• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Getting paid

G

I have seen a lot of complaints on this board about making money and how payouts are too low for anyone to do anything. I'm here to disagree with that. I have a few questions to ask that might help you out with your money making dilemma.

1. Do you own property?
2. Do you have roomies that are <u>not</u> your alt accounts?
3. Are you friendly with your roomies?

If you can answer to all 3 of these questions, I have a solution for you.

<font color="blue"> WORK AS A TEAM </font>

You have to get your roomies together with you to go to that robot factory job. You need to get your roomies to go to that money house with you. You need to get your roomies to skill with you. If everyone worked as a team instead of trying to solo their entire sim life, you can achieve that size 8 lot with big expensive things in no time.

Now I'm not saying to change your way of game play. I'm just saying if you work in team work to your play, your life would be much easier. Not to mention you would become closer with those roomies. It's also a good way to help out some new players who are just starting out. You befriend them, give them a place to stay, get them on the idea of teamwork, and making friends with the rest of the roomies along the way.

Also working in a team is a great way to build this community. If players knew they could count on someone helping them out, everyone would be more friendly.

G

And what if you own a money house? You shut down to go to work as a team?
That's not going to fly.

We have a money house where no one is making money. So they don't tip.

We're not making money, we don't run them off to go to work and we aren't getting tips.

So now what's your big solution?

G

When Dragon's Cove (old hard core city) opened, many players worked in teams to get started.

Some roomies took sim jobs and went out to work, while other roomies stayed home and kept the house open. They alternated with jobs and shifts so that they all had the opportunity of either hosting or going to work.

Robot factory and restaurant have increased payouts today - today is a very good day to go to work !

Polly

I

imported_Lady_D

Robot factory and restaurant have increased payouts today - today is a very good day to go to work !

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_Lady_D

How is that helpful if you don't get paid.. How wonderful to increase your pay when you won't receive it!
I am tired of everyone on this forum ignoring the simple point being made.
WE AREN'T GETTING ANY MONEY!

G

But we aren't "getting started" either. We are established sims with an established home and loyal guests. So you are making a moot point.

G

<blockquote><hr>

But we aren't "getting started" either. We are established sims with an established home and loyal guests. So you are making a moot point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it a moot point? Can't it work just as well for established sims/houses as for starting up?

I made the point about thats how some started in DC, thats not to say they didn't continue working together in that way once they've got established and had everything on the property that they needed.

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

And what if you own a money house? You shut down to go to work as a team?
That's not going to fly.

We have a money house where no one is making money. So they don't tip.

We're not making money, we don't run them off to go to work and we aren't getting tips.

So now what's your big solution?

[/ QUOTE ]

Solution, what Polly said:

<blockquote><hr>

When Dragon's Cove (old hard core city) opened, many players worked in teams to get started.

Some roomies took sim jobs and went out to work, while other roomies stayed home and kept the house open. They alternated with jobs and shifts so that they all had the opportunity of either hosting or going to work.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Not making it moot when you can invite new players to be your roomie till they can do the same thing.

I

imported_Lady_D

I don't mean to sound rude, but this is the same answer over and over. Frankly I don't understand everyone's obsession with this blog.. it has nothing to do with the question at hand. Please take a moment to read the actual problem.
And yes this has already been posted in the bug forum - but thanks

G

The obsession with the blog is because it is run by the developer team. Luc already posted there this morning, by posting there, you are giving the dev team your direct feedback.

If they're not aware of an issue, then they can't fix it.

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

With a relatively new bank account. How long has it been since you moved/created in EA-Land?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

As far as I know, everyone in EA-Land is getting paid working in factories and diners. Are you in EA-Land or TC3 where no one is getting paid?

I

imported_Lady_D

Gracie.. thanks for asking as it seems a bit unclear to some, but we are talking about tc3.
Now onto the second issue - I will copy the blog here that everyone would like to point to:

Working week ends
Posted in Uncategorized by Luc on the February 10th, 2008
The team is working hard this week to find a good fix for the broken objects. Long hours. We are very disappointed about the problem, and we need to not only repair your objects, but understand exactly what happened since it seems it was a move related bug.

While I am putting the hours at work, I will help those Sims in the jobs and in the skill houses. I will increase the robot factory and restaurant jobs again today. skilling will be at 140% with temporary hikes at 200%.

I will see you in game as I pop in and out to see if my fixes work,

Sincerely,

Luc

Also, I would like to refer to one of the comments left:

willowme32 said,

on February 10th, 2008 at 9:31 am

well I understand your trying to help Luc, However what about the payouts on regular objects such as but not limited to.. potion tables baords, jam tables, all money objects.. Some people are getting the money they make credited to their accounts and many others like myself are not, I have made many money objects, the money pops up over the head but never gets put into our accounts ….. oN top of this our weekily bonus money isn’t showing up, and then our visitors that use our machines to make the money , we aren’t credited for those either, I am makeing no money at all in game at TC3 …… how am I to keep my house open when I can’t get food for guest that come in, as well, as many other things, I have two code machines broken at my place, and I move them from spot to spot and it doesn’t fix instead I get more peaces comeing apart… on top that I haven’t moved at all, the object the code machine I bought from store then moved it to my lot… both machines broke in the process, or logging off and then back on. I hav no money, I just got a subcription to Ea land. I can’t believe I paid 10 dollars real life cash to play this game for the trouble I have been having, Plus wasted 7k in fake money on code machine that broke,….. my lot is logical Money in TC3 I have tried contacting lee as he said to and have not heard anything. I am really considering just canceling this account as I did in 2005 because of the cheaters, I came back to see it not only got worse but its a great disapointment to me as I was one a founder. My name in game is Izaba. both in Ea land and TC3. Thank you for listening.

Now.. yes this has been reported as a bug, and as you can see it has been posted as a comment from the blog Some people keep directing everyone to. If you will notice there has been no response to this issue.

I can appreciate how hard the developers work and the hours I'm sure they put in, but do not treat me like a child making unreasonable requests. This "bug" is causing the majority of sims in TC3 to make $0 at any and all money objects AND Jobs!!

I just thought you might appreciate a little clarification

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Ok that all makes sense now. TC3 has had payout adjustments taking place long before this weekend tho. I believe it should all be reported as a bug, however no one from the dev team has confirmed it is a bug. This may be part of their testing process.

I believe Luc did post about lowering payouts while they work on a bot weapon. If there is something new to be tested, it is going to happen in TC.

G

I was getting paid when i was making pizza this morning. I stopped to green and then i started back in 20 min and now i am not making any money from anything. I also am not seeing the payphones or the buffet tables. Just wondering if anyone else is having the "payphone problem". Good luck to us all. I am starting to remember why I stopped playing 3 years ago.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Now.. yes this has been reported as a bug, and as you can see it has been posted as a comment from the blog Some people keep directing everyone to. If you will notice there has been no response to this issue.

I can appreciate how hard the developers work and the hours I'm sure they put in, but do not treat me like a child making unreasonable requests. This "bug" is causing the majority of Sims in TC3 to make $0 at any and all money objects AND Jobs!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure what your point is? In other threads, players have reported getting less than the stated amount, which is clearly a bug. If the bug has been reported, that is all any player can do.

If the object or job you are working at, states the §0 *is* the earnings on an object, then it would be advisable to use a different object....which is the whole point of dynamic payouts.

G

This thread is drifting off-topic....

The topic of this thread, is how to make the most of the game's *dynamic* payouts.

It is not a bug reporting thread, nor is it the appropriate place to vent about the many recent bugs, the communication style of the Dev Team or the validity of dynamic payouts

Please stay on the topic of this thread, or start / join another thread, about the issues that concern you.

Thank you.