• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Giant space

H

Hoody

I was just wondering, maybe i missed out on something but, east of vesper on every shard theres a huge space, looks very odd on map, like the woods just suddenly been cut in a perfect square, was this part of an event because i cant remember being there before :/

G

Theres are 2 or 3 castle placed on differnt shards on that same spot...no idea how they did it...drachs rings a bell ''fell side'' i think..and catskills ''tram side''??

G

Many years ago these were supposed to be for a competition but as far as I remember the plans were never properly followed through.

H

Hoody

Strange, i cant recall seeing this space, and ive travelled past this area quite a few times, the odd shape of it on the map means im pretty sure i would have rememberd it.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been there a very, very long time - and like you, I didn't notice it, quite literally, for years!

I'd also heard it was land 'put aside' for special events or house placements, but never knew from when, or why.

G

Like i say there is a castle on that square on some shards...no idea how?

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I vaguely remember a 'win a castle' campaign with the launch of an expansion - AoS? - so maybe they used the space then?

Edit - I'm not meaning the Samurai Empire 'win a castle in Malas' promotion, I've a vague feeling there was another one before that....

And another edit - I was thinking of this part of the 'buddy' program, back in 2002

"The Ultima Online™ Bring A Friend To Britannia Program"

"2. Prizes; Winner Selection and Notification. One (1) UO Game Castle on UO Game Shards will be awarded as a prize during each of the 14 weeks of this Program (hereinafter, the "Prize"). UO Castles are in-game real estate and Shards represent in-game locations in which to live. There is no cash value to these prizes"

G

MUst have been the latter that makes sense..maybe they were only won on a few shards then the program stopped.