• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

GM to Legendary Smith - Nov 2007

Wodan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi I just wanted to share my experience from pushing my beloved smith from GM level to Legendary Smith.

First off, I really started with the skilling at 100.4 skill points since I already did a couple of GSGs with my smith before I had sufficient ingots ready for the big one.

Scared by a lot of the number people where mentioning here I accumulated roughly 68k of iron ingots. This, so I though, would safely take me to at least Elder level (110+)

So I started off crafting plate gorgets and was experiencing very bad gains. But while reading other peoples posts here I found out "Royal Circlets" are much better for gains above GM level than Gorgets. So starting at about 100.8 I switched to Royal Circlets (you have to visit the elven city to be able to craft them)

And the gains where not just fanstastic. They were unbelievable. My smith went to GM about 6 Years ago using the Power Hour and I remember it as a REAL pain but gains now were so much faster. Alltogether I crafted Royal circlets for about 20 hours, smelting them with Mining skill 100+3gloves ...

And here's the result :

100.4 - 100.8 : Plate Gorgets - 2k Ingots burned
100.8 - 120.9 : Royal circlets - 44k Ingots burned

That's right it took me considerably less than 50k ingots from GM to legendary !

Now I need enough fame to show off with my new title

L

Lilac Crypt

Nicely done! And if you get motivated and turn in enough filled bods, you will get the fame needed to show your title.

Or you can go kill stuff till you get close.. saves time.

I

imported_Kallie Pigeon

Congratulaions. Now you need to do the BODs so you can get +5 mining gloves

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats on reaching Legendary!

If you read the last page of the Legendary Gain Log post, you will see that Royal Circlets is a well-known way to go from around 93 to Legendary.

Also, you only need to have an account that is enabled for Mondains Legacy to make Royal Circlets. You don't need a recipe or a visit to Heartwood.

R

Redrum1

Congrats, now you can join all of us legendary smiths and sit at the smithy shop and watch all the artied out people running around with leather armor. And since your the new guy you can nudge us every once in awhile to see if we are awake!

Great job though!