• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ghosts, champ spawns, exorcism

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IMO if a ghost hasn't moved in say 4 or 5 min then it should automatically log the account out... connection lost disconnected from server. If the person really just died they aren't likely to stand about doing nothing for hours on end... so therefore they ought to just be logged out.

If this happens more than 3 times in an hour then they can't log back in for say 2 hours. That should fix it.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
IMO if a ghost hasn't moved in say 4 or 5 min then it should automatically log the account out... connection lost disconnected from server. If the person really just died they aren't likely to stand about doing nothing for hours on end... so therefore they ought to just be logged out.

If this happens more than 3 times in an hour then they can't log back in for say 2 hours. That should fix it.
The "moving" part may not work..scripts of all kinds can have a ghost move, even a few steps..So if they put anything that would be meant to be effective, should be a timer on being a ghost altogether. If more than a certain appropriate time, then either log off or even better, send to a shrine, or even worse, send to Luna bank area, so if rezzed and red, get guard-whacked..lol

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
so if rezzed and red, get guard-whacked
:confused: Hmm... have you played UO recently (at least past 5-10 years)? Reds are allowed in any town now with no guard issues... they haven't had to fear the fatal one hit guard whack for quite a long time now :D

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
:confused: Hmm... have you played UO recently (at least past 5-10 years)? Reds are allowed in any town now with no guard issues... they haven't had to fear the fatal one hit guard whack for quite a long time now :D
Not too familiar with reds, but if a red is in a guarded area or town, and someone calls guard, are reds still safe from "divine" intervention?
Another interesting thought: Can a red in Luna attack you and he will still be safe?
And another one: Reds can only rez with evil or red healers usually in Fel?
Interesting info..

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

@celticus pointed out, that's not hard to circumvent. No technical solution will work without hurting honest players the most (same as EJ).

Those discussions always sound like there are hundreds of players running those things, while in reality its half a dozen people which BS is just to scared to ban over taking their subs.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All the devs have to do is reactivate the exorcism spell, make it work anywhere in fel.

DEVS!!!

@IMPORTANTPEOPLE
@PEOPLETHATMAKECHANGES
@COMMONSENSE

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@celticus pointed out, that's not hard to circumvent. No technical solution will work without hurting honest players the most (same as EJ).

Those discussions always sound like there are hundreds of players running those things, while in reality its half a dozen people which BS is just to scared to ban over taking their subs.
I'm aware it's the same greedy people that do most of these things and then swear they are just good folk... they get all the stuff they have legally... etc... But the fact is they have a lot of accounts more than I have.

But my feeling is they are using EJ accounts for things of this nature... and why not??? Who's going to stop them?

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I understand how it was supposed to work. The thing is that the game has evolved....specifically with EJ accounts being abused. In fel, there is zero reason to not have the spell work everywhere.

swroberts

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do ghosts have to be invisible anyway... I always thought that was a pain when trying to get rezzed

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are visible if you have spirit speak at gm. Heh. Then you can walk around and see all the heckfaces doing heckface thangs on their ej accounts.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Deeevvvvvvvvvs. Fix dis pleez.

p.s. women's soccer is more entertaining than men's soccer. Ponytails are hot.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Devs, put this on the schedule for fix actions, please.

U.S. beat France, thank goodness cuz there are no good looking chicks on the French squad.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have to be able to get rid of them.....seeing them doesn't do ish to stop it. Get on a toon with gm spsp and you will see them everywhere.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Deeevvvvssss....yoooooooo. Fix this abuse!!!

Also, U.S. versus the Dutch......and I think they are the hottest team. Win win!!

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So what's stopping someone from using stealthers to watch spawn activity?
Cant kill them if you dont know they're there.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can take a red weaver, t-storm wide areas, kill them, then they will get booted out of the spawn area. If they did that, I'd be fine with it. It's using an EJ acct to park a ghost and let them sit for sosarian days on end. You can't do anything....which is wrong in fel. There SHOULD be some sort of opposite to undo it.........like exorcism.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, just figured I'd bump this. I have nothing else to add to the conversation other than this completely imbalances the whole game and ruins sosarian lives on a wholesale level.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Good luck all they seem interested in right now is sticking to their "plan" for T-Hunting fishing changes... and that's about it besides putting in new art that doesn't do anything ... and is buggy.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Man, I can't stand alllllll the deco stuff. I get that a crap ton of people dig it, there are guildies talking about it. Someone locked down a stupid firepit in the gh which just adds to the nonsense clutter . So annoying to me.

I hear more people b and moan about the gd ghost cams that are present from server up to server down than I do about having more deco or another shade of pixel for a random whateverwidget.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Devs don't actively check Stratics. Best bet to get their attention is to post this on the official forum.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you find a bug and no proof they tell you to shut up.
If you find a bug and you have proof 2 things can happen:
1. they turn it into a feature. In this case they would tell you that those ghost are lost and you should help them to get to the light and not be angry at them :D
2. they pretend they never got your message or simply ghost you so they don't have to deal with the problem (that's what happened to me with all the bug I reported about EC, they just ghost me and forget about it).

But the question is: are you sure there are still devs for this game? maybe they've been replaced by bots :lol:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pretty sure Kyronix still works there and actually works... Bleak too but I think the biggest problem comes higher up as they are constantly under the thumb of someone else who just wants them to focus on the agenda that is approved by that person... and forget everything else ...... follow the plan screw the plan when the plan isn't going right and change it and drop 90% of the plan and only implement 10% and then say they worked super hard at it. Forget that 20% of the plan that was dropped is essential for the 10% that was put out to actually function... and call it a month or even a season.... move on and don't repair the damage from the publish for 5 to 8 years hope it is just forgotten and goes away.

PageBoy

Journeyman
Not too familiar with reds, but if a red is in a guarded area or town, and someone calls guard, are reds still safe from "divine" intervention?
Another interesting thought: Can a red in Luna attack you and he will still be safe?
And another one: Reds can only rez with evil or red healers usually in Fel?
Interesting info..
Reds can be guarded only if they perform negative actions like attack or kill a blue player.

Reds can travel in Fel only

Reds can be ressed only by a red healer or by a player

PageBoy

Journeyman
Oh, almost forgot, only noobs uses ghosts to spy spawns, a stealther in llamah form works better...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

p.s. women's soccer is more entertaining than men's soccer. Ponytails are hot.
Nothing needs fixed, good lord. As someone has said, make a character with gm SS and go around and find them your damn selves, then you can report them and have them investigated. Stop requesting changes to things just because YOU don't want to be inconvenienced with them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nothing needs fixed, good lord. As someone has said, make a character with gm SS and go around and find them your damn selves, then you can report them and have them investigated. Stop requesting changes to things just because YOU don't want to be inconvenienced with them.
Oh so they can do nothing about them like the guy who is 24/7 down in Blackthorns? Wait 30+ min for him to respond? Like that works...

or the Multiboxers at EM Events... or the scripters at IDOCs? Cause that works..

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh so they can do nothing about them like the guy who is 24/7 down in Blackthorns? Wait 30+ min for him to respond? Like that works...

or the Multiboxers at EM Events... or the scripters at IDOCs? Cause that works..
I mean ghosts dont need changed. If someone has a ghost camping some place, take a ghost there and find them. Ghosts can't hide from other ghosts. As for afk cheaters and scripts etc, while not approved of by BS, they're absolutely ignored.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I mean ghosts dont need changed. If someone has a ghost camping some place, take a ghost there and find them. Ghosts can't hide from other ghosts. As for afk cheaters and scripts etc, while not approved of by BS, they're absolutely ignored.
We know where they are... trouble is you can't get rid of them... 24/7 they alert their scripting hordes that someone is doing a spawn... so they don't have to do anything but wait for the ping telling them someone has been by to come and raid... it's ridiculous... they just sit and wait... they know whatever shard you are on and where you are the instant you come into the area... Go run around as a ghost and you'll see them. Not hard to spot. They don't need to move and they don't need paid accounts for it. Thanks to EJ they can have a whole army of AFK ghost cams watching every spawn. Just so they can have the 20-second opportunity to come take you down... would seem like a boring endeavor but when you think about how many spawns there are and how little they have to do to find you ... yeah.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing needs fixed, good lord.
A good many of us may beg to differ.

Taking a ghost there to see their ghosts does absolutely nothing to help to situation.

Having a spell work in Fel that does what it’s supposed to... used against afk scripting ghost cams (literally dozens of them) gets 4 thumbs up from ALOT of players. :thumbup::thumbsup::thumbup:

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A good many of us may beg to differ.

Taking a ghost there to see their ghosts does absolutely nothing to help to situation.

Having a spell work in Fel that does what it’s supposed to... used against afk scripting ghost cams (literally dozens of them) gets 4 thumbs up from ALOT of players. :thumbup::thumbsup::thumbup:
I ran through an area as a ghost just to test and was immediately teleported to a shrine. There are at least some steps in place to combat abuse. My point was, go find the ghosts on a ghost..take a screen shot, send an email. But asking for yet more game changes that will affect others , wait what am I saying, that seems to be the norm anyway...never mind.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Garth, you're making no sense on this. Why are you against the exorcism spell being activated in fel? That's game balance. If there needs to be a timer on it, like being in stat, then fine.....that's balance.

The way it is now is utter trash. People don't even have to scout anymore. Just sit back and let free ej accounts do the work. That's abuse.

No one is arguing for anything that would affect pvp or pvm......just make a counter to the obvious abuse.