• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Gilfane's Champion of Honor is dead!

Kheloth

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Gilfanes ways of controlling the free lands have been dealt a serious blow this morning:
The free loving folk from HOoO (Hidden Order of Outcasts) represented by Lyssa and myself took on their champion who stood guard at the town sigil.

1stfight.jpg
The freedom fighters were surely astonished to realize that the townguard of the supposedly richest and greatest town of them all was so poorly equipped:
2nd picture of fight.png

The loot was shaby aswell:
3rdfightpic.jpg

So all there is to say:
Gilfane cannot protect their own town!
It is a shame that governor Victim will not be available to lead the fortunes of the city of Vesper.
Let's hope someone strong will stand up to take over from him!

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gilfanes ways of controlling the free lands have been dealt a serious blow this morning:
The free loving folk from HOoO (Hidden Order of Outcasts) represented by Lyssa and myself took on their champion who stood guard at the town sigil.

View attachment 66142
The freedom fighters were surely astonished to realize that the townguard of the supposedly richest and greatest town of them all was so poorly equipped:
View attachment 66143

The loot was shaby aswell:
View attachment 66144

So all there is to say:
Gilfane cannot protect their own town!
It is a shame that governor Victim will not be available to lead the fortunes of the city of Vesper.
Let's hope someone strong will stand up to take over from him!
It is my hopes that the Great and Powerful oz, err @SpyderBite will take the reigns

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm confused. What does Vesper have to do with Gilfane's Home? It's on the complete opposite side of the continent.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Kheloth

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm confused. What does Vesper have to do with Gilfane's Home? It's on the complete opposite side of the continent.

OoC: Spyder you are also in Gilfane. Gilfane and their allies already have most if not all spots of the governors. I was/am hoping that someone else could pick it up outside of Gilfane so we could start an "opposition" on that side too. If noone wants to take it, I am glad someone wants to pick it up, but I thought it might be a good idea for someone to take it outside of Gilfane.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh. I see. Well I'm by no means the King's favorite person. Not to mention my extremely sloth-like attitude about"work".

So I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What exactly does a governor do outside keeping trade deal going? Like in New Magincia, the only thing I have seen the governor do is keep trade deal in place which I totally appreciate. So yeah it is cool the governor, logs in and click renew button. But past that I do not see anything else that the governor does that benefits the citizens. I have heard talk of people getting together with King and have a backwoods circle jerk once a month, but again what does that role playing get anyone else in game? Events are held by the citizens of Siege for the citizens of Siege. I will say new EM of late is doing great on events. So please step up and enlighten me, I would appreciate it.

Nothing but love for ya,

Baby Doll

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What exactly does a governor do outside keeping trade deal going? Like in New Magincia, the only thing I have seen the governor do is keep trade deal in place which I totally appreciate. So yeah it is cool the governor, logs in and click renew button. But past that I do not see anything else that the governor does that benefits the citizens. I have heard talk of people getting together with King and have a backwoods circle jerk once a month, but again what does that role playing get anyone else in game? Events are held by the citizens of Siege for the citizens of Siege. I will say new EM of late is doing great on events. So please step up and enlighten me, I would appreciate it.

Nothing but love for ya,

Baby Doll
They sit in those weird , who goes where chairs, in a straight line..so i would call it a backwoods straight line jerk ? heh, ahh brevity....

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
*waves a wand* Lumos!

The Govs can give citizens titles to display under their name. Few do, however, that I see. They can set messages on city boards, tho it does not appear that most take full advantage of that, either.

The meetings are an RP way to ask for EM help with any events hosted by the city, and EM Kincaid is also including player towns. For example, Blackthorn (Kincaid) had offered to have gold-laden monsters shipped in to various cities, that citizens can slay and donate the gold to the coffers on an honor system. This was to help with the costs of the trade deals. I have not seen this, but I have been focused on Soulless Minions after my work day and have not been keeping up with the city thing. If these monsters are spawned within the GZ of the city, it might be enough to get folks to get out there. I don't care if that sounds trammy, I just wanna see Siege folk out an about.

Also, a governor of any city - Britannian or player-run - has but to ask and Royal Guards such as the one slain here are hired to assist in defending against Soulless Minions. The crown will also hire healers in the name of the cause, to patrol in places they are never otherwise seen.

I love that Siege has random, very aggressive monsters running amok thru the streets of our cities. Not gonna see that very often in Trammel.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Personally, I would love to see the minions and other similar baddies as a permanent addition to Siege. I'll admit I was clueless as to the point of this thread. Lyssa and Kheloth pop in every 6 months or so , so I don't really know them, and have no clue if this HOoO is a recognized city (with this EM it probably is since apparently UWSP only being a month old or so is now a city), so thanks for clarifying that. I would rather see things added to our environment to liven it up or make things more "eventful" than this current method of setting up timed events that only a minority are able to attend. And lets not kid ourselves, if more people miss an event than attend it, somethings wrong.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
There are people online during an event time that simply choose not to go. In fact, I would hazard a guess that even if the PERFECT time was chosen, where all players could attend, the majority still would not. Their template relies on gear, and they do not wish to risk losing that gear. Death frustrates them. Falling at the hands of a murderer hurts their ego. They are convinced they won't get a drop, and therefor have zero interest. I dunno, lots of reasons. In any case, these all day events, spanning multiple days, do seem to work best for Siege. That way folks can sneak around, whispering thru grapevines, and still have fun with the event.

Anyway, I was replying to Baby Doll's question. As for the original post... guess it got derailed lol. I'm not sure they play Siege enough to understand why that guard was even there... I think they just felt like insulting some one :) Perhaps they will come to today's event for the Rebellion.