• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) [GIL] leadership transfers from Hoffs to Reuggan

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Earth Date
March 10, 2018

Britannian Date

December 23, 390

On this day, the Siege Perilous Historical Society [SPHS] arrived early at Gilfane Citadel to witness the transition of Keeper of the Hall, leader of Gilfane [GIL] from Hoffs to Reuggan. Hoffs, one of Siege Perilous' most controversial figures, has served in this role (for this current term) over the past 6 years.
Hoffs has courted controversy during those years by increasingly withdrawing [GIL] from shard-wide activities or styling White Alliance efforts as those of the shard itself. This created notable successes, namely the Void Pool record for all UO shards (more than once!), but also proved divisive among neutral or Vice allied guilds.

Opening the ceremony, and in a moment of admirable self-awareness, Hoffs accepted that his personal tendency over the past year to retreat from public activity on the shard, and unwillingness to engage the community in what can be described as tumultuous times, no longer benefited the greater good of Gilfane. Regardless of past criticism, this admission inspired a certain respect, and it should be noted that over these past few years many guilds have come and gone, but none remained as organized or large as Gilfane.

keeper1.jpg

The ceremony was short, and surprisingly low in attendance. Half of the participants were members of various other guilds, especially from [UWSP].

keeper2.jpg

Hoffs requested approval from past (deceased?) Keepers of the Hall, but initial attempts to summon their shades proved unsuccessful.

keeper3.jpg

Ultimately the spirit of Lord Loderick, Third Keeper of the Hall, appeared and provided a ghostly nod.

keeper4.jpg

Reuggan's first act as Keeper was to admonish Hoffs for holding the Staff of Lore, symbol of the Keeper and only to be held by that position, to which Hoffs relinquished (and was summarily beaten with it by Reuggan).

keeper5.jpg

After a brief thanks, Reuggan led the assembled to the monthly Gilfane auction (another success of Hoffs' leadership).

Best of luck to the new Keeper, and I encourage members on all sides of the shard to see this as an opportunity for closing past divides.

- Calavera

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks a lot, Silent!
I was stuck at work so I appreciate your post.

Fogsbane

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll join the chorus of Thank Yous for posting this. RL has kept my UO time sporadic at best for the last few and I missed both this and the Auction today. Best wishes to Hoffs, Reuggan, and GIL.

MANSBETH

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow....Well said Silent !
Eloquently stated :)

Congrats Rueggan!

Sarah

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thank You for the post. I too was stuck at work and barely got home in time for the auction. I appreciate the pictures also.

Lady Sarah