• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Goats?

5% Luck

I have checked the fax and can not find any info on goats.

I heard that If you keep a bonded goat on board your ship while fishing, it will eat the old shoes? Is this true? If so, how does it work? Drop on its head or let him wander around eating shoes on deck like an iron beetle eats ore?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Goats can eat leather. So you can normally feed them with any leather items. That includes footwares and filled leather bags. (Just drop the item onto them.)

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And you can put almost anything IN the bag and it will eat that too.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I have a bonded goat i take fishing to feed shoes to! (Thanks boss)

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Goats are the fisherman's friend.

I have one that's fully trained that I like to take with me when shore fishing to keep the occasional ettin off my back.
He used to be a scrawny little thing but after eating a couple hundred pounds worth of footwear he's quite robust now :)