• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General questions

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Hello,
So as I am trying to get into a different aspect of uo than I have done before I have a few questions...
does luck increase the chances of MIBs dropping on serpents and stuff? And if so does it help when my RC kills mobs or do I have to do the killing?

Next question is what is the max luck suit for a gargoyle?

Is there a version of AoF for gargoyles? Or can it be altered?

Do I have to have fishing to do MIBs? It seems like it then I read someone had 0 fishing and still got it.

I may end up having more questions later on this as the answers come in. And as always thank you for you help, support and knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
mibs from serpents is not a function of luck from my experience. I do think i see a difference in # of mibs for a 120 fisher vs a 100 fisher (on Siege at least).

Luck does seem to make a large difference on chest item quality when fishing up chests from SoS.

My Gargoyle (Flint on Siege) does not fish and only has a minor luck suit so sorry I can not answer those questions.

It used to be 78 was required to fish up mibs and 68 to get a chest from an SoS but it took a long time and the amount of prechest loot was a lot less frequent (since you "miss")

I can't say I have been fishing a lot lately so I might be a bit out of touch.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello,
So as I am trying to get into a different aspect of uo than I have done before I have a few questions...
does luck increase the chances of MIBs dropping on serpents and stuff? And if so does it help when my RC kills mobs or do I have to do the killing?

Next question is what is the max luck suit for a gargoyle?

Is there a version of AoF for gargoyles? Or can it be altered?

Do I have to have fishing to do MIBs? It seems like it then I read someone had 0 fishing and still got it.

I may end up having more questions later on this as the answers come in. And as always thank you for you help, support and knowledge.

As far as I am aware luck does not play a part in fishing up mibs. On a tamer you do not have to do damage personally to have luck effect the loot. You need 75 or better in fishing to fish up mibs.

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
As far as I am aware luck does not play a part in fishing up mibs. On a tamer you do not have to do damage personally to have luck effect the loot. You need 75 or better in fishing to fish up mibs.
Awesome thank you for the quick reply

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awesome thank you for the quick reply

Np. If you are just looking to get mibs to fish up yourself I would suggest using salvage hooks. Much easier to get a large amount of mibs. If you are on napa I can give you a few dozen.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just a minor addendum to the answers provided, but it is technically possible to fish up mibs with zero fishing as part of the Zipacoatl quest, unless it has been changed. I think this loophole was also used during the 20th anniversary obelisque quests.

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Just a minor addendum to the answers provided, but it is technically possible to fish up mibs with zero fishing as part of the Zipacoatl quest, unless it has been changed. I think this loophole was also used during the 20th anniversary obelisque quests.
I don’t know what you mean by that quest but I can google it

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Np. If you are just looking to get mibs to fish up yourself I would suggest using salvage hooks. Much easier to get a large amount of mibs. If you are on napa I can give you a few dozen.
I have never tried naps but I do want to make a useful toon on each shard someday

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Since we're kicking around luck... seems I can have a killer fighting suit or a killer luck suit. Mixing those 2 together can get fairly tricky. Thank the gods for the luck statue :p My question is what do folks think is a reasonable amount of luck to get better drops when hunting? My gut tells me around 700? Seems like you can have 2000 luck and still get 99% junk drops mostly so I'm wondering what people think. With around 700 luck I still find artifacts that aren't trash so I wonder if luck is that big a deal or if it's still mostly a RNG thing. But I'd be super interested in what people think the minimum luck they'd carry on their toon would be. Is there some "luck study" somewhere? Love to read it.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have found the "magic luck number" to be about 1600. More is better of course but I see a real difference between 1000 and 1600.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dev and I have done T=maps, lots of them, both with luck and without. To be honest, IMO, the non luck maps are running a bit ahead of the ones we did with luck

*your experience may vary* :p

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Dev and I have done T=maps, lots of them, both with luck and without. To be honest, IMO, the non luck maps are running a bit ahead of the ones we did with luck

*your experience may vary* :p
I kinda wonder if the luck thing is just a scam :) It would be a great joke, lol

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will go by mining saltpeter where the size of the niter deposit is determined largely by your luck. At 800 luck you will get low end Clumsy fairly regular and pull 80-95 from it. at 1800 luck you will pull higher end clumsy and low end big ones 125-175 saltpeter per seems to be the range. at 2470 luck you pull almost all mid to high end big deposits ranging from 225-350 per deposit. There is some variation in results but the higher the luck goes the greater the odds the more saltpeter you get. Where it shows in the hourly average mined. I see the same thing in loot and chest but much more subtle, high luck increases the odds by some % of higher intensity properties and less negatives. Easiest thing where it is most noticeable that I do are dread pirates kill 10 pirates with zero luck and 10 with max luck and compare the loot in number or negatives, number of legendaries and overall loot intensity over all the loot from the ones with max luck is about 30% better over all than the loot from no luck. Just my observations..........

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I will go by mining saltpeter where the size of the niter deposit is determined largely by your luck.
My miner is my only toon with a luck suit. Luck works on this. Before the luck suit I could not keep up with my black powder needs.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK, I usually get about 1k saltpeter an hour with no luck - I'll try this out when I get a chance
I use the mountains in Ilsh. You get a lot of Gigantic and Massives. Some will be hidden so watch your messages.

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
mibs from serpents is not a function of luck from my experience. I do think i see a difference in # of mibs for a 120 fisher vs a 100 fisher (on Siege at least).

Luck does seem to make a large difference on chest item quality when fishing up chests from SoS.

My Gargoyle (Flint on Siege) does not fish and only has a minor luck suit so sorry I can not answer those questions.

It used to be 78 was required to fish up mibs and 68 to get a chest from an SoS but it took a long time and the amount of prechest loot was a lot less frequent (since you "miss")

I can't say I have been fishing a lot lately so I might be a bit out of touch.
Awesome. Trying it out on origin and seeing how it works before busting it out on siege :)

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since I only play Siege, I wonder if loot and # of mibs differs between Tram and Fel?