• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Getting back into PvP game

• Thread starter Draken-Korin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Draken-Korin

Ok here goes, although I have not left UO except short breaks since 1999 I havent actively pvped since ummm 2004 or so. I have a a few questions and hope someone wont mind answering them. Here goes my setup and subsequent questions.

SKills: 120 mage, 120 eval, 100 Anatomy, 120 Med, 100 Poison, 120 Resist. I have 70 skill points left over which are currently in focus (using crystalline ring making it 90). My suit was made by a friend and guildmate of mine, Ryuk, who has since taken a break from UO so guess im a bit lost as to if this will still be effective with the coming changes and my guild wanting to get into pvp (which im more than happy to do again).

Suit is currently 71/70/70/71/70 with 100lrc, 40 lmc, 15 mr, 20 sdi, 45 dci, 2/6, 25 hpi, 18 hpr, 45 rpd. Stats with mods are 135/15/134.

I wish there was a way I could sneak inscribe in my template, but with the coming poison changes i figured go with nox. Plus I always enjoyed the setup of being a nox mage whether it was super effective or not.

Ok so is this a viable suit and skill set? Thank you in advance for any replies.

T

Tazar

On the suit, get rid of the reflect physical damage unless you are going red with the character. Players can use it against you to make you the aggressor. Also, try to increase the DCI to about 70. It is above the cap, but it will help offset a lower-defense-chance weapon.

Not really sure about the rest. Like you, I have not PVP'd in ages now.

C

Cloak&Dagger

With the changes that are coming Your skill setup will work fine (as the changes are currently stated anyhow, things can ultimately change.)

But as Tazar said the suit set up needs a little work for PvP. I will add to what he said, You want to try and max out on your HP and Mana pools, so 150 in both if possible, at least while blessed. If you are getting any of those props from a combination of a shield + weapon/spellbook then you may wish to figure out a way to maintain it while freeing up one of those hands, using items tends to be vital (specially if you are on the poor side of a gank) Over capping fire and poison resists can be useful if you happen across pesky necro's (again up comming changes may make that happen more often than it does today, but I have seen a few out there on atl still.) You only really need 15 sdi Currently, but again new changes will up that to 30, and I believe your template will allow for that 30% SDI cap, so you can keep the 20 or increase it to 30 as you see fit. Only other thing I can say is you can get the 100 scribe if you drop magery....Using the crystaline ring you will gain 20 from magery, and you can drop a 10 from med, or use a different combination of ring/bracelet to get +30 in some skill (I would do +30 in med personally, or maybe even resist since they are the easiest of the skills you have to gain back if you decided you didn't like it)

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should consider using the Grammar of Orcish talismen, it summons an orc brute which won't work the best for a mage, but it can stam block and sometimes will hit people, but the main reason is it will give you 5 resist spells and 7 anatomy points which could mean a lot if you want to squeeze in scribe.