• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Giant Turkeys

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do they still spawn? Had this asked of me by my wife. and if so, how do you spawn them?

I had read long ago they could still spawn if you killed enough regular turkeys, is this still true?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
check around the holiday periods from Nov-Dec. 7-2-200005.jpg 7-2-200006.jpg
Clicking on these during those dates

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can make a giant turkey to spawn by killing the smaller turkeys, it's a low chance but it can happen. HOWEVER, there is absolutely no reason to spawn them. They don't have anything worthwhile for loot (no giant turkey feathers, no maps, none of the original rewards.

check around the holiday periods from Nov-Dec. View attachment 109813 View attachment 109814
Clicking on these during those dates
Those will NOT spawn a giant turkey.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There used to be a decent turkey spawn right outside the front of Daemon Temple. I spawned a lot of giant turkeys there over the years, but been awhile since I've tried.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fine if they make the Giant Turkeys tameable and rideable I am leading the UO Thanksgiving Day Parade on a Giant Turkey.

Seriously guys with the looks of things a Virtual Thanksgiving Day Parade in UO maybe all we get.