• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General Testing Section of uo.com is out of date :O

• Thread starter uo_kaladin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
U

uo_kaladin

what's going on with the update center on uo.com? It's woefully out of date. At least it isn't as out of date when they were talking about the vet rewards.... remember that Hat that could hold a small quanity of stuff? Or the decorations called something like the dawn of the dead... something like that. Those vet reward ideas were up forever and then never happened. I bet that's partially the reason why they don't want to post stuff on the update center.....

G

UO Herald is effectively Update Center. They could take the entirety of that section of the website down and NOONE would ever miss it.

G

A UO website (fan or official) out of date?!!?

INCONCEIVABLE!

G

<blockquote><hr>

A UO website (fan or official) out of date?!!?

INCONCEIVABLE!

[/ QUOTE ]The OP fell victim to one of the classic blunders!

G

<blockquote><hr>

UO Herald is effectively Update Center.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you claiming that Uo Herald does an effective job of communicating What updates/changes are currently in the dev cycle? your post could be read in a couple of different ways.

G

No it's stating that basically, pretty much, for the most part, and for all intents and purposes that UO Herald has taken the place of Update Center and that they could delete that entire section from the website.

As for the effectiveness of the Herald itself... I'd say it does better than Update Center.

B

Babble

I think we are through the fifth or sixth developer trying to update the UO bermuda web triangle. They all get lost somewhere and reappear in different positions with hardly any work done.