• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Giving is Good! By the Bum Dog Catcher

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Was taming - spawning dogs tonight at the Wield.
So I get my first Red Dog ... Tamed him. With my bum tamer. So my trembling hands fellow tamer was there also. Complaining that I always go there. So I tell him I got this dog for him. Trying to xfer to him and would not xfer.. So took him to the cave and had him try to tame him. He disco tames dogs. So I stood there to heal as needed. Took him about 30 minutes to tame. He finally got him. He was thankful.
I go back inside again and on the right side pocket Boom, another Red one..Another, different fellow there, "can I please have him" Sure why not. This one was a "new player status" So took dog and player to the cave, and released and healed him while taming it. He was SO happy! (Dunno if he was EJ or not).
Then I go back, and this beautiful metallic light pinkish awesome beast was there waiting for me :
594 HP, 72 Cold, 75 Energy! Sweet! So I got him no problem. I get him to the cave, and this lady was there (I dunno maybe it was a lady maybe not, the darn Hawkwind Cloak makes everyone look like ladies! lol.) So she says " I been trying to talk to you", Sorry I was busy taming. Would you like this dog? " Oh I would like it so much!" No problem. So I transferred that beauty of a dog to her. She was so greatful, "thank you for helping others" the thanks could not stop. So I said no problem, enjoy. WOW I gave away 3 really nice dogs tonight! No fees, no gold in the bank ! But I feel good about it.
So I go back again. Last regular dog done, and oops there are only 4-5 paragons left. Nothing for me. I cannot handle paras yet. I got to build my fire beetle for this next step I reckon, one of these days.
But I feel good about this, I made 3 people happy, and that sits nicely with me. But maybe that is why I am still a Bum there? That also sits nicely with me.
Love it! Both being a Bum with crappy outfit, no Hawkwind Cloak or multi million gear, and giving!

Making other players happy is awesome! Feels great. I don't think it "spoils them", and I doubt that it removes game value from them. It is also good for promoting community, and who knows? A few more subs or resubs, and turn my greatful EJ recipient to sub? Anybody's guess. Either way. Its all for fun, in this make-belief UO world!

Compare this to griefing, arguing, and mud-slinging, deceiving, stealing, cheating and greed-sniping other peoples efforts. An exact opposite approach that only brings pain and negative feeling overall.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well done mate, that's the spirit :)

Remember that guy you met in the twisted wealds that gave you a CU back then? You sure do. Remember that fancy Luna guy that tried to sell you a pet for 100 mil? Nah, me neither ;)

Hope you are not pissing off the UO $$$ whales. If it cuts into their profits, you will have your way of taming them nerfed faster than light.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Making other players happy is awesome! Feels great. I don't think it "spoils them", and I doubt that it removes game value from them. It is also good for promoting community, and who knows? A few more subs or resubs, and turn my greatful EJ recipient to sub? Anybody's guess. Either way. Its all for fun, in this make-belief UO world!
I think spoiling them would be to stand in Haven and gift them a CU straight when they spawn.
When you meet them in the twisted wealds and they ask you for a CU, it's their own will.

But I hear you man, it's such a thin line sometimes! :)

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I’ve give several stuff to several ppl but I don’t need to post it on stratics
I guess you can look at it that way. I persomally see it as someone demonstrating that you don't have to be a uo billionaire to spready a little happiness to others and thus providing a better game for everyone. Hence the half empty comment.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice!

Next time when a pet will not transfer you need to feed the pet and it will transfer.

Releasing it and retaiming causes the melee skills to drop from 60 to 40.

That NOOB probably thinks his pets sux cause it can't hit anything.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Nice!

Next time when a pet will not transfer you need to feed the pet and it will transfer.

Releasing it and retaiming causes the melee skills to drop from 60 to 40.

That NOOB probably thinks his pets sux cause it can't hit anything.
Good info! Thanks!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep, i gave away a pure white Cu to a guildy, and not sure what i'm gonna do with that crappy Black Cu that one of my tamers is holding now.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Redding California... we need a bum catcher. :cool:

Would clean up the streets quite a bit.

Would have been so nice if they made tigers in the same way as the big dogs. Being a CAT person, I dont like dogs... but the only dogs I like are amazing hunting dogs in game. :p