• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Going..... Going........ Gone!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tonight, on the eastern shores of New Magencia, auctions return to Legends!

It's been a few years since PRAH closed it's doors and auctions have been missed, not only for the good deals but for the chance to catch up with seldom seen friends outside the turmoil and death robes of an event. Spelosty has built a charming place, The Remembered Legends Auction House, and will host not only a live auction but a silent auction on the second and third floors as well!

Grand Opening is tonite at 8pm est, so gather up your coins, secure your purse strings and head over to New Magencia!

psssst......... a little bird told me that one of Legends' well-known collectors has dropped a chest full of goodies to the auction house... so you know I'll be there!

Clops

Sage
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dread Lord
Is it too late to submit items?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Clops, it's a weekly auction and Spel has said that items can be dropped in the mailbox at the auction house. I didn't get specifics from him, but what I would do is put the item in a bag along with a book with your name, contact information and the minimum price you are willing to accept for the item.

While we're on the subject........ one of the difficulties of running an auction is pricing items. The auction house normally will not set the price, that is done by the seller, but all too often the seller either doesn't know the value of the item or sets the minimum at what they *expect* the item to ultimately sell for....... that ain't the way it works folks! well, it will work if someone really wants it, I suppose, but the way to get more for your item is to set the price low and let the buying frenzy run the gold amount up for ya :) too many 'no sales' doesn't always mean undesirable items, it also means nobody is getting a deal, which is what an auction is all about ;)

jeriicco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Things are picking up at the auction house. The auctioneers have redesigned the house and some great items are being entered into the auctions. Hope to see many in attendance in the following weeks.​

D

Darri Lien

Good luck RLAH!!

Great advice Dev!

Ya know, I was asked once, some time ago, to consider writing a Guide to Player Ran Auctions.... I just might do that! :p

Hope to see some folks there, happy bidding all!!

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What do you mean still? That smell never goes away. :sad3:

T

Tovladian Soltyr

Darri was reading over my shoulder and would like me to tell Omni "He knows cause it's a familiar smell to him" ROFL was that a Darri burn? How shall you ever recover my friend?

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Of course she knows its familiar, its rubbed off her when she was, you know, visiting me!

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol. Are you calling Darri sloppy seconds!? Rude

T

Tovladian Soltyr

well if you "Had It" on one of her "Visits" it would have been after I "Had It" thus making you the 2nd is there another name for it :p ROFL

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
poor darri...liking viking has gotta to be F'n Suckin.