• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gentle reminder to Pari re: CC hours

• Thread starter imported_debslee
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_debslee

Pari, last week at the community pub, I dont know if you remember about me asking if the CC uploading time could be extended during the week, or a plan made for those of us on the other side of the world, like myself, who only get a chance to upload CC on a Saturday - due to the amount of hours we are ahead of you. Do you have any feedback as yet...I know that with the opening of EA Land this has probably dropped to the bottom of your things to do list! (understandably so). I know you mentioned you were sending an email.. just wanted to find out if there was any news?

However, of course if this is all that can be done, no problem, cause I know that you switch it off when you leave the office...so I dont want you to feel any pressure to stay longer - I know you have a life outside of EA!!!!

G

CC is now available during the weekends! There was a kink it in last weekend, but we've worked that out, so I will be turning it on the weekends starting this Saturday.

Please keep in mind that I have to physically approve or reject each one. I will not spend the weekend staring at the laptop screen. So if you upload something and it takes a while (as long as a few hours) for it to be approved, I'm sorry! I'm probably out trying to have a life.

I

imported_debslee

Awwwwwwww ((big hugs)) - Thank you so much!

No worries, I would prefer you to have a life and VERY happy to wait for you to approve it....sometimes its just the uploading that I want to do - very happy to wait for it.

You are a STAR
!!!!

If you ever visit NZ - the drink is on me!

G

<blockquote><hr>

If you ever visit NZ - the drink is on me!

[/ QUOTE ]

And me.

I

imported_debslee

Of course you....when you come to the City of Sails........

I

imported_SimTripps

Hopefully the CC approval process will become more automated in the future.. Poor Pari! What will happen when we have additional CC items, and hopefully additional subscribers? Never mind week-ends - you'll be approving CC 8 days a week, 48 hours a day lol...

Z

Zinzi

<blockquote><hr>

Hopefully the CC approval process will become more automated in the future.. Poor Pari! What will happen when we have additional CC items, and hopefully additional subscribers? Never mind week-ends - you'll be approving CC 8 days a week, 48 hours a day lol...

[/ QUOTE ]

From TSO-E blog:

The folder you put your custom content in has moved! In order to make custom content please follow the instructions below.

From My Documents folder go to:

EA Games
EA-Land
Create a folder called uploads
Create a folder called Images inside the uploads folder
Drop all of the custom content into the Images folder, and you are good to go!

I did this but still do not see the image come up when I wanna do a custom painting... What am I doing wrong?

G

The only thing I can think of, is to go over the basics, step by step.

Are your files the correct type ~ bitmap(.bmp) or .jpeg?
Are your files the correct size ~ 100kb or less.
Are your files in the 'images' folder, which is inside the 'uploads' folder? (open the folder and see if you can see them there...I keep a shortcut to the folder on my desktop.)
Is Custom Content enabled (Parizad is online and the easel offers the 'create custom painting' option) at the time you are trying to upload?

If all those steps are verified and functional, then you probably have a bug and need to report it on the Wiki, along with the point at which the process fails for you. Parizad's visual walkthru, can help you pinpoint that.

Z

Zinzi

<blockquote><hr>

The only thing I can think of, is to go over the basics, step by step.

Are your files the correct type ~ bitmap(.bmp) or .jpeg?
Are your files the correct size ~ 100kb or less.
Are your files in the 'images' folder, which is inside the 'uploads' folder? (open the folder and see if you can see them there...I keep a shortcut to the folder on my desktop.)
Is Custom Content enabled (Parizad is online and the easel offers the 'create custom painting' option) at the time you are trying to upload?

If all those steps are verified and functional, then you probably have a bug and need to report it on the Wiki, along with the point at which the process fails for you. Parizad's visual walkthru, can help you pinpoint that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh - I am SO EXCITED!
I finally managed to do it! Got my own artwork made into cc paintings! Yay! I guess I'll have to open a store now....

Look out for Night Mercy - my EALand name! hehe...