• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Glacial Robe

Nai_msc

Adventurer
I know , developers doesn’t like this color much, but if that robe will be available in uo store, like promotion and supporter item, will this help to project? I think yeah! It can be really expensive and unique. Like 150$. And still many people will buy to help uo and got pretty sick and awesome stuff.
What do you think?

Loriel

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
People like glacial stuff precisely because it's legitimacy is questionable. I think it would lessen the appeal if it was a sanctioned item.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I thought Mesanna hated that glacial stuff? I don't think she would be adding something she hated to the store, but with her you never know...

Nai_msc

Adventurer
I can’t go to a doctor now because of the quarantine! :)
And to be honest all successful games got something like this. I bought a Orion supporter pack in POE. because the game is awesome and I wanna support developers. And it cost about 400$.
Don’t even speak about csgo. It sounds like EM item. “ my credit card crystalized tear drops”)))
Same in Dota.
But the Ultima is like first love. Never leave it!
And it cost nothing for developers. Just Change hue of item. And easy money!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If someone pays $150 for a robe in the store then I suggest they get their head examined
Not much difference between that and a player buying a plat of gold for $100. A lot of people do that I'm guessing.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
do not give out/sell or what ever, it would be the most desired stuff while in turn, make all others semi worthless. just donate to help uo lol. I personally don't want to see people running around in glacial clothing. just my opinion.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Either delete it all or give to everyone. This cloth was illegal from the start and why it was allowed to be sold is beyond me. Mesanna can say she hate the glacial color all she wants but we know thats a lie. Look what she wears? LOL.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Either delete it all or give to everyone. This cloth was illegal from the start and why it was allowed to be sold is beyond me. Mesanna can say she hate the glacial color all she wants but we know thats a lie. Look what she wears? LOL.

That's not accurate, it was legal and perfectly fine from the time it was made in the mid 2000s to the day before Clops made a dyetub and made a mess out of everything in.. 2017 or whatever it was.

I agree with them making hued items legal and attaching big price tags to them, a ton of people would pick them up and it would be money directly into BSs pocket

Nai_msc

Adventurer
I agree! Some of items should be in game to prevent inflation of the gold. I think it should be more useful thing like home one way moongate. Or home banker... For 10p. Something like that.
And some for real money to make money for BS. Wearable or ridable or something that you can use and proud of.

Nai_msc

Adventurer
That’s why they need to make cool item names for that kind of stuff. You can have all duped glacial clothes u want, but if you can’t wear it useless. Items from shop you can legally wear. That’s a big point I think.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with them making hued items legal and attaching big price tags to them, a ton of people would pick them up and it would be money directly into BSs pocket
[/QUOTE]

Sounds like an AR response.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
That's odd, your response just sounds ill-informed and crotchety. I outlined the history of the item which you were wrong about (which is not a big deal, or a personal attack on you), and gave my 2 cents on a way for the company to make money - though after seeing @MalagAste 's response about using cosmetics as a gold sink I actually agree with that more.

You could either make them available via a vendor for say 2 plat each or some large amount of gold, or you can put 1 on an auction safe and give it a 30 day time frame, set a reasonable reserve, but let people bid it up to 10-20p.

All ideas would have a great impact on either draining gold or putting cash in BS's pocket which can then go to showing improved profitability, potential larger budget requests for new staff, etc.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If they made a UO gold sink, people would buy gold from avatar and it won't help UO.

Naxatilor Feluka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
honestly a better gold sink would be to do custom clothing similar to AoS style, pay 20$, get a piece of clothing you can name with a funky color

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I usually don't post about other games but I recently went back to an older game than UO. If anyone wants to see just how incredible an older game can be run I'd suggest checking out dragonrealms. It's a text base mmorpg but I feel a TON of their ideas could easily translate to UO as far as their communication with the community and their overall organization. Enough so that I've already signed up for their prime service ($40).

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Nai_msc Nice thought but where do you get the idea that UO gets any money from the UO Store? The curency used in the store are Sov. not $$$. The only people collecting real $$$ is EA not BS/UO/DAoC.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I usually don't post about other games but I recently went back to an older game than UO. If anyone wants to see just how incredible an older game can be run I'd suggest checking out dragonrealms. It's a text base mmorpg but I feel a TON of their ideas could easily translate to UO as far as their communication with the community and their overall organization. Enough so that I've already signed up for their prime service ($40).
Google "dragonrealms" and the site that has it is full of RED FLAGS GO THERE AT YOUR OWN HUGE RISK

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am getting ready to get slammed. When is it TROLL to give a warning about a potential hack site like dragonrealms that has red flags all over it from a trusted site like Norton

Nai_msc

Adventurer
I think BS will got their benefits if UO will earn more money. Even with EA) i just think its new reality, where you can buy cosmetic items for real money. So do we. But we got weird Britanian robes, instead some really cool items, that a lot people wish to.
It’s more like philosophical question thread, where I wanna ask your opinion, about why people don’t wanna make easiest money, when you can create outstanding high value and expensive item with a few click, and simply get money with saving game balance.

Last edited:

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How did it get into the game in the first place? Dropped out of the UO sky? Oh wait we have no sky.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think BS will got their benefits if UO will earn more money. Even with EA) i just think its new reality, where you can buy cosmetic items for real money. So do we. But we got weird Britanian robes, instead some really cool items, that a lot people wish to.
It’s more like philosophical question thread, where I wanna ask your opinion, about why people don’t wanna make easiest money, when you can create outstanding high value and expensive item with a few click, and simply get money with saving game balance.
You really think EA is going to give up any more money to BS? EA has got to be one of if not the most money hungry company out there that really could care less about customer service in fact it is one of the highest rated companies for the poorest customer service around. EA pays BS XXX amount of dollars to support DAoC and UO and I doubt that they will give up anything as long as the contract is valid, yes there may be a clause to increase payment by say 5% each year due to rent/utilities increase but that would be it.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How did it get into the game in the first place? Dropped out of the UO sky? Oh wait we have no sky.
If I am not mistaken it was a bug/exploit that allowed it and by the time it was caught tons of the stuff was out there so they banned it then they un-banned it and every body that had it brought it out of hiding LOL I am not sure if it is still able to make more of the stuff or not so if it is a rare please do not ruin it for the people that have it kind of like all the mini house deeds that they put in the store.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Then how did I name a constellation after you if there is no sky?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am getting ready to get slammed. When is it TROLL to give a warning about a potential hack site like dragonrealms that has red flags all over it from a trusted site like Norton
Not sure what you or norton is talking about. Simutronics has been around a very very long time. So not sure where you're getting your info but it's wrong.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure what you or norton is talking about. Simutronics has been around a very very long time. So not sure where you're getting your info but it's wrong.
google it and find out for yourself. It is hosted by play.net and even that site has red flags on it. Enter at your own risk, NO THANK YOU.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
google it and find out for yourself. It is hosted by play.net and even that site has red flags on it. Enter at your own risk, NO THANK YOU.
Yeah you're right it's a hacker site. First they designed a site back in the early 90's, then they convinced millions to play their games, and even convinced the stillwatergroup to purchase them. Which btw the Stillwater group is currently traded on NASDAQ. All this just to get your UO password. Before making accusations you really should actually look into it.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well it is obvious that you people do not use any reliable antivirus that warns you if you are entering a known bad site or if you google/bing them so go right ahead and who gives a **** about your UO password there is a lot more important things on your computer than that, what a stupid remark. I did look into it maybe you should and stop advertising a hack to UO players or is this how you get your money.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well it is obvious that you people do not use any reliable antivirus that warns you if you are entering a known bad site or if you google/bing them so go right ahead and who gives a **** about your UO password there is a lot more important things on your computer than that, what a stupid remark. I did look into it maybe you should and stop advertising a hack to UO players or is this how you get your money.
There are a lot of legitimate websites that get flagged like that on antivirus software packages. Some of them even flag UO itself as high risk, and for a while Stratics was also listed as high risk on some due to temporary security certificate issues. Antivirus programs don't actually know whether or not a website is dangerous, they just make a guess based on other factors like the types of ads run on a site, which country hosts it, when the security certificate was last updated etc.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm just going to drop this. The fact you are accusing me of spreading hacks in regards to a game that has been around since at least 95 is ridiculous. Those who do know me know just how ludicrous that is. Have a nice day.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm just going to drop this. The fact you are accusing me of spreading hacks in regards to a game that has been around since at least 95 is ridiculous. Those who do know me know just how ludicrous that is. Have a nice day.
You've got a good idea. If I continue, I'll pick up another flag about insulting people.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
iam just glad that i "got rid" all of my glacial **** before it went nuts, avoided me plats in loss...

iam fully on the side to put stuff like that for a big price in the shop or use it as a gold sink

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
iam just glad that i "got rid" all of my glacial **** before it went nuts, avoided me plats in loss...

iam fully on the side to put stuff like that for a big price in the shop or use it as a gold sink
Cant say i didnt try to warn everyone about that scam... I also believed i was given some warnings for trolling the sellers of that crap...

Anyone wanting read up on some short history its pretty entertaining.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Cant say i didnt try to warn everyone about that scam... I also believed i was given some warnings for trolling the sellers of that crap...

That thread is even better from a moderator's viewpoint since there's a lot of deleted posts which involved the corrupt people accusing others of their exact corruption. I enjoyed this series of posts in particular:

Untitled.png

"If there was lots of glacial cloth why wouldn't it be sold by now? Therefore there isn't, oh except this one guy I can blame for it if I get exposed for having a lot"

Untitled55.png

"Now that my first post was deleted, let me switch my opinion to yeah more cloth exists for sure, but it's in small quantities only"

3.png

"Oh, nevermind guys, now that I've been caught....yeah so I had a glacial dye tub with unlimited amounts of this cloth I was claiming was rare and in small quantities only.....but....I had some before that too so let me deflect real quick and blame other people for its existence instead of myself, even though I've been lying to you all in this thread about thinking it was small quantities only"

Ahh UO scheming....at its finest.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That thread is even better from a moderator's viewpoint since there's a lot of deleted posts which involved the corrupt people accusing others of their exact corruption. I enjoyed this series of posts in particular:

View attachment 109053

"If there was lots of glacial cloth why wouldn't it be sold by now? Therefore there isn't, oh except this one guy I can blame for it if I get exposed for having a lot"

View attachment 109054

"Now that my first post was deleted, let me switch my opinion to yeah more cloth exists for sure, but it's in small quantities only"

View attachment 109055

"Oh, nevermind guys, now that I've been caught....yeah so I had a glacial dye tub with unlimited amounts of this cloth I was claiming was rare and in small quantities only.....but....I had some before that too so let me deflect real quick and blame other people for its existence instead of myself, even though I've been lying to you all in this thread about thinking it was small quantities only"

Ahh UO scheming....at its finest.
Haha

If we ever meet up RL ill employ a harpist, a fire tender and a nice rug to tell you my side of that particular story. :) Might even have to get @Lord Nabin To bring some of that stuff he's always smoking... :)

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

dont worry, i was fully aware that this might end up getting deleted, i just wanted to have it, in the end i think i lost about 500m instead of 5p ish. but that was just from the fact that i had to sell it cheaper after they started to delete it.

and before someone now starts rating "you sold illegal cloth and the other guy got scammed"
-> the other guy was fully aware of what he is buying and he still wanted and to my knowledge still has it
-> this was right at the time when Clops got banned and i nearly lost my keep. Mesanna knew that i had this cloth and she did not delete it.. so why should i sit on it before she or someone else change their mind...

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I personally don’t like glacier color but I don’t see why they don’t allow those that have it keep it and add it in game as a rare drop kinda like the yellow poka dot bikini

If something ends up in game as an exploit either remove it immediately or add it not this bs of its illegal then it’s not then it is bs.

They could have dealt with this ASAP and didn’t that’s on them not the paying customers.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Prime Example of Messana's pets being able to do what they want.