• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General PSA on Torches

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Might be similar to costumes (the ones you have to hold in one of your hands), no durability and can get poof (unless it was fixed).
I wonder if lanterns are the same.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm also very curious if lanterns are the same.... if my light of fallen virtue randomly broke some day i would be very pissed off

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm also very curious if lanterns are the same.... if my light of fallen virtue randomly broke some day i would be very pissed off
not sure but the older lanterns do run out of oil and dont light up anymore. have to re-fill them with oil from the provisioner.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I can confirm Sadie's original post. There is a hidden durability on them and they WILL break after minor combat. Don't want to lose a nice item due to swatting away a pesky mongbat!

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It should be noted that I've whacked a few lower end spawn with my older blue torch and nothing happened, the case above was someone that went PvP and fight while wearing it... eventually broke. All to say they're more to flex with, don't go out PvE/PvM/PvP or fight while wearing or risk loosing it. Was an expensive lesson for that player sadly... I'm also more careful myself since @Sadie- testing

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i hopped on test shard and let my guy get his ass whipped by sheep for about 3 1/2 hrs. prized ring broke and other stuff got down to low durability (just don't have the time to keep going) but light of fallen virtue lantern was still there (same with nobility sandals if that was ever in question), so if they happen to have an internal durability it is not a low one.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
On a side note, I don't think the item that broke had a "hidden durability" (such as an "un-shown" 255/255 going down to 0/0) but just had a small chance to break every time it took damage.

For example, firehorns have a 1% chance to break: UO Stratics - Fire Horns