• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Getting items back

S

Shyanne1

Are we going to get all the gifts back no matter what even if we didn't have them when we closed our account? Like will I get my simmy and mystic tree back even though I think I lost them before I stopped playing.

S

Sean Kendrick

You'll get back all the gifts that you should have according to your account age. If you had a simmy and mystic tree before you'll most likely be getting them again.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

Is there a mod that can confirm this?

[/ QUOTE ]

This has already been confirmed....

From the games website EA-land.com.

<blockquote><hr>

Former Members Of The Sims Online: You can come back for FREE right now by just downloading the game and REACTIVATING your account. If you do so before March 2008, you will get your earned 'account based' privileges back (gifts, skill locks etc...) when we run our 'amnesty' program. So make sure you are in game before that event!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> REACTIVATING your account. If you do so before March 2008, you will get your earned 'account based' privileges back (gifts, skill locks etc...) when we run our 'amnesty' program </font>

www.tso-e.com (EA Land Developers blog)

Its called amnesty, you can also read about it on the games website, www.ea-land.com (its the March Amnesty Program they are talking about).

Or just search the strarics boards for Amnesty and you should get tons of pages with info in it.

S

Shyanne1

Thanks, I just find it hard to believe that if these items weren't in your inventory when you quit that they'd give you another one.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

What do you mean not in your inventory.

They will only give you back what you were entitled to. For example say I quit a month after I got my 1st year anniversary gift. And I decided to come back but my sims have been wiped, so once this amnesty program happens, I will get my 1st year gift back. And the skill locks which my sim had.

However If I quit before my first year anniversary, I will not receive any gifts. Only my skills that I was entitled to.

Regular items, rares (tigers for example) and simoleans will not be returned.

So if you have received any of the anniversary gifts before you quit, you will receive them also you will get the amount of skill locks that you are entitled to.

If you didn't get any gifts because you quit before the date you were supposed to get them, then you will not receive any items except for skill locks.

If what you mean is that you sold or deleted your gifts before you quit and received them from maxis (did not buy them from another person), then yes you will receive them back.

S

Shyanne1

That's what I was asking. Thanks for confirming that. Dumbass me sold my simmy and now I get a chance to get it back. That is cool and worth coming back for.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

lol i sold my first mystics for 1 mill each and then kicked my self in the ass when I saw they were going for 100's of mills a year later lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

lol i sold my first mystics for 1 mill each and then kicked my self in the ass when I saw they were going for 100's of mills a year later lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pfffftttt....thats nothing.....I deleted my tree to change cities!

I

imported_MARCIN2006

lol thats sad....

I remember I had a sim in TC i wanted to delete because it was becoming a dead city, and I wanted to delete it before I got my mystic. However I was a bit busy at that time and when I finally had time to play, I went to TC and discovered that I got my tree that day. So for a year I was trapped in TC, no one wanted to do transfers because TC goods were not as valuable as they used to. I just ended up giving it away and deleting my sim lol. The other 2 mystics I sold and then got one from a friend who left.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What??!! Who was the low life that held the gun to your head and made you do that? I'll fix him for ya.

...uh... there... was... a low life with a gun...., right???

G

Okay - I confess - when I quit, I lost 7 simmies as well as a bunch of pet statues and trees. Not to mention 4 bazillion simoleons.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What??!! Who was the low life that held the gun to your head and made you do that? I'll fix him for ya.

...uh... there... was... a low life with a gun...., right???

[/ QUOTE ]

*sigh*

That would be a lot less embarrassing.....
yes indeed....

G

<blockquote><hr>

Okay - I confess - when I quit, I lost 7 simmies as well as a bunch of pet statues and trees. Not to mention 4 bazillion simoleons.

[/ QUOTE ]

And to think I'm still mad about the 2 simmies I never got in the first place and probably still will never get.

I

imported_Spacey

A thought just occured to me...

I understand the locks, but the gifts are a tad bit more complicated. How will they know the difference between a sim who gave trees, statues, etc. to another sim, cancelled the account and now is reopening to try to get another tree, etc during amnesty. Sounds unfair to me. Or is amnesty only going to those who cancelled before they got gifts and they are being gifted according to how old their account is.

G

From what I understand, they don't/won't know the difference. Any sim entitled to gifts that does not have them will receive them.

G

And don't forget that every one of your sims in that account will get them.

G

<blockquote><hr>

A thought just occured to me...

I understand the locks, but the gifts are a tad bit more complicated. How will they know the difference between a sim who gave trees, statues, etc. to another sim, cancelled the account and now is reopening to try to get another tree, etc during amnesty. Sounds unfair to me. Or is amnesty only going to those who cancelled before they got gifts and they are being gifted according to how old their account is.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is were I'm miffed

I bought a 2 trees - had them on my lot for a few months - one day 'Poof' one of them dissapears. I reported this on the 'missing items thread as soon as it happened and filed a bug report and nothing.....

Now with the amnesty, the sim I bought them from will get both trees replaced (now at a time when they are worth more) and I'm left out of pocket