• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Getting kicked for inactivity versus staying in game inactive

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I have been running 3 accounts a good bit (in CC). At times one or two accounts just bank sit or when something comes up in rl I just leave all 3 accounts standing in safe areas. The strange thing is one of the accounts gets kicked with the 'you have been inactive' deal after a few minutes like normal.. the other 2 accounts can stay in game for hours while doing nothing... this happens even when they are all 3 in the exact same area (usually on WBB roof or on platform at Roof).

All of the accounts have the same preferences etc, none are running any auto macros, and I can't figure out why those two stay in game without getting kicked. Anyone ever able to figure something out on that front?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Been like this for years
The other people passing by keep your account active ingame
Yeah, I know that... but this same thing happens when all 3 accounts are in the same place with the same people walking by. That same account even gets kicked then.

Odd...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Nah, none of them do.

It also happens the same way no matter if the chat is open/closed. Also being in/out of party seems to have no impact. I remember at one time party leader would seldom get kicked.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mine all stay in game or they all are kicked.