• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gm imbue questions

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there I play on siege so the road to 120 is a long journey. I am just about at gm so far but I was wondering if anyone knew of a tool to measure success chance? If I take a basic leather tunic with no resists I can imbue 2 other mods e.g 7 stam and 4 hp before I have 0 success at another imbue. Will my chances increase a lot at GM (currently like 99 skill) you cam only gain 0.1 every 15 min on siege so it's not a case of just grinding till 120 lol.

Thanks.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Crystal ball of knowledge quest from the guy standing inside (or just outside can vary by shard) the Ter Mur Mage/Mystic shop. The crystal ball, when active, will tell the difficulty of any skill use when you use the skill. You're looking for "Optimal" as the reply.

Do note that you're looking for about a 35% to 55% success chance, without a crystal ball, for imbuing gains. And, you really just need to RE-IMBUE the same property over and over, once you get the item to the optimal difficulty range, until you get the message (after about 20 total successes) that the chance is diminished. Taking an item to near zero chance by adding extra abilities is just wasting resources.

As to whether there is a bump at GM, I don't remember one - but wasn't really paying attention, since I was powering through it on a regular-ruleset shard.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi there I play on siege so the road to 120 is a long journey. I am just about at gm so far but I was wondering if anyone knew of a tool to measure success chance? If I take a basic leather tunic with no resists I can imbue 2 other mods e.g 7 stam and 4 hp before I have 0 success at another imbue. Will my chances increase a lot at GM (currently like 99 skill) you cam only gain 0.1 every 15 min on siege so it's not a case of just grinding till 120 lol.
wait until you hit 120 before imbuing stuff. you will end up being able to put 5 additional mods on whatever you imbue and fail a lot less. Also see if you can increase your loyalty to the gargoyle queen in termur so you can use the queen's soulforge for an additional small bump in success chance. meanwhile go hunt crystal elementals and/or dragons and build a stockpile of gems and imbuing ingredients by unraveling all the junk you find. unraveling will also give you imbuing gains until 120 if you use items with high enough mods (major magic items, lesser artifacts and above). To go from gm to 120 you will need 200 of these items to unravel. Once you have these you could try to buy a scrolls of alacrity for imbuing. Log in every 15 minutes, unravel an item to get an increased gain and log out immediately. this will halt the SoT timer and you will reach 120 before the SoT timer runs out. Make sure you're not criminal or combat flagged and that you're in your own house or in a safe logout location so you character will log out immediately.

if you have trouble getting enough items to unravel just ask your guildmates (you're in UWSP if I remember correctly). I am sure they'll be able to hook you up. If that doesn't work contact me in game and I should have some spare items to unravel for you.

I don't know of any tool to measure success chance besides the ingame imbuing menu. success chance will always decrease the more mods you already have on your item.

this advice comes from an actual Siege player