• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Germans paying 16 USD per Account

• Thread starter Lucky Lisa
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lucky Lisa

While I'm at it .. lol

A TSO account over here (germany. and I know that's not the best advertisement
) costs 10.99 Euro a month .. that's about 16 US dollars...

My question .. cuz I remember the hosts talked about that issue at community pub in TC 3 before... will there be a change in the future? Paying the monthly fee over Paypal (where I could chose currency) instead of Credit Card, would help OH so much.. lol like getting 2 for 1

TY

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

While I'm at it .. lol

My question .. cuz I remember the hosts talked about that issue at community pub in TC 3 before... will there be a change in the future? Paying the monthly fee over Paypal (where I could chose currency) instead of Credit Card, would help OH so much.. lol like getting 2 for 1

TY

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard others from outside USA complain about this. Blame the dang US dollar which is embarrassingly weak. I remember when the Euro was not even equal to one USD. Dang.

If I ruled EA I'd adjust rates for you. It does seem unfair, to say the very least. Everyone -- EA and the players -- benefit from the presence of international players.

L

Lucky Lisa

I've heard others from outside USA complain about this. Blame the dang US dollar which is embarrassingly weak. I remember when the Euro was not even equal to one USD. Dang.

If I ruled EA I'd adjust rates for you. It does seem unfair, to say the very least. Everyone -- EA and the players -- benefit from the presence of international players.

not trying to talk bout the actual value of currency so much, was more hoping on a possible correction from maxis in the future on that topic

G

PayPal is already an option for making payments. Now whether it is for foreign users thats a different story, I do not know.

NOTE: In the US it cost users more to pay via paypal, 30 days @ $13.99 usd or 90 days @ $38.99.
click here

L

Lucky Lisa

just credit card or game time card..
13.99 still be great

well if it's an option for you guys already, maybe / hopefully we're not far from it

... good to know

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

oh so you do remember that brief moment december 2002...

[/ QUOTE ]

How sweet it was...
and how fleeting

G

<blockquote><hr>

just credit card or game time card..
13.99 still be great

well if it's an option for you guys already, maybe / hopefully we're not far from it

... good to know

[/ QUOTE ]

we have had it for the past 5 years it is not new.

oh and if $9.99 = $16 in german then $13.99 usd would mean more for you in german i would think.

L

Lucky Lisa

Currencies left alone,

if I go shopping on US post/base here they charge my credit card cheap USD... (love your guys grape jelly and juice
) how come don't work with US Maxis charging thing?

L

Lucky Lisa

oh dear fester lol
you had the paypal feature all this time?

SO crashing my earlier hopes shooooot !

Nice keepin the thread on without an professional opinion too lol

I

imported_Fire Dragon

Correct me if i am wrong.. does it have anything to do with paying VAT? I believe in other games, europeans were charged this on top of their monthly subscription fee. As far as I know, I'm only paying 9.99 US a month. (I live in Australia) Which was 11.61 last time i paid. Thank God for the lower exchange rate.. Had been paying up to 15 previously.

L

Lucky Lisa

VAT ... wouldn't they have to bill taxes separately?
Asking, not crahsing !

Well .. cuz I could sure ask em back since my husband is an american in the military just stationed in germany...

LOL should try to send MAXIS a VAT-form with my credit card bill

S

Sativa L

I am Canadian, and TSO is much cheaper these days for me:) Back in 2002 it cost me near $15.00 Cdn. The costs bounces around abit from month to month. If i was to guess an average over the last five years of $12 - $13. Now it is within $0.50 of $10.00 give or take a few cents from month to month.

Either way.. $15 or $10.. its cheap entertainment.

L

Lucky Lisa

Yea sweet for you ... Really, I do mean that, almost always happy for others!

For me 10-15 bucks a month ... mostly two or three accounts... would'nt call it *cheap* fun

Why I have to have more than one account? Cuz yea it's not ruining me, just extra expenses, but the difference would make a parking space in the city .. or other bills... not gonna keep it up without a fight

I'm not earning more Euros just cuz the dollar is weak... so paying 50 instead of 30 a month no matter what currency is less fun when it's 50

Soooo ... any profesional opinion on that subject yet?!
C'mon moderators you usually jump so quick at all kinds of stuff...

S

Serene

oooo that would be wonderful! at present I pay 70 ZAR per month per account (colour me addicted LOL), still it would be great if they could do something about the international payments.

<blockquote><hr>

While I'm at it .. lol

TY

[/ QUOTE ]

L

Lucky Lisa

70 zar (35 meters)

or what the heck ur talkin bout lol .. döner kebab?

I

imported_corpatortis

USD is almost the same as the Canadian dollar. I pay $15+tax no matter what the exchange rate.