• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Giving 2,000,00 for the best Definition

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
The best Definition of pwning someone.

(The winner will be announced on Whispering Rose Radio at the PaxKratOkuC auction house on Tuesday at 8pm est.)

They will also receive a statue with their saying and name on it which will be displayed in the auction house until it collapses.

All submissions must be here on this forum.

and Yes a Definition like "Me Killing Gareth" is accepted.

:thumbsup: Goodluck.

S

Sir Achilles

The best Definition of pwning someone.

(The winner will be announced on Whispering Rose Radio at the PaxKratOkuC auction house on Tuesday at 8pm est.)

They will also receive a statue with their saying and name on it which will be displayed in the auction house until it collapses.

All submissions must be here on this forum.

and Yes a Definition like "Me Killing Gareth" is accepted.

:thumbsup: Goodluck.

Pwning: Noun, Verb. : Beating someone so badly 1v1 or 5v5 or outnumbered that the person who "pwned" was barely scratched (didn't go below half life during the fight).

C

Clair

I would describe "pwning" someone as a situation where the "pwner" induces a feeling in the "pwnee" similar to the feeling Tigger induces in Rabbit when he bounces on top of him. This feeling is primarily characterized by sensations of frustration and defeat in the "pwnee." The "pwner' often gets a perverse satisfaction associated with inflicting this feeling upon the "pwnee."

T

Turdnugget

To pwn: Where the person who get's owned... you know reacts in either complete befuddlement, or acts like this (Caution:explicit content)

A proper 'pwn' can be either verbal, or brought to pass by physical means. Typically, being pwned, is like you weren't at your keyboard when you got murdered, but you were, then you start making up silly excuses as to why you just got wtfpwnt...like the cat walked across the keyboard, your mother came in, your brother was DL'ing pron, you got a client error etc.

Being the giver of the 'pwn' makes you crack a smile IRL because you know that you just completely obliterated someone in an online game and you know deep down inside of them, they feel a little upset over a video game.

N

Nastia Cross

To pwn: the act of gloating over someone you defeated (no matter what the situation) in order to increase your e-peen and moreover your sense of self-worth IRL; a term used to describe the juvenile drive to belittle or embarass others, usually coupled with an inordinate amount of boasting and chest beating (also screen shot posting and rambling posts with no punctuation or spell check).

To get pwned: the act of whining, crying, complaining etc after losing (no matter what the situation), usually coupled with accusations of cheating, hacking, scripting etc; a term used to describe a sore loser's tendancy to think that they are better than everyone else and the only way they could lose is if someone else cheated (pwned people are usually pwners when they actually can win).

Example: Guild A beats Guild B in Despise, Guild A proceeds to taunt and name call Guild B's ghosts. Guild A=pwners
Example: Guild B posts on Stratics that Guild A runs "lag scripts" and can only win because of their scripts etc. Guild B=pwned

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Wow some of you are VERY creative and some of you are hilarious!!! This is going to be hard! heh

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think of pwnage more as a pavlovian dog syndrome. People try to enact some reaction out of others ie the act of defeating them to try to make them feel they are losers. HOW we react or become conditioned to react will in the end really pwn or not pwn us.

IE if we permit others actions to bug our own reactions, for any amt. of time, they will or do or can...OWN US. ONLY WE can OWN our own emotions or reactions to anything in game or rl.

But we become pwnd soon as we LET ALLOW, others to rule over OUR /emotions or to condition us like their own pavlovian test dog to DROLL at the mere sight of them in PHERE or anger or whatevers.

PWN your own reactions and you are NEVA OWNED. NEVER ! When we do NOT permit others actions words, to ruin our day...we are FREE AT LAST, not owned. :) Dismiss em like so much corrosion which you will not permit upon your steel piping or as cholestrol your arteries do NOT need. :) The moment ya take it into your self ...it will OWN YOU or destroy ya.

So think of some folks as a lot of gunky empty caloric bacon fat drippings your arteries do NOT need to, take in nor let pwn ya. :)

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
The contest is on hold until next Tuesday. For the wait I have doubled the prize gold to 2,000,000.

No auction today sorry. See you next week.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is this picture that is in the stickied FAQ on the Siege forum bout pvp and I had done some pictures of assorted types of roosters & kelmo or Petra stickied myoriginal post in there..

anyways... this one be one that may be owned !! :)

He's just kinda clueless that he 'is owned' but he kinda stuck there in the fencing *field spell* so to speak, so...he looked owned to me. :)

M

Mr Moosestache

SUMMON PWNED!

TAILOR PWNED!

PHOTOSHOP PWNED!

PAXLAIR PWNED!

GM PWNED!

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend