• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Necromancy] Get ready for this crazy template! Mind is blown.

EliteEmpire

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ok, so i was just looking at the release notes, and I came across wrestling mastery. I kinda scoffed at it a little, wrestling is for mages trying to pvp 1v1 duel! These abilites are weak i said to myself! No mage would use this.

However.

I looked over at necromancy focus spec ability, and something clicked.

Wrestling
  • Rampage – The wrestler attempts to continually hit their opponent where with each successful hit the wrestler receives a bonus to hit point regeneration, stamina regeneration, casting focus, and swing speed increase based on mastery level. The effect is lost if the wrestler misses, the wrestler’s opponent parries the attack, or fails to cast a spell.
  • Fists of Fury – The wrestler attempts to land three hits in rapid succession to the next target that damages you within a 2 tile radius. If successful the third hit will deal direct damage based on the wrestler’s mastery level. The duration of this ability is based on wrestling skill and anatomy skill or evaluating intelligence skill.
  • Knockout – While the wrestling mastery is active the wrestler receives a damage bonus to each hit based on mastery level.

AND THIS.

• Necromancy Update: Focused Spec players can now cast spells in Horrific Beast Form.

I dont know why it clicked in my head, i have no idea. Its so outside the box the box is over in Japan and Im on Mars lol, but I noticed the synergy and I had to try it.

Horrific Beast form and Level 3 Wrestling Mastery. Who woulda thought.

Heres the temp i ran for the testing:

120 Wrestling
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
100 Necromancy
100 Spirit Speak
100 Healing
60 Med

Now this is just preliminary template. All kinds of things can be changed.

First lets look at the actual damage numbers.

With Horrific Beast (granting baseline 5-15 damage to wrestling attacks), 360 points in combat, and 100 DI my damage is 11-30. This is doubled (100%) by the mastery in PVM, making the damage 22-60. Thats auto attack about in line with a 2 hander! Thats baseline, nothing equipped in main hand. Now, i tried fishing poles and lanterns for the max SSI trick? and the damage goes to 0, so thats a no go. But with rampage it matters very little, as your stam regen is through the roof.

• Fists of Fury – The wrestler attempts to land three hits in rapid succession to the next target that damages you within a 2 tile radius. If successful the third hit will deal direct damage based on the wrestler’s mastery level. The duration of this ability is based on wrestling skill and anatomy skill or evaluating intelligence skill.

This ability is phenominal. You do 2 hits for 50-60 damage each, and the third hit did 93 at the speed of double strike (only triple strike lol) I believe that might even be better than double strike or AI.... i mean the mechanics are different as it requires being hit, but the numbers are there. Maybe an actual skilled gamer (lol) can come in and give an opinion on that in particular.

Rampage – The wrestler attempts to continually hit their opponent where with each successful hit the wrestler receives a bonus to hit point regeneration, stamina regeneration, casting focus, and swing speed increase based on mastery level. The effect is lost if the wrestler misses, the wrestler’s opponent parries the attack, or fails to cast a spell.

This ability is why its not really important to need a fishing pole. The stamina regeneration is through the roof. Hit point regeneration is a little wasted here, as the form itself puts you over cap. Casting focus and swing speed all ramp up to a high level, its actually pretty broken.

And....

And this is on TOP of your necromancer arsenal, on top of your paralyze and disarm, and on top of whatever else your template adds.

This isnt a guide. This is just bringing awareness to the synergy. Please get on test and try it out, its pretty darn good.

Thanks!

Edit - Alchemical Bracers of Devastation and Mace and shield make this even sweeter. Tried it out and its REALLY good. Also can use potions, so thinking of incorporating alchemy and max EP since alot of mods on the armor you simply dont need (hpr to name one).

Last edited:

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I saw that bit about the focused spec for necro, and I've been pondering why/how this might make beast form a viable template. Even have a thread a few below where I mentioned it. You landed on it, I never considered that the wrestling mastery was the combo piece.

I think this would work nicely in PvP, but I still don't see how this template get's it done in PvM against anything with reasonably high physical resists. Though against something with low resists, and where you could use a slayer talisman, you might be able to go hog wild...

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I'm really not seeing it. When I was on TC I used basically all of that minus the Horrific Beast Form, and was doing 1 damage per tick to a player (this is with 100 DI, 150 Str, 120 Tac/Anat) Rampage and Fury are both hugely unreliable. The HPR in Horrific is only 20, so that's a non factor, against anything that can do more than 2 damage per second, Stam Regen not really seeing this as useful on any template as there are pots, then there's the cooldowns on using the Masteries.

EliteEmpire

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Horrific form increases it by alot. Alot.

20 HPR is really good and eliminates the need for it on your gear, ill agree that stam regen isnt so hot, but im having a blast with it and its very viable for higher end monsters! Just did turtle (not solo but still i did more than enough to register loot rights), and the spawn was more fun ive had in UO combat in a long time. Plus people are asking all about it and i went to fel earlier with a guy who was curious and basically 1 shot him, its very cool to connect a dot and it actually work for once, usually my ideas suck. lol

EliteEmpire

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Well i mean he said "hit me", i did 2 swings for around 35 each, and then his autoattack kicked in and the fist of fury went off and that killed him from like.. i wanna say he was at 70% life after those 2 hits. So no, it wasnt a 1 shot per say, ill choose words more carefully next time, but it was a 2-3 shot, still pretty good if you can paralyze and go off on someone i think, its super easy to get max swing speed with wrestling

EliteEmpire

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Oooo... Me like this idea
A couple downsides are very clear to this idea though, and ill be the one that points them out since Im the one who brought it to light.

1. You arnt mounted, and so for pvp itll be difficult. You also only do 50% damage in pvp versus 100% for pvm. While the build IS capable of downright pwning another player with relative ease, its probably certian that the player will simply res and kite you thereafter. You also have no real tools to slow or hinder movement that I am aware of without losing focus spec and therein your ability to cast while in horrific beast. This is a huge problem. Damage wise and utility wise this build is phenominal, been playing it for 3 days and its wrecking. BUT - pvp might very well be a no go as youre a HUGE target figuratively and literally. Movement speed is an issue. Looking into Garg so I can at least fly up for a paralyze, but its not looking too good. By the time you get the form off theyd have already used a trapbox and on their way to kiting you.

2. GOD mentioned this, there is a cooldown on fist of fury, at level 3 mastery its 15 seconds. So its not something you can spam. DIsarm is only useful really in pvp, and you can lose the enormous buff if you miss a swing, although that has no cooldown you just start over

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Horrific form increases it by alot. Alot.

20 HPR is really good and eliminates the need for it on your gear, ill agree that stam regen isnt so hot, but im having a blast with it and its very viable for higher end monsters! Just did turtle (not solo but still i did more than enough to register loot rights), and the spawn was more fun ive had in UO combat in a long time. Plus people are asking all about it and i went to fel earlier with a guy who was curious and basically 1 shot him, its very cool to connect a dot and it actually work for once, usually my ideas suck. lol
I don't know enough about the new Turtle to know how it's resists are etc. I did it once with a huge group, and there was just so much going on, I found it hard to pay attention to what *I* was doing in particular, but my 100DMG AIs were enough for loot rights.

I guess I could work wrestle up and see how this really goes against things I'm used to killing.

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could try also add in Ninjitsu + Hiding + Stealth for DS for 50dmg if they run. Can you still spool up the bolas and hide? If so then you could stealth to a victim that is taking some hits, bola them, DS, disarm, poisoned shuriken, punch away, DS again. Kinda like a Black Ninjah in beast form. :D

Be blessed in all your adventures,
Frederick
Death Blossom (ninjah)

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Except, Ninjutsu counts as another form of magic. You will be unable to cast in horrific beast form.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Necro thread :)
I think Horrific form was nerfed back in late 2016, which is why we don't see anyone using it ;)