain in the ass...run home stone it after marking all the spots...ok...not horrible but petty. Blowing the dust off a never (cept factions) used skill ? What's the upside? Oh yeah...I still have to stone something after wasting time with Detect Hidden which is necessary to raise Remove Trap...so...one more time? I don't need mining anymore? That must be the upside...?
I don't want to sound like I'm not trying to help but the debate on the Forgotten Treasure publish has been raging for 2-3 months now while it was being tested so rather then explain all the nuances and argue that it's not all doom and gloom I'd suggest you just check out all the threads/posts/release notes that are out there. All publish related changes have been posted several times in several places. At the very least you should log into the game and give treasure hunting a try.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had 747,000 doubloons in Bucs Pirate "account" so they counted in Fellowship total I guess cause after 8 or so Beacons my Fellowship total showed 150m and I got the tome reward. I went back to Bucs and still shows 747,000 doubloons there, so my future tritons/parrots are safe:)
You start with 0 fellowship points. Unless you drop cargo in the chest you do not get points. I had saved cargo when I heard about this. I had and still have over 1M on the pirate. Those do not intermingle.

I only had 1 crate left so I was lucky to get all 3 at once.

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
"Resolved an issue where armoire style containers, including those from the Decorative Kitchen set could enter a broken state."

My china cabinet doors are still stuck open. I tried picking it up and then locking it down again.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You start with 0 fellowship points. Unless you drop cargo in the chest you do not get points. I had saved cargo when I heard about this. I had and still have over 1M on the pirate. Those do not intermingle.

I only had 1 crate left so I was lucky to get all 3 at once.
Where is the "fellowship turn in person"?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
East Britain. It's like south east-ish of the East Britain bank. It's literally right next to the furthest east building in town.
Thanks, I found him! Now what do I do? I see the crates to donate chests, and donated a few. Are there "rewards" of some sort?

Last edited: