• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Getting back to fishing, need advices.

Mobidoy

Adventurer
I came back to the game ( On Atlantic ) with a brand new account a little less then a week ago after about being out for 15 years. I remember back then that I loved fishing. I want to get back at it.

I know back then I was an archer/fisherman.

I got the high sea booster pack just for that. But, I dont know where to start, and how to setup my template.

Note that I have very limited ressources being on a new account.

So, here is some template ideas if anyone would chip in for high end stuff and soloing most of the time.

#1 Gatherer Archer

Fishing 120
Mining 100
Lumberjack 100
Archery 120
Healing 100
Resist 120
Chivalry 60 (for sacred journey)

Fishing 120
Mining 100
Lumberjack 100
Magery 100
Meditation 100
Resist 100
Evaluate Intelligence 100

Or, maybe one simply for fishing and use another character slot for gatherers (our soultone mining and lumberjacking to my mystic mage ?)

Fishing 120
Archery 120
Healing 120
Anatomy 120
Spell Resist 120
Magery or Chivalry to 60 for recalls
Focus 60

Any other ideas ?
What should I look for stats Str Dex Int ?

Thank you for your help

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want to do fishing all you need to do is having fishing skill and 1 or 2 volems (assuming fishing from a boat) some way of recalling, and that's basically it. 1 volem can easily kill the spawn that pops up, you can even do "normal" nets with ease.
If you do sos'es you don't even need the volems, they are handy in case you meet some waterelements on your journey.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I stuck the fishing on my peace/provo bard. For me the days of a fisher not being able to do some type of combat are a thing of the past, especially if you are going after the dungeon fish etc. I also prefer not to use the volems, I like my bug for storage and my goat for eating bags of shoes etc.

Maybe one day they will allow a trash barrel on ship, but until then I will always have my goat on a pet ball lol.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Other options:

Remember that fishing quests are better if you use a High-seas ship. However, each of your characters can now have their own old-style ships with one having a HS one, and you can use all of them, with all your characters, once they are launched.

Look for the threads about paths to sail when doing fishing quests - you don't have to go all the way into the docks, just get your ship on the same subserver (The Emporium and Moonglow share a subserver, as do Jhelom, Skara and Trinsic. The serpent pillar on the Trinsic side is on the same subserver as Vesper, so you can come out from the Lost Lands after a delivery to Papua, and recall to deliver to Vesper).

Giant Beetles are now 1-slot pets, so you could theoretically take 4 of them and your goat out to sea. Or, if you had fishing on a tamer, have a single beetle at 4 or 5 slots (I use my 5-slot beetle for champs and boss fights)

The Lighthouse is good for saving your ships and cannon if you forget to refresh, but the contents are lost.

Take Normal leather sandal/shoe/boot/thigh boot BODs to fill from your fished up stuff, if you don't want to feed everything to the goat.

If you do SOS, remember that the new Clean Up Britannia system is a permanent feature, and you get points based on property weight for all items, and at least 100 points for each item "recovered from a shipwreck" (including the chests themselves). The kelp leggings, bronzed armor, polka dot bikinis, driftwood bows, etc. may have value on your shard as well, or be useful for you (the antique wedding dresses can be cut up by a tailor for a rare cloth color). If you get too many, they are worth points as well. Or, if you train up an imbuer (crafter with imbuing), you can take the contents home to unravel for Imbuing skill gains.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Giant Beetles are now 1-slot pets, so you could theoretically take 4 of them and your goat out to sea. Or, if you had fishing on a tamer, have a single beetle at 4 or 5 slots (I use my 5-slot beetle for champs and boss fights)
Glad to know that was made permanent so tyvm. When my comp died it was still being thought of as a nice glitch due to pet revamp.