• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

getting old or game oddity?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
now ill be the first to admit im getting older.
i seem to forget more than i remember now a days.

but im home sick this morning and thought id relax and play a little UO.
i was on a shard i dont play much on and realized i didnt have a SC bow on my tamer.... i like to use them when taming so i dont hit whatever it is im taming and tick it off.

so instead of just making one i thought id go farm some Swoops and get one.
yes, im that cheap!

so i was playing away and one of the old armour piece sets dropped into my backpack and i got a message about it.
strange thing, i got one last week off a mob and didnt get a message about it and it was in the mobs backpack after we killed it.
seemed strange to me that one mob you would get a message about the drop in your pack and the other one would be on the mob and no message.
anyone remember it being both ways like this????

2nd thing was i got fat on gold and went to use my Bag of Sending to fire it off to bank and got the message, nope, cant do that from here.
i dont ever remember this when in ilsh????

so either this flu has me really thrown for a loop or there is some strangeness going on.

or, im just getting older and im forgetting more.
either way, i found it strange.

or, and this could be it, im high as balls on flu medication.
was it DON'T mix rum and dayquil together or DO mix rum and nightquil together?
i can never keep them straight.
either way i did and i feel great now!

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There's one more possibility- hallucination.

Considering the game weirdness over the years, does it REALLY surprise you on the message handling difference? As to the rest, no clue.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been seeing drops like this the last couple months as I could never solo some of these monsters.

I've only bagged them... carried them out at the end of the hunt. Twisted dungeon, where you are, not far in... just not enough for me to worry about. I only send gold. When your bank is too full, even sending gold is impossible when you have unlimited gold inside... and high enough items. Its odd. :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is a dungeon. You can't recall.

They put those bag drops back to normal. You get them anywhere in dungeon or ilsh.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I never knew them to drop in your pack they were always in the loot and you had to find them if you were going to have one... that's weird...

And far as I know I've never been anywhere that I couldn't use a bag of sending.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
killing paragons drops stuff in your pack, but I don't remember ever getting set pieces that way (not much help, cause I'm old too ;) )

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya I didn't want to speculate on the bag with 0 charges.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The armor set pieces used to have no message at all and the pieces were being left on the corpses.. some folks complained so now you get a message but the piece still stays on the body. Why? Damifikno... I guess too much coding needed to make the piece pop from the animals pack to your own for those.

The BOS not working there, that was stopped a good while back. I hunt Cu's a LOT and used to freely use them to stick gold in the bank.. that too stopped a good while back. I seem to remember that being due to someone script killing Swoop and banking the gold.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
was it DON'T mix rum and dayquil together or DO mix rum and nightquil together?
i can never keep them straight.
either way i did and i feel great now!
Just mix rum with more rum... better to be safe :)

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The last two pieces I got were from the bodies of Krampi. Krampuses. Whatever. No message, and the armor pieces were on the corpse.
Kind of a shame that those old old named armor suits aren't full 70s suits.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The set parts are of two different flavors. Ones that are on peerless and the like, others that are on named monsters. Those are the ones that were corpse finds.

There's also items that drop from paragons & named creatures. I don't think they've changed the set items to drop that way, but a few of them might be mistaken for set pieces.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tested it. Tamer, classic client, swoop.
Got hunter garb pants. It stayed on swoop corpse, no message.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My doctor told me years ago, instead of taking Nyquil, just buy Rum, it's cheaper per ounce than nyquil and is better for you. as far as the bag, if it is an anit-farming measure, why does the bag still work on Miasma?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My doctor told me years ago, instead of taking Nyquil, just buy Rum, it's cheaper per ounce than nyquil and is better for you. as far as the bag, if it is an anit-farming measure, why does the bag still work on Miasma?
Agreed. Not to mention there are far better ways and much faster ways to farm gold.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Tested it. Tamer, classic client, swoop.
Got hunter garb pants. It stayed on swoop corpse, no message.
ok what the hell!

i wonder if this was shard specific?
i find that very hard to believe but....

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Ya I didn't want to speculate on the bag with 0 charges.
i actually had to go log in and have a look to see, 26 charges on the bag.