• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Glass Daggers, 1 hit only, vs sold on vendor

• Thread starter love2winalot
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

love2winalot

Hail: What do you all think about this. Glass Daggers you get from Andrew. As some found out the hard way, it breaks if you use it 1 time. It is equiped when given to you, and they are being sold on vendors from between 500k to 3 million.

1. There is no written notice that it will break if used. EA should do this.
2. If your paper doll is not open, some have no idea that they have equiped it, and even a mongbat attacking you will break it.
3. I wonder how many have, or will, buy one, and not knowing the above, will break it?

Your thoughts?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

"Your thoughts?"

Theres no reason for there to be written notice of it or anything else.

If they don't know it's equipped then how are they going to miss it?

Anyone who pays 500k-3m for something they don't know what it does has more money than sense.

F

Fayled Dhreams

caveat emptor

a fool and his

never give a sucker

look before you

Ah!
Know thy enemy ... know thyself.

L

Lord Drakelord

buyer beware, been a few times I been a sucker at the vendors before, we all learn the hard way, hopefully those that do purchase them have learned from reading the forums the one hit break. Beside it says "glass" even I knew to put my away before waving it around my friends and enemies.

M

miss uo

Hail: What do you all think about this. Glass Daggers you get from Andrew. As some found out the hard way, it breaks if you use it 1 time. It is equiped when given to you, and they are being sold on vendors from between 500k to 3 million.

2. If your paper doll is not open, some have no idea that they have equiped it, and even a mongbat attacking you will break it.
3. I wonder how many have, or will, buy one, and not knowing the above, will break it?

Your thoughts?
Actually there was written notice: Entitled Event: Andrew
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=2601

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He's giving you a WEAPON made out of frigging GLASS. How the hell could you possibly use something like that and NOT have it break?!

S

Saris

He's giving you a WEAPON made out of frigging GLASS. How the hell could you possibly use something like that and NOT have it break?!
well it could be magic glass? like glass in elder scrolls lol

I remeber a glass sword(kinda) from an older ultima game.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, and the ones in the old games.. and this will SHOCK you.. SHATTERED ON IMPACT. IMAGINE THAT.

Hell, weren't you even given a glass sword in the single player offline UO demo that came with T2A or Ren?

D

Dreadlord Galaad

Glass weapons used to be the most powerful weapons in the ultima serie (one hit, one kill). If my memory is good, glass weapons was introcuced in ultima 5 and it was a one time only use.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I think everything is working as intended.
I do not think we should be given as much information as we are now, much less ask for more.
People are starting to take away from the discovery part of the game. It's not the end of the world if your dagger breaks. It's not game stopping. It's part of life in Sosaria.
A lot of folks are getting pretty bored with all the petty complaints about UO.
Game stopping bugs and cheating is one thing. Complaining because no one told you your glass dagger will break if you use it (as it is intended to do, no less) is something else entirely. It's not something that folks need to worry about losing anyway.

J

jelinidas

I think everything is working as intended.
I do not think we should be given as much information as we are now, much less ask for more.
People are starting to take away from the discovery part of the game. It's not the end of the world if your dagger breaks. It's not game stopping. It's part of life in Sosaria.
A lot of folks are getting pretty bored with all the petty complaints about UO.
Game stopping bugs and cheating is one thing. Complaining because no one told you your glass dagger will break if you use it (as it is intended to do, no less) is something else entirely. It's not something that folks need to worry about losing anyway.
Yuppers, I like you thinking

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Andrew: You may decide for yourself. Speak. You have until the flames are extinguished.
Andrew: A simple 'Yes' or 'No' will do.
You feel yourself able to speak.
<name removed>: Yes
You are silenced again
Andrew: Excellent.
Andrew: I have placed my gift into your hand. Take it, hide it, and find a time to use it.
Andrew: You have chosen a wise path. Let me show you your fortune.
Andrew: Go, then.
Everyone was told by Andrew where the dagger was, your own fault if you didn't un-equip it!

L

love2winalot

I agree with the, "Discovery" part of the game. But i disagree that the, "Discovery" has to be done over the internet, and not within the game itself. All RPG have the, "Talk to NPC's" and what not, to Discover things you need to know. UO was created like this, but has changed over the years.

I also find it funny to, ASSUME, the dagger has no real purpose, or will be a 1 hit weapon, or is just a deco item, when it may well be a lot more than that.

Instead of posting on this board, EA should be putting the Information of Discovery, into the game itself. imhop.

ps, I have 14 daggers by the way, now all on one charater. Weeeeeee:)

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What they will be used for has not been revealed yet. Will 500k-3mil be too much? If the past is any indication then yes.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just assumed that glass things broke if you hit stuff with them. I assumed other people had the same sense.

L

love2winalot

By that logic then a Glacier Staff, "made of ice" should do the same thing.

P

PixelPusher

I just assumed that glass things broke if you hit stuff with them. I assumed other people had the same sense.
Sometimes, being an optimist is a curse...
:gun: Both common sense and the ability to actually think for one's self are virtually dead :stretcher:

M

Mythic

Didnt Andrew Tell you to "Put It Away Untill You Find A Time To Use It" or something to that effect

G

Garaba

Yup,

He told you that he put it in your hand.

That you should hide it.

And that you would know when the time was right to use it.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Your thoughts?
From a fictional point of view, have you ever heard of shadowlords doing anything other than shady? The expereiced *adventurer should always take any audience in the presence of SL with a grain of salt. Any items recieved should be viewed from the point of the skeptic, much akin to buying a *miracle cure* from a *travelling salemans*.

As such its my opinion that things are functioning as is. The word is spreading amonst he people of Sosaria about Anderw and the *strange daggers* recieved in his presence. They are slowly becoming aware of the daggers lack of durability. Any that break just add to the fictional stories spreading acrossed the land.

So EA need not be involved in filling in the population, as the population has the ability to think for itself and react as they see fit vs. the situation.

My two pennies.

:popcorn:

S

SilentFoxXy

He told you that he put it in your hand.
That you should hide it.
And that you would know when the time was right to use it.
Now where did I put it.....(Searches her 4 houses and shops, the hundreds of chests, after she hid it somewhere no SL or VG would ever look.)

Why did I take him so literally...;) Ouch ;) ;)

Oh, tell you what, lets go get another, after all we only have 7 chars per shard, per account.......

F

FenrirsFangs

Ultima VI - The Glass sword shattered after one use and dealt 9999 damage.

I'm thinking this is gonna be an asset to those that ACTUALLY intend on helping the shadowlords. it will probably always break after 1 hit, but against certain factions it may be a 1 hit kill weapon.

I dont see how that could possibly be a fair or balanced implementation unless the other factions where given somthing like it(or it just kills faction people regardless of which one the target and assailant are in) but you never know. Im thinking if it is usefull at all it is designed to work on ONE enemy type only and it isnt the vanguards because i already tested that. (at least not yet anyway.)

Just my thoughts on it

E

Emil IsTemp

CoM members get "magic sandals of the savior"

You can walk on water with them... and turn thus water into wine... and your fish and bread can feed a thousand people...

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By that logic then a Glacier Staff, "made of ice" should do the same thing.
"Glacial" staff, and it's never been said anywhere i've seen that it's actually made of ice. My impression has always been that it's a staff heavily imbured with cold magic to the point it has an icy hue (glacial being a descriptor of it's innate abilities and color rather than of the point of its creation).

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If some idiot pays 3m for a glass dagger then more fool them!!!! and well done to the seller.....OMG

Kittie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I thought the same thing so I unequipped it and put it away for future event. They intended it for something!

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now for the real question: Has anyone tried to one-hit a Dark Father yet?

L

love2winalot

Hail: I used one on a different shard, and tried to 1 hit a Vanguard in Cove. The result was, oooOOOoooOOO:stretcher:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LETS FACE IT THATS THE MYSTERY!!

The people that chose the dark side and gotr the glass dagger will probably get a use for it

Wheras the people that chose the good side and reject helping the shadowlords will obvoiusly benefit in another way!!

Looks foward to the outcome- i personally went 3 good 3 bad with my account...not being much of a gambler!!!