• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Inscription] GM Inscription for PVM?

Kith

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
PVM: I have a Mage (Magery / Eval / Med) / Bard (Music / Prov / Hiding). My playstyle has me casting a lot of offensive spells. Would I be better off with Inscription, taking my mage skills to 120, or something else? Thanks for the advice.

Pretzl

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
A disclaimer; I'm fairly "new", returning after 8 years of inactivity. But here's my $0.02 anyway:

I don't know how you feel about hiding, but I'd drop that in favor of an invisibility macro / potion and get GM inscription instead. That nets you 10% increased base dmg for every spell, and minor benefits to reactive armor/magic reflection. I don't think magery itself nets you any spell damage increase, but if you rely on vortexes or enjoy EQ it might be worth getting 120 magery to fizzle less.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I agree that hiding doesn't really serve you any tangible benefit in this template. If you get a significant amount of your damage from spells, then 120 inscription is useful, for sure.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'd drop hiding for discordance or spellweaving.

aulbrey

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree that hiding doesn't really serve you any tangible benefit in this template. If you get a significant amount of your damage from spells, then 120 inscription is useful, for sure.
you can only go to gm inscription. but i agree with everyone else taking away hiding and replacing it with something else is probably a better choice atleast in my opinion

[K]Double

Visitor
Keep in mind that the bonus damage from inscription will put you above the SDI cap. I know this is true in pvp but im not sure if theres a cap in pvm. If there is, you will exceed it with inscription.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Keep in mind that the bonus damage from inscription will put you above the SDI cap. I know this is true in pvp but im not sure if theres a cap in pvm. If there is, you will exceed it with inscription.
No cap in pvm. Stack it all you want. Scribe increases the cap by 10 and gives you the extra 10 SDI in pvp.