• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

GM Shenanigans

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So AFK outside the dungeon for too long and they nerf your ability to attack and or do damage to mobs in Deceit? Heard it from several people yesterday, had a hard time believing it, confirmed today with another player who had it happen and got a response from a GM stating essentially this. No warning, no interaction or notification? Anyone else experience this yet?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, i noticed this during Treasures of Destard. I would park my Death Ray Tamer/Mage © outside with his 120 Disco+CB Triton, while running around in the dungeon with my Chiv/Macer. If someone pulled a GD/SW Paragon to the front entrance, i would bring my Tamer in and tank it with his Triton, while killing it with my Macer. If my Tamer sat outside for too long though, him and his Triton would become completely incapable of damaging the mob, until i logged out and back in.

Xoos

Journeyman
Maybe I'm a noob but why AFK there and be punished? Is something happening by being outside the entrance standing there?

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Last event I would leave for 10 to 20 mins and I would always come back to death screen and people telling me I was alive then dead, Non guild member and not in VvV

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Last event I would leave for 10 to 20 mins and I would always come back to death screen and people telling me I was alive then dead, Non guild member and not in VvV
That was probably luring a dread spider or 2 from a few screens over.

I don't think there is much spawn around Deceit entrance that would do this.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That was probably luring a dread spider or 2 from a few screens over.

I don't think there is much spawn around Deceit entrance that would do this.
I can see that happing with someone like a mage but not a Archer or a Sampire. And I would have the DMG log telling me who or what attacked me but then it just says gold removed for insuring items,

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We afk in front of Dungeon events all day on LS. Our usual afk spots are empty.
That is not going to be taken well.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After looking at Origin, I would bet players are complaining because players are turning stuff in ang going afk. You could not see the NPC right now.

Hint, You can find him with Cntr Shft.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't afk so I have no issues with this. In fact, it lessens the chance that my recall spot will be blocked, so I'm all for it. Damn AFKers blocking my way.

*walks off mumbling something about lawns*

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i would have no problem if the event was designed to flag you where you cant do damage if you stay in one spot too long but if the gms are doing it where they dont even talk to you to see if you there. thats bs. i never fight things while afk but i was flagged on origin while covering an area. i move around alot but just in a section. i paged gm about this and got an email saying that i was flagged for being afk but didn't say the game or gm flagged me.

i wonder if the devs know that peeps already made rails/scripts to run through deceit killing and then recall to the beginning and start over.

That Guy

Visitor
UNLEASHED
If this is a thing. then just wait for Krampus time. No more runnin just 3 trade runs and campin at the trade run guy waitin for krampus to spawn.. Might actually have to keep runnin trade runs... hmmm

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If this is a thing. then just wait for Krampus time. No more runnin just 3 trade runs and campin at the trade run guy waitin for krampus to spawn.. Might actually have to keep runnin trade runs... hmmm
If thats the case I would just have a EJ account or one of my other accounts there then the one I plan to attack him with

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That would suck ... as then less people would have the runs completed as fewer would be able to the required number of runs to get a drop... that would really be more hurtful to everyone. I always only ran the three so others would then be able to do the 3 they need to get a drop.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
BUMP - one year later :)

Looks like they have turned on their scripts so that they can AFK action players who they believe to be AFK (casting / hiding / healing without moving).

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone else notice the bodies of the critters disappear really quick? Less than 2 min quick.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone else notice the bodies of the critters disappear really quick? Less than 2 min quick.
Always do in these to reduce lag and increase spawn.
Popps wrote a novel about a few events ago. Was a great read.