• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Girlfriend says I can play more...

???

• It's a TRAP!

Votes: 28 73.7%
  • Coolest Girlfriend ever.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • You really have a girlfriend?

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
You know the answer.....

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's a trap... she has an ulterior motive to say that..... ie boyfriend on the side... gambling problem... or she thinks you are annoying and clinggy...

LOL...

I gave up men long time ago.... they are annoying. Either they want you to watch the crap they call t.v. with them... or they are always wanting help with **** then yelling at you for not knowing 10x more than they do.

"Hun... come help me put a new water pump on the car."
"Um... ok..."
Work begins... I try to tell him he needs to be watching where things go... he hits his hand on things 3 or 4 times... gets bitchy tells me to go away...
hours later:
"Get out here!"
"What?"
"Which of these belts goes on here?"
"Hell if I know I didn't take it apart. If you had listened to me .... they would have been out in order of how they came off."

Anyway... It's a Trap for sure. What she really wants is you to give her some space and fix something. She wants to control the TV... be sure to leave the remote where she can find it.

Trap my friend. I am staring into the barrel of the same gun right now. I was told "you don't play as much as you used to" by my SO. I don't have the slightest clue what it means, but every alarm in my head is going off. You know those same alarms went off for you, or else you wouldn't have created this poll

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's a trap... she has an ulterior motive to say that..... ie boyfriend on the side... gambling problem... or she thinks you are annoying and clinggy...

LOL...

I gave up men long time ago.... they are annoying. Either they want you to watch the crap they call t.v. with them... or they are always wanting help with **** then yelling at you for not knowing 10x more than they do.

"Um... ok..."
Work begins... I try to tell him he needs to be watching where things go... he hits his hand on things 3 or 4 times... gets bitchy tells me to go away...
hours later:
"Get out here!"
"What?"
"Which of these belts goes on here?"
"Hell if I know I didn't take it apart. If you had listened to me .... they would have been out in order of how they came off."

Anyway... It's a Trap for sure. What she really wants is you to give her some space and fix something. She wants to control the TV... be sure to leave the remote where she can find it.
Typical woman. Always blaming a guy when obviously its their fault. :p

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

LOL...

I gave up men long time ago.... they are annoying.
So clingy is OK with you?;)

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Um... ok..."
Work begins..
Not sure what kind of men you've been with, but these words have NEVER come out of my mouth, nor any of my friends mouths...in general its actually like this:
"Hun, I'M going to replace the water pump in the car"
"Umm ok"
*later, walk in project done, sit down*
Her: "Hun can you do X?"
Me: umm ok
....her...: "No! Do it like this!....
Me: *death stare*
Her: *leaves room*

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So clingy is OK with you?;)
Hell no I find clinggy irritational... My Brother-in-law is somewhat like that... He wants to watch something on TV says something.... so my sister says "fine watch that I'm going to read a book." Next thing the TV is off and hes in reading a book with her... she HATES this.

Personally my "perfect" man would probably play the same games I do... Enjoy RP and PvE...
He wouldn't smoke or drink... and he'd like to cook.

But IMO that kind of man does not exist. I'd settle for one with a hell of a lot of money and a job that keeps him gone 95% of the time. Just leave the card hun... see ya.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Eventually... I do have her playing Breath of the Wild. It all starts with a Zelda game.
Right be sure to sell her on Pets, Housing and Crafting. Unless she has killer instincts... Make her a tamer... let her go.
Yeppp... if she is like most of the ladies I know.. show her the 18x18 and all the deco stuff. Tell her you would never gripe about her "rearranging" the house in game ...

hours and hours of peace :D

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hell no I find clinggy irritational... My Brother-in-law is somewhat like that... He wants to watch something on TV says something.... so my sister says "fine watch that I'm going to read a book." Next thing the TV is off and hes in reading a book with her... she HATES this.

Personally my "perfect" man would probably play the same games I do... Enjoy RP and PvE...

But IMO that kind of man does not exist. I'd settle for one with a hell of a lot of money and a job that keeps him gone 95% of the time. Just leave the card hun... see ya.
LOL My mom married a truck driver for this reason. Whenever she starts to get fidgety and ornery he just jumps in his truck and takes a haul to Washington state from Florida.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

But IMO that kind of man does not exist...
I am only 3 out of five...

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I almost qualify. I miss it on the smoking :)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i can think of few things in life id like less then if my wife of 24 years would start playing UO.

UO is ME time!!!

but we do play Black Op's together and she is one hell of a team mate on Black Op's!
nothing makes me smile more than when my wife yells "Frag out!"

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am only 3 out of five...
I drink and I work from home. Priya says "Happiness never leaves the home." Meaning I'm always there and she gets no alone time. Me playing on the computer is not considered her alone time.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apparently the show he wanted to watch couldn't hold a candle to being in the same room with the one who has his heart. :)

I'm on his side. I know the feeling. :thumbup:

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Luckily, my wife agrees that I should have my own time after our son sleeps. She believes 1 or 2 hours game time is healthy aftering finishing all works. You know that‘s my UO time. But she never said I can play more !

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran

Haven't drank or smoked for 5 years now and I never really got into drugs, detest the cursed stuff to be honest. I can't cook though. -_____-

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Next -------}

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
She's got herself a Womanizer W500. :tongue:

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It could be a double-edged sword. On the other hand, the girlfriend could be a reasonable young woman who doesn't care for gaming and feels secure enough to essentially say, "You do your thing and I'll do mine. It's cool." Just a thought..

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
My definition of "the perfect man" has changed considerably over the years. When I was young, I was attracted to, shall we say, "control freaks". Today, at the ripe old age of 71, I see the perfect man as "gone twelve months out of the year". :p

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
My definition of "the perfect man" has changed considerably over the years. When I was young, I was attracted to, shall we say, "control freaks". Today, at the ripe old age of 71, I see the perfect man as "gone twelve months out of the year". :p
At the young age of 37, that is pretty much my very own definition of a perfect man too!
It is all good as long they aren't with me! :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
At the young age of 37, that is pretty much my very own definition of a perfect man too!
It is all good as long they aren't with me! :p
My feeling is having been "single" now for so long... a man would just mess up my schedule. I can't think of what I would need one for... unless it would be for paying at least 1/2 the bills and then I'd just need a good roommate not a man and it wouldn't matter what sex the person was so long as they didn't have annoying habits. I already have a house full of free loaders...

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I'm all of those things, but i bet my wife would get a little jealous. just sayin . . .

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Um... so you have money and your gone all the time?
I knew something was missing from the "gone twelve months out of the year" remark.
Obviously, it should have read, "Rich, exceedingly generous, and gone twelve months out of the year." ;)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I knew something was missing from the "gone twelve months out of the year" remark.
Obviously, it should have read, "Rich, exceedingly generous, and gone twelve months out of the year." ;)
Gads girl, and here I'd formed the opinion over the years you were likely a true ray of sunshine to go through life with. :blushing:

I'm a fan of traveling through life with a woman walking by my side unless I'm walking by hers. If I couldn't wake up most days and brighten my day immediately simply by turning my head towards her pillow and seeing her there I'd be looking for another to share my life with.:D

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Gads girl, and here I'd formed the opinion over the years you were likely a true ray of sunshine to go through life with. :blushing:

I'm a fan of traveling through life with a woman walking by my side unless I'm walking by hers. If I couldn't wake up most days and brighten my day immediately simply by turning my head towards her pillow and seeing her there I'd be looking for another to share my life with.:D
Oh, Tanivar, I can still be a true ray of sunshine... to be friends with, of course. Beyond friendship... well, I suspect our paths through life have been quite different. I do appreciate your eternal optimism, though. :)