• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Ghost Race (Pre-event Story) [EM Event - Monday, March 16 at 9:00pm EST]

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"You sure this will work?" Valiquin asked hesitantly looking to his King but directing the question to the Seer.

Hurk spoke never looking up from the magical potion he was preparing, "Yes, no doubt this will do the trick. Your body will remain here quiet safe as if you are in a deep sleep and your spirit will be able to move about under your free will."

Lore spoke for the first time, "The mission that I have set before you can not be accomplished by the corporal. If there was another way..."

"No my Lord, I am happy to take on this quest. There is no place I would not venture for the good of the Kingdom."

Hurk handed Valiquin the potion, directing him to lie on the bed they had prepared. "Drink it swiftly, it won't take long."

Valiquin lifted the potion as if to toast, then brought the potion to his lips, draining the contents in one single gulp. He fell instantly asleep but Lore was prepared to catch his body and gently lay his head down on the pillow. The empty potion bottle fell to the floor with a loud crash, shattering glass in all directions.

Lore looked up from Valiquin's body in confusion, "He's dead?"

"There is only one way to enter the spirit world my lord, and that is as a spirit. It is a realm the living can not enter."

Lore's usually composed face was furled in anger, "You said he would be in a deep sleep!"

"No my lord, technically I said'it would be as if he was in a deep sleep' and is not death the deepest sleep of all?" Hurk could see that his explanation was not doing anything to improve Lore's mood so he continued. "The potion I prepared will preserve his body, he will be safe until he is ready to be revived. The magics in the potion and the manner of his passing will enable us to return him to the living at a high rate of success."

"A high rate of success!?" Lore echoed, putting his hand to his forehead

In the same instant, a spirit appeared above Valiquin's corpse and though neither Lore nor Hurk could commune with the dead, it looked none to happy.

[OOC: Ghost Race event tonight. Though I can be sure, I suggest going as a ghost or naked because its likely to require your death to participate. Meet at EM Hall outside Britain. Gates will be available from Luna and Britain Bank.]

Last edited:

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How did this go? I saw some braziers on the road to Brit the other night. I was wondering what that was :) Now I know...la

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
K'spah pulled off the greatest false start ever. I think Ander got halfway to Brit before the EM caught up.

Candy Cane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The event was fun I just kept running into healers, but I believe it was Sara behind me and when we got near healers I stop moving till they caught her to res and then I ran again. Sorry Sara! Over all it was a fun run. Maybe the best part was the false start and all the laughing in vent. Of course Tru added to the excitement by killing most everyone in the EM hall, that was fun too.