• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) [GIMP] is born!

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I respect nearly everyone I encounter (to some degree, and with various levels of precautions). I make my decisions about each person as I meet them, regardless of their guild tag (although the company a person chooses does speak of they themselves). When it comes to gaming, every single style of player has its enjoyment, even if I consistently end up as a ghost when bumping into them. No matter WHAT happens when I log into UO, I will find a way to enjoy it because that is why I am here.

Over my years of playing on Siege, off and on, I have come to learn that this mentality is not really suited for guildhood. I simply do not belong with any guild. Guilds, for all their advantages, never seem to quite work out for me. Some are just a lil too dastardly for me, and still others are far too... well, virtuous. There is also my tendency to vanish for months, indeed years, on end with little or no notice.

While I have moved from guild to guild, and had many generous offers to join still others, I have decided that the solitary life is the only way for me. I choose not to be responsible for the actions of anyone else, nor have anyone else take retribution for my words or deeds. If I go on a hunt in The Lost Lands with a group of murderous thugs, I expect to die along side them if we're raided. The same if I join a virtuous guild for the same hunt. As a neutral party, I will not defend either side nor expect anyone to defend me. It is unlikely that I would defend even myself, preferring to spend what precious moments I have alive emoting such things as *Screams in abject terror!*

If the raiders choose not to slaughter (or at least not loot) me, that is on me entirely. If they take every stitch of clothing in my possession, so be it! I am not a spy. This trust must be earned with whatever group of people invites me to tag along, for I have no true loyalties other than my own code of honor.

That said, I have created my own personal guild for the purpose of occasionally forming the occasional alliance. Some may be more fleeting than others. Only this can be known for certain: anyone on Siege bearing this tag is ME.

Gathering of Imaginary Masterful Players [GIMP]

Seriously? How old is Siege Perilous, and that guild tag is still available? It is so PERFECT for me! :grin:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You would still fit perfect in TDO, as that very much are our rules too :)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel much the same way. My Siege guild has only my two characters ( [LBSS} Laid Back Souls of Siege) and my main prodo shard guild is, with one special exception, my nineteen characters there. I play when I play and do what sounds like fun to me at the time. :)

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Tanager I always enjoyed our little run ins and chats :) You know I'll never murder ya on game! Great to know that you are still here and playing :) I love how well you put everything in your opinion it was well said. I imagine everyone will be sure to understand your thoughts!

Charles

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Good on Tanager.. That seems like a very good way to go! We've met in game and in Ventrilo. I'd be hard pressed to kill you for any reason other than self preservation. :)