• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

getting more people here

• Thread starter shadowlkj
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

shadowlkj

any 1 thing about logging on to the prodo shards and recuiting people to seige? i do it on legends. i brouth one person here so far. tell them about new, give the a few items or some help getting started

G

i did on sonoma but hey they would lose there pretty neon things....

M

majorwoo

Lots of people have done similar things.
We also often try to get Siege groups together to attend some of the events on different servers.

G

To me, there are two things to look at when speaking of recruitment:

1. Getting more people to try out siege - By far the most successful campaign I have seen was the old playsp campaign about 4 years ago, I know that brought a lot of people to Siege. If I remember correctly, there was a website set up, playsp.net or something like that, and there were 4-5 generic sigs all advertising siege and playsp somehow that lots of Siege people used as their main sigs. I would think that it would work wonderfully again, but it would be very hard getting the community that is left to work together to achieve this as well as finding someone dedicated to spearheading this. Just look at the abysmal support Hoffs is getting with the Siege 9 year anniversary, that would have the same effect.

2. Keeping the people who try out siege. From what it seems to me, lots of people try out siege. I would guess we add 10+ new members to NEW a week, and the number of NEW that log in within the past 48 hours is somewhere between 20-30 at any given moment. The problem is keeping them. I would guess that about 50% of the people that join NEW, graduate NEW...and of those graduates, I'm not really sure on this one, but I'd guess another 50% who make it to their next guild eventually die out. So if someone starts on Siege and makes it into NEW, I'd say there's about a 25% chance they actually make Siege their home.

So how do we raise that to 50% or more? Fixing RoT would be good, more shard wide events would be good, more guilds spending time with NEW members, taking them out on hunts and stuff would be good. Those are just my suggestions.

Q

qqqa

i made a post like 3 weeks ago saying how ive tried getting people here by going to prodo shards and talking about siege. dont know if anyone came but atleast i tried and will continue to try

S

shadowlkj

houses are a nother issue, i have a house on legends packed full of arties etc.. would be nice to be able to have a house here too, maybe increase the rate of decay on house so people would have to logon to them?not just buy a house and then play on prodo/ not sure but i cant leave my house on legends to much loot. although i find my self here more often then late.

C

Cleopatra

I've always believed people come here when they're ready. Most of the time they are fed up with their own shard and ready to quit so they try Siege on the way out. It still amazes me how many say they have wanted to try Siege for a long time and never did until the last moment, perhaps they would have come sooner if we went to other shards advertising more often, I really don't know. Fortunately some of them stay with us and don't quit after all, but not enough to make a difference to our numbers.

I don't think it's a good idea to have a secondary house here, but I think something along the lines of a temporary, (30-60 days maybe) secondary bankbox for a new char to Siege to give them a bit of extra storage while they decide whether they would rather have their house here or not.

It should come down to a choice in the end if you only have one account...house here, or there. We have enough houses with awol owners here as it is, and just being forced to logon to refresh it doesn't mean someone would actually be playing on the shard.