• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

getting those hard to gain taming points (Human)

S

Solus

Everyone has their opinion of what is the best way to get 100-120 animal taming. I've gone from 104 to 119 in about 10 hours in the Ki-Rin passage. If you go to the humility moongate, travel southwest through the swamp and lizardman camp, there is a path into the rocks. Enter the cave there and head east at every intersection. You'll eventually come across a lone Ki-Rin spawn with no aggressive spawns even close. He is leashed to this area so as long as you have positive Karma, he won't attack or run away. Ki-Rins give gains right up to 120. The respawn is near instant upon the Ki-Rin dying. Tame, release, honor, sick pet... repeat. If a para spawns, an untrained nightmare can kill em with vetting.

I got 0.1 point gain every few minutes (bout every 4 tames). Plus two ranks of honor and some preliminary training on my mare.

Enjoy.

Exodus - Lake Superior

D

DVDA

Dont you lose Karma if you kill Kirin after you tame/release?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, that's amazing. I don't think I could get 150 taming gains in 10 hours on one of my 80ish tamers, hehe.

BTW I can't seem to remember, can female characters tame kirins? Is the issue just being able to ride them?

D

DVDA

I spent 1 1/2 hours taming Kirins on Pacific today, I got .1 during that time...

107.1 to 107.2 YEAH!

I

Impinge

Hmm, spent 80 minutes doing this technique and only gained 0.3

S

Solus

to the guy asking about karma loss. Not if you tame them first. I was concerned about it too because they might go aggressive. As far as my above average gains, I purchased some alchemy points to use as my "down skill" with taming as my "up skill". There's some theories out there that Alchemy used to be the fastest skill to decay way back in the day, that it gives the fastest gains when you use it as your down pointed skill points. Who knows though, I thought it was above average too.

S

Solus

can't deny though that they do respawn within 20 seconds of dying.

M

mutau

Sounds like OP just got on a roll and lucky
It is possible to be in a spot that's "hot" and the points just keep coming.
I was able to go from 80ish to 115 in a matter of few hours in Animal Lore standing in about 4 tile block where Ridgebacks spawn in Compassion.

Sadly that was the first and time that ever happened to me.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is possible to be in a spot that's "hot" and the points just keep coming.
I was able to go from 80ish to 115 in a matter of few hours in Animal Lore standing in about 4 tile block where Ridgebacks spawn in Compassion.

Sadly that was the first and time that ever happened to me.

That bug i still around but it only works for animal lore as far as i know.
Went from 40-120 lore in 35 minutes back in the day. Polar bears on a boat anyone? :danceb:

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read that each area of 8x8 tiles has a certain number of gain points attached to it, and when it's drained it needs to refill over time. So taming in popular taming areas will net less gains (better to tame on a low pop shard in out of the way places?) I dunno about the validity of this or how to practically apply this information, since taming has to be done in specific areas. However next time I have to train something like magery I might go to a deserted island in fel or some other out of the way spot. :D

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I don't think 8x8 applies anymore. Think that got nerfed months ago.