• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Getting involved (or where's the rp at?)

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My dream in UO is to have UP get involved with the roleplaying action on Catskills. I want pirates to be mentioned in most every story anyone ever tells! As it stands, that's a distant dream, but there are things which you can do to help make it a reality.

1. Head on over to Catskills Community - Login then make an account and keep up with what the goings on are there.
2. Use the chat channel "rp community" whenever you're in game. Talk to the people who are there, even if it's out of character stuff. Use the channel to announce where you are, what you're doing, and if you're willing to interact in a pirate-like way.
3. If you have a regular gaming schedule (I don't think any of you do, but if you do...) then post it here.
4. Attend any and all events you hear about, no matter how small.
5. Interact with literally anyone you see. Some of the funniest moments in UO come when you try to rob a "blue" character in Trammel!

Right now, just "hanging out" yields few roleplay results since there are few roleplayers left, so in order to get involved, we need to be proactive... actually look for people to interact with. The above steps are steps in the right direction.